Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 20:10   #7711
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I see! Where did you get in changed from? Service station or a neighbourhood store? Also, how much?
I actually got it from a neighbourhood store. Got the Amaron one. I think I payed around 4-4.5K for it.

One strange thing is even with the new Battery, this winters, the first crank of the day would take percievably longer. Not sure why and as the temperatures have started rising, the problem is gone now.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 07:37   #7712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Nope no hardware changes other than changing the left stalk with the required wiring harness. The wire goes to the ECU as well so it has to be led through the empty rubber grommet on the co-driver side which is the mirror of the driver side, through which the bowden cable for the hood release goes. Glad to hear the pre-facelift Vento does come with the highline BCM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I see this as an option in the vagtune site.( ~rs 7000)
More expensive than sourcing from ali express. But I assume worth it, since they will help with install also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I'm also keen to get this fitted on my TSI, but struck in a dilemma between Vagtune and Aliexpress. Let's work on this together and find a way out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Since Gannu has confirmed that my CL has HL BCM, I would also like to join the group planning to go for the Cruise Control stalk and I'm just 30mins drive from Vagtune Cochin. My worry is that whether it would void the warranty .
Why not get just get the stalk from Skoda? Should be the same part, and much cheaper than these other options. And maybe get it installed from them too.

Has someone tried? Is there an issue in procuring? If that's the case, I can help - a very good friend's sister is married to one of the larger Skoda dealers in NCR, so should not be an issue in procuring the part. I can get it for others in the group too, if required.

Last edited by bosporus : 30th April 2015 at 07:39.
Old 30th April 2015, 18:54   #7713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Why not get just get the stalk from Skoda? Should be the same part, and much cheaper than these other options. And maybe get it installed from them too.

Has someone tried? Is there an issue in procuring? If that's the case, I can help - a very good friend's sister is married to one of the larger Skoda dealers in NCR, so should not be an issue in procuring the part. I can get it for others in the group too, if required.
Thanks for the input. But will Skoda do over the counter sales? Even via known contacts I assume they will have a restriction to externally sell parts.

More than the part itself, the installation is the concern. I don't think a Skoda dealer will do an official installation on a VW car. Of a VW dealer agrees to do it, it would be perfect ( but that is a very remote possibility). I assume vagtune will handle the install part also. But then the warranty concerns come in.
Old 30th April 2015, 19:25   #7714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thanks for the input. But will Skoda do over the counter sales? Even via known contacts I assume they will have a restriction to externally sell parts.

More than the part itself, the- installation is the concern. I don't think a Skoda dealer will do an official installation on a VW car. Of a VW dealer agrees to do it, it would be perfect ( but that is a very remote possibility). I assume vagtune will handle the install part also. But then the warranty concerns come in.
I'm pretty sure procuring the part won't be a problem, even if you don't know someone - after all, the dealership still makes money on the parts. Installation is a different ballgame, though - more than agreeing to do it, am not totally sure this would be within the capability of most official workshops. And again, if you have a friendly service manager, won't be too difficult to make them agree to do it. But ideally, you want someone who's done it before or is conversant with VAG cars, for example, Autopsyche in Gurgaon - I'm guessing here, basis reputation; not sure if they actually have.

The Vagtune charges seem to be on the higher side, for me, and since this is a part that's anyways available, I'd rather procure it and just use someone knowledgeable to get it installed - should work out cheaper, overall.
Old 30th April 2015, 19:47   #7715
Team-BHP Support

D-BHPian Sankar has plans to install cruise control on his GT TDI which has a highline BCM. If he can do it and put down the procedure here, I am sure it is going to be a weekend work for most. As much as I love to do it on my own car, the BCM is a midline one and doesn't support cruise control so I can't attempt it. There's not much of labour work as far as this installation goes.
Old 30th April 2015, 20:07   #7716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
As much as I love to do it on my own car, the BCM is a midline one and doesn't support cruise control so I can't attempt it. There's not much of labour work as far as this installation goes.
I was wondering why you have not attempted it yet . Missed the point that you have a midline BCM.

Just saw the thread from Sankar come up. Let me post a question on his plans.
Old 30th April 2015, 22:44   #7717
BHPian

Hello
I am planning to buy a diesel Vento MT. I read somewhere that a new model is on its way, but have not been able to find a related thread. Can someone please steer me to the latest in that space.
Old 30th April 2015, 23:02   #7718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
Hello
I am planning to buy a diesel Vento MT. I read somewhere that a new model is on its way, but have not been able to find a related thread. Can someone please steer me to the latest in that space.
Here you go:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ed-russia.html
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 20:17   #7719
BHPian

Hello there guys,

I'm running a 2013 Vento Highline , odo currently at 19000 kms. Running kilometers had been low for the past few months. Since a few days, the car had been quite lethargic to start and today evening it failed to start completely. I have fitted a Racedynamics tuning box and a OBDII scanner. Will any of these cause such a significant depletion of battery so as to cause the problem I'm facing now? I tried reading the battery voltage with the OBD scanner, which initially showed 11.5 V but dropped to 6.7 V after cranking. Usually the value lies at 13.8 V.

Gonna try recharging the battery at a local shop tomorrow morning.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 1st May 2015 at 20:20.
Old 1st May 2015, 20:26   #7720
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
I have fitted a Racedynamics tuning box and a OBDII scanner. Will any of these cause such a significant depletion of battery so as to cause the problem I'm facing now? I tried reading the battery voltage with the OBD scanner, which initially showed 11.5 V but dropped to 6.7 V after cranking. Usually the value lies at 13.8 V.
How low is the usage actually? I guess your battery is dying.

On ignition - 12V
On engine cranking - 10V minimum.

6.7V is almost dead battery.

Get it recharged and see if the voltage drops to such low levels. If it does them get a new battery.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 20:31   #7721
BHPian

Quote:
Hello there guys,

I'm running a 2013 Vento Highline , odo currently at 19000 kms. Running kilometers had been low for the past few months. Since a few days, the car had been quite lethargic to start and today evening it failed to start completely. I have fitted a Racedynamics tuning box and a OBDII scanner. Will any of these cause such a significant depletion of battery so as to cause the problem I'm facing now? I tried reading the battery voltage with the OBD scanner, which initially showed 11.5 V but dropped to 6.7 V after cranking. Usually the value lies at 13.8 V.

Gonna try recharging the battery at a local shop tomorrow morning.
The OBD scanner may eat battery even when the ignition is off. Try to disconnect it when you leave the car overnight/ for extended periods.

Alternatively, there are scanners with on/off switches, you may want to look for those.

The tuning boxes come online only when you crank the engine up, they do not contribute to battery wear and tear.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 20:36   #7722
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post

The OBD scanner may eat battery even when the ignition is off. Try to disconnect it when you leave the car overnight/ for extended periods.
I agree with you but slightly have to differ here as I too have an OBD 2 reader on my Swift plugged into its port from Day 2. It's been 1.4 years and no draining in battery.

It all boils down to the usage of the car. If it downs more time in parking lot rather than on the road then it is wise to remove the OBD.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 20:44   #7723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How low is the usage actually? I guess your battery is dying.

On ignition - 12V
On engine cranking - 10V minimum.

6.7V is almost dead battery.

Get it recharged and see if the voltage drops to such low levels. If it does then get a new battery.
When I checked the Voltage the last time the car was running, it showed 13.8 V

About 3 months back, the usage was almost 1000 kms per month. For the past 3 months the car has run only 1000 kms. Hoping to get it recharged tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post

The tuning boxes come online only when you crank the engine up, they do not contribute to battery wear and tear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

It all boils down to the usage of the car. If it downs more time in parking lot rather than on the road then it is wise to remove the OBD.
I was also thinking the same. Really suspicious of the scanner than the tuning box. But I never figured something that small could drain the battery this much. Hadn't even been a year since I plugged it in. Might as well leave it unplugged now.
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:44   #7724
BANNED

Quote:
When I checked the Voltage the last time the car was running, it showed 13.8 V
This is the data I get from my OBD on the Swift.

Ignition :12.1V
Cranking : 10V
Engine idling : 14.1V to 14.3V

Quote:
Hoping to get it recharged tomorrow.
Please go get it charged and AFAIK, it'll take a day to get fully charged correctly.

Quote:
Might as well leave it unplugged now.
Incase your not going to be using the car much hereon, get the OBD 2 reader removed from the port so that it prevents further issues.

Post removal of the reader and she recharging the battery, observe if you experience this problem if battery again. If yes then the problem lies elsewhere if not it was the OBD reader that was drinking the battery juice.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd May 2015 at 09:46.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:59   #7725
Senior - BHPian

I still haven't learnt to cure that infamous jerk that you get post gear shifts. Has anyone cracked how to alter your driving style to reduce these unwanted jerks? It's one of those things that you don't really bother, but then you do when you do.

I read somewhere a remap would cure it. But i'll keep that as a last option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks