Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 10:50   #7621
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidby View Post
Hi venom,

I see. I just got a call about my car 15 minutes back.

Mine is a nov 2010 and wasnt under warranty either. But using the advisory on tbhp, and some thinly veiled threats, I have managed to get them to replace 4 fuel injectors and the EGR 100% Free of Cost.

Even though you have already gotten the work done, I advise you to try and get a refund. There is no such thing as goodfaith/goodwill on their part in my experience. It is a simple case of them being at fault and not acknowledging it, so as to avoid the costs. I hope you have a satisfactory resolution if you do take it up.

I am a little concerned about keeping it, after the repairs, though. If this can happen once, it can easily happen again and again. Some people also believe that once a car goes to the workshop, it keeps going back. What are your views on this point?

VW really needs to buck up.

Wishing you a good day!
Wow, Sidby! Congrats! I'm surprised they changed it for you. I personally have given up hopes of getting a refund. I even posted on VW India's facebook page to complain. I ended up getting the same customary BS of "We will look into it."
I haven't heard from them since.

I, too, went through the same worries when these issues cropped up. I thought it would continue to be in for repairs, as well. And in that tension, we decided to book the Honda City. But seriously, it felt like a downgrade. So we cancelled on that.

Ended up not making a decision for the next 6 months and now i'm glad i didn't.

The vento just manages to always bring a smile on my face when i drive it! I haven't had a single issue since then. *touch wood*

VWs are generally well built and long lasting cars. I suspect it is the dealers that give it a bad rap. I'd suggest stick with it for 6 months at least. It generally won't give you issues.

If i don't go to my dealer, i should be fine. It seems they are trying to clear their spare parts stock, because when they'd told me to change the steering rod, i had at least 5 of my customers tell me the dealership had told them the same. I've been seeing some crazy bills at the dealership, especially people from the satellite villages near Nashik.

Bills like 90k for Polos!
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 11:14   #7622
Senior - BHPian

On my Vento too I am anxious about injectors having some problem (early 2011 model). Will get them tested at the next service and ask them about changing them citing the advisory.

Not sure if its the talk here or something, I am hating the tractor sound :( There is not much change in pickup or anything but still.
Old 17th March 2015, 13:20   #7623
BHPian

Hi Venom,

I am feeling relieved now that things are falling in place.

Honda is definitely a downgrade. Vento is the clear leader of the segment IMHO, however maintenance costs do tend to worry the average customer.

Nevertheless, i'm waiting to see what changes the repairs yield. And yes i do think a 6 month trial period post repair is warranted. I, too, love the drive of the vento inspite of having a Jetta as well. I invested in some Michelin XM2 tyres last June and they honestly changed everything for me.

Wishing you luck and many more hassle free miles on your car.

Thanks for the information and prompt replies!

Have a good day
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Wow, Sidby! Congrats! I'm surprised they changed it for you. I personally have given up hopes of getting a refund. I even posted on VW India's facebook page to complain. I ended up getting the same customary BS of "We will look into it."
I haven't heard from them since.

I, too, went through the same worries when these issues cropped up. I thought it would continue to be in for repairs, as well. And in that tension, we decided to book the Honda City. But seriously, it felt like a downgrade. So we cancelled on that.

Ended up not making a decision for the next 6 months and now i'm glad i didn't.

The vento just manages to always bring a smile on my face when i drive it! I haven't had a single issue since then. *touch wood*

VWs are generally well built and long lasting cars. I suspect it is the dealers that give it a bad rap. I'd suggest stick with it for 6 months at least. It generally won't give you issues.

If i don't go to my dealer, i should be fine. It seems they are trying to clear their spare parts stock, because when they'd told me to change the steering rod, i had at least 5 of my customers tell me the dealership had told them the same. I've been seeing some crazy bills at the dealership, especially people from the satellite villages near Nashik.

Bills like 90k for Polos!
sidby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 23:28   #7624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Hi there! Even my car is serviced at VW Nasik since 2013 which was bought from Mumbai in 2013. The only thing they are good at is car polishing. My Vento had minor damages at 3 spots a year back. Unlike humble Maruti service, they took 1 week plus to repair the car. My dad was calling them repeatedly to check the status of the car. We didn't get clear answers though. So after much frustration, we headed to their workshop and saw that the car was kept for paint drying in open sun. Interior door panels were not fitted. I checked the painted panels and they were completely looking wobbly under sunlight. He asked us to wait for an hour so we did.

Later we were shown the ready car. There was no difference whatsoever. A thin scratch was produced on left doors too. But the paint job was simply amazing.

Now, the painted door's door handle color is slowly coming off. I have to complain that too but in tight schedule. My car has been serviced 3 times there. Each time we were given oil cans but only after the 3rd service, I felt that they replaced the oil fully and just didn't top up.

Currently my car is at 49,500 kms within 2 years and mechanically trouble free.

Had to replace my front windshield last week. They kindly polished my car for free though.
Yeah. I have always had my doubts about the oil too.

Quote:
Hi Venom,

I am feeling relieved now that things are falling in place.

Honda is definitely a downgrade. Vento is the clear leader of the segment IMHO, however maintenance costs do tend to worry the average customer.

Nevertheless, i'm waiting to see what changes the repairs yield. And yes i do think a 6 month trial period post repair is warranted. I, too, love the drive of the vento inspite of having a Jetta as well. I invested in some Michelin XM2 tyres last June and they honestly changed everything for me.

Wishing you luck and many more hassle free miles on your car.

Thanks for the information and prompt replies!

Have a good day
Any time! I'm happy to help.

I went with upsized Yokos for mine 6 months ago. Ground clearance improved a bit and now the scraping is reduced considerably. Well worth it, despite the slightly higher effort required on the steering.

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th March 2015 at 07:51. Reason: Back to Back posts. Please avoid in future
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 11:31   #7625
BHPian

My TDI is due for 60,000 kms service next week. Any information on what I can expect to get serviced/changed at this point like break pads, suspension etc etc. Please share your experience.

I do not have any specific problems to report, but not sure if there will be any standard replacements after these many kms due to wear and tear.
Old 19th March 2015, 12:34   #7626
Senior - BHPian

Watch out for Suspension mounts, Clutch wear & tear, timing/other belts etc.

Sincere advise : After the car reaches 50K kms, as your car is getting older it is safe to change regular service intervals from 15K to 10k kms.
BTW, after the warranty is over, it is better to get it serviced in well know independent garage like BOSCH/Germany car garages etc, these guys are very knowledgeable than our VW folks who follow the regular service manuals.

For all the vento owners: The suspension on vento will not last more then 30 to 40K kms. Though you might have driven the car with at most care & completely on good roads, that is the life of that structs. Get the structs changed asap, else you would end up changing the Struct mounts & rubber as well like me

Last edited by Ramsagar : 19th March 2015 at 12:55.
Ramsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:58   #7627
BHPian

Took delivery of my Vento Highline DSG (night blue) on 18th. Will post the details soon. Already done 800 km. Loving it.
shasha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:43   #7628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
First of all congrats on your new acquisition and we look forward to your ownership thread. Petrol Vento are very less and we all be interested in knowing your deciding factor for Vento.

If I had both in my garage, my pick would be Yeti, because of higher GC and more comfortable ride and places like Varanasi & Nanital would be better off with a Yeti + diesel advantage. If it was just Mum-Del, Vento without a doubt.

Even though I say the above, I plan to do Leh in my Vento TDi.

Hi!

I was actually planning a similar drive in my TDi. Wondering if I need to upgrade my underpinnings as well for it. We'd be 4 peeps. Just changed tyres too. Would it be okay if we get on a quick call? Would really appreciate some tips!

Cheers!
Old 24th March 2015, 01:13   #7629
BHPian

Hi venom,

Yup a buddy of mine went in for upsized yokos too. He likes the higher Gq and swears by the increased grip. But while driving his vento, I did feel that it took a tad bit more effort to steer than mine. Oh well, you win some u lose some.

Was expecting my car today. Didnt get it. SA called to tell me that a hose pipe is busted and needs to be replaced and itll cost around 4200.You had similar issues right? As did many others. Any suggestions or TPI's to help me make a case? or should i just pay it since my car isnt under warranty anymore given that its a nov 2010.

Any help will be appreciated.

Have a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Yeah. I have always had my doubts about the oil too.

Any time! I'm happy to help.

I went with upsized Yokos for mine 6 months ago. Ground clearance improved a bit and now the scraping is reduced considerably. Well worth it, despite the slightly higher effort required on the steering.
Old 24th March 2015, 10:44   #7630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi venom,
Yup a buddy of mine went in for upsized yokos too. He likes the higher Gq and swears by the increased grip. But while driving his vento, I did feel that it took a tad bit more effort to steer than mine. Oh well, you win some u lose some.
Have a good day
Can you please specify the size of the tiers that your friend had put on?
The stock Apollo's comes with 185/60*15 profile. You are safe to go with 195/65*15 profiles, bigger/wider than these, you will experience the same feeling as above. Over a period of time this will impact your steering dampers & Suspensions etc.
Old 24th March 2015, 12:58   #7631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
The stock Apollo's comes with 185/60*15 profile. You are safe to go with 195/65*15 profiles, bigger/wider than these, you will experience the same feeling as above. Over a period of time this will impact your steering dampers & Suspensions etc.
If the stock size is 185/60-15 then 195/65-15 is completely the wrong size. You cannot increase from 60 to 65 and increase from 185 to 195. This will definitely cause clearance issues.

The right size if you want to upsize in case of Vento is 195/60-15 or the best size is 205/55-15.
Old 24th March 2015, 13:04   #7632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If the stock size is 185/60-15 then 195/65-15 is completely the wrong size. You cannot increase from 60 to 65 and increase from 185 to 195. This will definitely cause clearance issues.

The right size if you want to upsize in case of Vento is 195/60-15 or the best size is 205/55-15.
sorry vid, that was a typo, I've upgraded to 195/60-15 with Michelins XM2
Old 24th March 2015, 13:57   #7633
BHPian

Hi Ramsagar,

I just checked with my friend. He upsized to 195/60-15 yoko A drives he claims. As you mentioned thats probably why his steering requires a little extra effort.

I, on the other hand, have upgraded to 185/60-15 Michelin XM2. Or atleast I think I have. Since the car is in the workshop I cant check on it right now.

What I can say is that the steering now requires very little effort at low speed and the general grip and handling have improved manifold. No effect on GQ as the car till scrapes.

Quite pleased on the whole.

Have a good day

Quote:
Old 24th March 2015, 15:33   #7634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
I was actually planning a similar drive in my TDi. Wondering if I need to upgrade my underpinnings as well for it. We'd be 4 peeps. Just changed tyres too. Would it be okay if we get on a quick call? Would really appreciate some tips!
Vento TDi is quite a capable car. One bhpian took it from Mumbai to Leh.

Pump up tyres to 36 front and 39 rear. Few may say its quite high but car handles supremely well with full load. Drive as you would usually and go slow around pot holes. Rest all good.

Quote:
Quote:
I just checked with my friend. He upsized to 195/60-15 yoko A drives he claims. As you mentioned thats probably why his steering requires a little extra effort.

What I can say is that the steering now requires very little effort at low speed and the general grip and handling have improved manifold. No effect on GQ as the car till scrapes.
I would suggest 185 60 R15 stock size because
1. Going for 195 60 R15 increases sidewall height which will impact driving dynamics. More pitching in.
2. Wider tyre, more stress on steering & suspension.

Even I too would be upgrading tyres post rains and would go in 185 60 R15 Michelin XM2. Using 175 65 R14 XM2 on Fiesta, working great.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 24th March 2015 at 15:35.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 16:02   #7635
BHPian

Hi again El Lobo,

Good choice on the tyres. I can tell you that I have never been happier. In fact it has improved the Vento so much, that I sometimes prefer it to my 2.0 tdi Jetta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Even I too would be upgrading tyres post rains and would go in 185 60 R15 Michelin XM2. Using 175 65 R14 XM2 on Fiesta, working great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks