Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 11:50   #7531
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I drive a Vento and its drives like a car that is 5L more expensive than a City or Verna. Unfortunately most new buyers will not reach the stage of driving the car and will reject it based on its generic boring looks !
I think people prefer City/Verna over Vento not just because Vento has a boring (actually cleaner looks which I like) looks but because it is missing on some blings and niceties. They should bring newer Vento with a better HU (RCD510 maybe), rear view cam etc. and should make it a bit more feature rich atleast on the highline variant.
Old 2nd February 2015, 12:39   #7532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I think people prefer City/Verna over Vento not just because Vento has a boring (actually cleaner looks which I like) looks but because it is missing on some blings and niceties. They should bring newer Vento with a better HU (RCD510 maybe), rear view cam etc. and should make it a bit more feature rich atleast on the highline variant.
True some people like the cleaner looks but i guess the majority in India like bling. The feature is list is no doubt most important, otherwise how do explain a terrible handling car (Verna) selling in the numbers it did.

On another note, the all new Vento will be due in 2016/17 and this may also go against the facelift being launched by VW in 2015 !
Old 2nd February 2015, 13:10   #7533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Too minimalistic this facelift !

Unfortunately most new buyers will not reach the stage of driving the car...
+1

Also I can't help but wonder why Volkswagen cannot combine these changes and come up with a proper 'facelift' or new gen model. Something similar to how maruti launched with the swift at the end of 2014, it wasn't that much different but atleast there are few pointers for people to know that its the 'new' model

Vento has had so many small changes over the years, and so many 'special edition' models eg: Konekt, the IPL edition, some models with navigation & camera which are not the same as the Konekt, there maybe few more too

This all leads to buyer confusion & probably owner dissatisfaction since the initial owners never features such as steering mounted controls or navigation in their highline models

Hope they launch this as a new model & stick with it till they bring in the next gen, all new Vento in 2016 hopefully (its almost 5 years since the launch in Aug 2010)
iamendangered is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:34   #7534
Senior - BHPian

Knowing that VW and Skoda are the masters in disguising their cars before launch, I am expecting all new headlamps and front bumpers on the updated Vento. They just have camouflaged the car to look like the current car. I also somehow feel that the strip running across the boot lid, is a chrome strip ! Just made to look like a body coloured strip in the spy cars.

Hope the new face helps us distinguish it from the Polo better!
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:45   #7535
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing the badges on the rear, wonder if they plan to discontinue the 1.6 NA Petrol and make the 1.2 TSI the standard petrol engine for the manual also as part of the facelift. If they are testing face lifts, would expect them to be testing the manual petrol and diesel since the TSI DSG is still a niche car. Hence the thought.
Old 2nd February 2015, 19:38   #7536
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics on the face lift Vento.

Quote:
What's clearly visible is that the new Passat-like grille is now carried a bit lower down than on the earlier car, an all-new bonnet (the cut out for the big VW logo is missing and this new bonnet gets a double crease) and the new chin of the car is likely to be both wider and have a larger inlet. The bumper at the rear also appears to be wider and there's a new horizontal bar across the rear (above the number plate) that's likely to be finished in chrome.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150202052902_ventoznew.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-1_60_90_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150202052121_ventoz1.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150202052121_ventozcopya.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150202052121_ventoz1.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...li-393113.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd February 2015 at 19:50.
Old 4th February 2015, 16:16   #7537
BHPian

I have a month and a half old vento which is driven for about 1350 kms only. But there are a couple of issues already.

1) The doors make creaking noise right from the beginning. I had read someone else on team-bhp also complaining about the same issue on a brand new vento. is it a common problem? and how to solve this? its irritating when the car is at low speed and goes through bad roads coz of the creaking sound from the doors.

2) The fuel tank scrapes with 4 people in the car climbing a slope. My building is on a slope and there is a turn you have to take at the beginning to climb the slope. I was shocked that the fuel tank scrapped with four normal weight people in the car. I was also told about the same problem by some one from my building who drives the vento. the rear suspension is lose and the tank bottoms out because of this. Is there any solution for this issue?

Also since the car has crossed 1000km mark, should I get the Engine oil changed at the service centre?

Thank you.
Old 4th February 2015, 16:20   #7538
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento to get 1.4 l petrol variant.

with petrol pricing easing out the facelift Vento is being tested with the 1.4-litre MPI with a five-speed manual transmission and even the 1.6-litre MPI with MT and AT.

Quote:
Volkswagen has been testing the Vento recently as its facelift is due to come sometime around the festive season. However, the biggest change will happen will be under its hood. Volkswagen has been working on a 1.4-litre MPI petrol engine that will be powering the facelift version of the Vento.
http://motoroctane.com/news/8643-vol...l-engine-scoop
Old 4th February 2015, 16:30   #7539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post

2) The fuel tank scrapes with 4 people in the car climbing a slope. My building is on a slope and there is a turn you have to take at the beginning to climb the slope. I was shocked that the fuel tank scrapped with four normal weight people in the car. I was also told about the same problem by some one from my building who drives the vento. the rear suspension is lose and the tank bottoms out because of this. Is there any solution for this issue?

Also since the car has crossed 1000km mark, should I get the Engine oil changed at the service centre?

Thank you.
Are you sure it is the fuel tank that is scraping. In my experience, in the situation you mentioned, the rear tow hook is what gets scraped all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vento to get 1.4 l petrol variant.

with petrol pricing easing out the facelift Vento is being tested with the 1.4-litre MPI with a five-speed manual transmission and even the 1.6-litre MPI with MT and AT.

http://motoroctane.com/news/8643-vol...l-engine-scoop
This does not seem to be a sensible thing to do, the Vento petrol MT hardly sells. So I don't see how bringing in an even smaller engine is going to help in any way. They should bring in the 1.4 TSI engine with a manual box and position it along with the 1.2 TSI DSG. That will be sweet.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 4th February 2015 at 16:33. Reason: Multiquoting
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 17:06   #7540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Are you sure it is the fuel tank that is scraping. In my experience, in the situation you mentioned, the rear tow hook is what gets scraped all the time.
I am not too sure if its the fuel tank or the towing hook that gets scraped. but I was told by this person in my building who also drives a vento that its the fuel tank and they had complained several times about the same to the company too but no solution was given by the company.
Old 4th February 2015, 19:48   #7541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
building is on a slope and there is a turn you have to take at the beginning to climb the slope. I was shocked that the fuel tank scrapped with four normal weight people in the car. I was also told about the same problem by some one from my building who drives the vento. the rear suspension is lose and the tank bottoms out because of this. Is there any solution for this issue?
What tyre pressure are you using? I believe its the rear tow hook or rear mud flaps which are getting scrapped. No chance fuel tank getting scrapped.

I would suggest you to have 34 all round tyre pressure.

Quote:
No. Oil change is to be done at 15,000 Kms or 1 year whichever is earlier. I would suggest you to go through the user manual once.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 19:48   #7542
BHPian

Quote:
I am not too sure if its the fuel tank or the towing hook that gets scraped. but I was told by this person in my building who also drives a vento that its the fuel tank and they had complained several times about the same to the company too but no solution was given by the company.
I think it is the rigid mudflap that is scraping. That is what happens in my car, initially I also thought that it was the underbody of the car that is scraping, but is not. If you have rigid mudflaps, check them, you can see the frayed edges.
premc44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 21:04   #7543
Senior - BHPian

Where is the horn located for the Vento? Is it accessible without much tools?

My Vento's horn sometimes gets cut off momentarily even when pressed continuously. Not that I always press long, but for the sake of checking; I use short honks and at times the horn does not sound for a moment, for the critical moment most times.

The ASC has checked the horn pad contacts and said they greased some oxidation. I came home and pried open the pad and found no evidence of any greasing or oxidation there.
Old 4th February 2015, 21:18   #7544
BHPian

Quote:
Rest easy. The fuel tank is mounted quite high up and above all suspension components for it to ever hit the ground!

it is usually the rigid mudguards that usually create the scraping noise. You should check for frayed edges. The Vento has the same ground clearance as the SX4 VXi so underbody hit should not be the case though the suspension is softer, unless you approach the obstackle at very high speeds.
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 21:59   #7545
BANNED

Quote:
a
1) The doors make creaking noise right from the beginning. its irritating when the car is at low speed and goes through bad roads coz of the creaking sound from the doors.
Can you narrow down to which door are you getting this sound?

Have you opened the door pads for installing aftermarket ICE?

Quote:
2) The fuel tank scrapes with 4 people in the car climbing a slope.
Are you sure?

It could be the one of the below:

1) Mud flap or
2) Tow hook or
3) Running board.

When is the scraping sound heard? When the car is in the middle of the slope or during the end?

Why not do one thing, once you cross the slope, stop on flat ground, look below and see if you find scratches on the fuel tank?

IMO the fuel tank is above the exhaust system and it will have protection.

Quote:
Not sure what VW recommends so either go what the owners manual says or your SA.

Maruti Suzuki says first oil change is at 10K kms but when my Swift was new, I did change the oil and oil filter at 1000 kms.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks