Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 10:53   #7651
BHPian

I have a nov 2011 model vento tdi done 73000 kms. Changed the front struts, both front lower arms, rear suspension coil spring pad and one engine foundation bolt at 62000 kms. Changed the injector oil seal/gasket at 70000kms as it was leaking. The brakes started shuddering when my car was just 15000kms old. Replaced both the brake discs at 45000km and now again they have started shuddering got it checked at vw and they suggest to replace it again.
Old 8th April 2015, 11:05   #7652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
No, the speed breaker that I am talking about are not uneven. This happens at all the speed breakers. I can hear the noise only when I lower my window. It is not audible with the window rolled up. I will try and notice it on the left side also, but so far I have only noticed it coming from right front side.
I am aware about the infamous Vento "Thud", if that's what you are talking about and this noise is definitely different. It is like a person panting once, something like "huff".
I am also in favour of getting it done through the ASS and as crank has mentioned, if they are changed under extended warranty, I'll definitely prefer that over any outside struts.
If you directly go to VW SS complain about the noise, they might come out & say it as common & is expected from Vento. If you still think the noise is killing you & something wrong with the car, raise a complaint to VW via toll free and wait for the SS guys to you call back on that & try to get the things sorted out.
Since you've raised a complaint, most likely that would be treated as under warranty, else they might rip-you-off.
You can reach me : ramsagaris@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
I have a nov 2011 model vento tdi done 73000 kms. Changed the front struts, both front lower arms, rear suspension coil spring pad and one engine foundation bolt at 62000 kms. Changed the injector oil seal/gasket at 70000kms as it was leaking. The brakes started shuddering when my car was just 15000kms old. Replaced both the brake discs at 45000km and now again they have started shuddering got it checked at vw and they suggest to replace it again.
Wondering why would you change the Brake discs so often. Brake pads are the ones that needs to be changed as per wear & tear right?
I suspect you might be using your brake pads till the end of its life: The brake shoe is getting COMPLETELY worn out and the metal is touching you brake discs hence ruining your discs??
I'm still running on my stock discs with third set of brake shoes which I got recently changed @ 72K kms.
Please get the EGR & Exhaust manifolds cleaning as a precaution, Otherwise your car is in good nick.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th April 2015 at 12:41. Reason: Merging back to back post.
Old 8th April 2015, 14:25   #7653
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Wow! thats a lot of damages your car has suffred on the Mumbai roads

I have a March 2011 Vento TDI. I have done 102,000 KM on the ODO. the brake pads and disc changing happens at every 30K km, I have gotten the right side front arm, no other major work done apart from the regular repairs and maintenence
evilshantanu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 14:57   #7654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I have a March 2011 Vento TDI. I have done 102,000 KM on the ODO. the brake pads and disc changing happens at every 30K km, I have gotten the right side front arm, no other major work done apart from the regular repairs and maintenence
Good to know that you car is hail & healthy. That is some running you did on your car. Do you mind sharing more details on regular maintenance that was carried out on your car? Timing belts, clutch replacement at how many kms & charges etc.
Old 8th April 2015, 15:09   #7655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
If you directly go to VW SS complain about the noise, they might come out & say it as common & is expected from Vento. If you still think the noise is killing you & something wrong with the car, raise a complaint to VW via toll free and wait for the SS guys to you call back on that & try to get the things sorted out.
Since you've raised a complaint, most likely that would be treated as under warranty, else they might rip-you-off.
Thanks for your inputs, Ramsagar. I'll see what my SA replies on raising the query and accordingly will take action based on your inputs. But just a follow up query, what is the approx cost of each strut at VW ASS?

Last edited by noopster : 8th April 2015 at 15:15. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 8th April 2015, 15:10   #7656
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by noopster : 8th April 2015 at 15:13.
abhinavb is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2015, 15:14   #7657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Good to know that you car is hail & healthy. That is some running you did on your car. Do you mind sharing more details on regular maintenance that was carried out on your car? Timing belts, clutch replacement at how many kms & charges etc.
Thanks Ram! I have done a lot of Bangalore-Goa, Bangalore-Pune and Bangalore-Mumbai roadtrips, the high ODO reading is due to that

I think a dedicated long term ownership thread is pending, but for now I will quickly summarize the findings here:

- The most delicate thing in Vento as well as POLO is the lock carrier, this is something between your from bumper and the AC compressor, it gives support to the compressor, please be very careful while going over speed breajers and pot holes, if your from bumper takes a pounding, be sure that the lock carrier is gone, it takes ~5K INR to get it fixed. My lock carrier went off in the first 15K, never after that, have been extra careful with it on the bumps and pot holes

- The battery conked off in 2 years, the second battery is still going strong. Vento is a battery hogger, thanks to a lot of sensors. I went ahead with the OEM battery, EXIDE

- No clutch replacement done, no major replacement done on demand apart from the regular replacements at the defined service intervals

- The shadowfax (that's the name of my white horse) still has the original engine punch, on a highway it still gives Verna a run for their money! (No offence to Verna owners here)

- The OEM headlamps are a disaster, changed to 90/100 PHILIPS right at 3K KM

Please let me know if you have any specific questions, I will try and do a detailed ownership review with photographs on the weekend
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 15:52   #7658
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! thats a lot of damages your car has suffred on the Mumbai roads

Actually the road that is responsible for the suspension work is the mum hyd highway. But apart from these things vento is a pretty reliable car and is fun to drive as well as fuel efficient. The only negative part of vw cars is the vw a.s.s. and the cost of spares.
Old 8th April 2015, 15:57   #7659
BHPian

Quote:
Actually the road that is responsible for the suspension work is the mum hyd highway. But apart from these things vento is a pretty reliable car and is fun to drive as well as fuel efficient. The only negative part of vw cars is the vw a.s.s. and the cost of spares.
I never found the A.S.S a big trouble with the Vento. I had a swift earlier, once your Maruti vehicle crosses 3 years thats when the service guys start drilling a hole in your wallet. That way I found the VW sales pretty straight forward and honest
Old 8th April 2015, 16:02   #7660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- The battery conked off in 2 years, the second battery is still going strong. Vento is a battery hogger, thanks to a lot of sensors. I went ahead with the OEM battery, EXIDE
- No clutch replacement done, no major replacement done on demand apart from the regular replacements at the defined service intervals
Your OEM battery was EXIDE Mine is later model than yours: Jun-11 Vento and I got VARTA as OEM and that is still running strong.
Good to know that you are still running on the stock clutch
would like to know, where do you get your car serviced regularly?
Old 9th April 2015, 12:02   #7661
BHPian

Good to see you guys back.

Mine is 2011 bought, 85.3 km, Still running with first battery.
Regular maintenance stuff only, I don't see any problem in A.S.S.
Old 9th April 2015, 18:20   #7662
BHPian

Guys, I have a 2011 Vento Diesel, bought towards the year end, Oct/Nov I believe. It did around 80K so far and I just got back to India, mostly family used car till now. Just the regular maintenance up to date.

Now, I want to mod the car with remap and add some performance parts, mostly city travelled from now on other than the Vijayawada to Hyderabad trips, once or twice a month which is around 280kms one way on a well laid out highway.

The brake pads are gone, I can feel the huge sounds when traveling at high speeds and I put the car aside for now, getting ready to make some changes. Tires were last changed at 40K I believe. It has got Yoks right now.

I'm about to get Brembo pads, still debating on the slotted rotors and may be squeeze in a little more at this point. The tires are soon to be changed too but seems to run fine at this point. When I do, I want to change the profile from 195/60/15 to 205/55/15.

Remap, I'm still working on it with few contacts so I think I got that covered.

Eventually I want to change the exhaust, suspension. I do like rims, so I might get a nice wheels later on but at this point I'm just looking at performance upgrades.

Any tips and suggestions?
Old 9th April 2015, 19:41   #7663
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Guys, I have a 2011 Vento Diesel, bought towards the year end, Oct/Nov I believe. It did around 80K so far

Now, I want to mod the car with remap and add some performance parts, mostly city travelled from now on other than the Vijayawada to Hyderabad trips, once or twice a month which is around 280kms one way on a well laid out highway.

The brake pads are gone, I can feel the huge sounds when traveling at high speeds
For remap: you have many threads running where you can get contacts to get the job done.

Check Brembo website for data on brake pads.

The huge sound at high does do indicate busted wheel bearings. Get these changed too.
Old 10th April 2015, 01:26   #7664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
For remap: you have many threads running where you can get contacts to get the job done.

Check Brembo website for data on brake pads.

The huge sound at high does do indicate busted wheel bearings. Get these changed too.
Remap, I'm already looking into my options. Will check on the brakes pads.

As for the sound, I will get that checked out when changing my pads. Should be sometime next week.
Old 12th April 2015, 22:48   #7665
BHPian

Hi,

We are planing to buy Vento 1.5 TDI in and would like your help regarding following questions

1. Has someone got a decent discount offer in Bangalore (on CL/HL).
2. Is discount offered on ex-showroom or on-road price.
3. Would it be worth to spend more and buy Highline rather than save some money on comfortline.
4. What profile tyres can we safely upgrade on existing rim/alloy.

Since we are not in hurry would it be worth to wait till Diwali or year end and expect more discount.

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks