Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 11:47   #8296
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi, I got the delivery of my Vento TSI on Monday. Can't tell you guys, how happy I am to drive it. Got stock Alnacs replaced with Michelin. Everything is fine except for this one little issue that I am facing.
I see with just a couple of days drive I have developed pain in my right thigh. This wasn't an issue with the Manual Transmission Tata Indigo that I used to drive earlier. Am I missing anything here, what is the right way to overcome this pain? Are there others with the same issue? Any help would be appreciated.
Many congratulations Meetzap wish you happy motoring.
I will be getting mine on 16th March.

Regarding your right leg issue, IMO it is more of an ergonomic issue. Please try to rearrange the way you sit and make sure you get ample under thigh support. May be the pain will go in a few days as your leg gets used to the new ergonomics as compared to your old car which you have been driving all these years.
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 12:12   #8297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
From my experience with auto transmissions many years ago, that is how it is many others. It is designed so as a safety measure to avoid one mistakenly / inadvertently pressing both the accelerator and the brake at the same time. I could be wrong here. A quick search and looks it has been discussed in Team-BHP already for the exact same problem, albeit for another car. Here it is : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-leg-pain.html. Hope this helps.
Thanks Electric. I did go through the other thread. I also asked my Sales Adviser to confirm from the Service Adviser if some kind of adjustment can be done to the break pedal to bring it at the same level as the accelerator. Will work on my sitting posture and see if that helps.
Old 11th March 2016, 12:14   #8298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Many congratulations Meetzap wish you happy motoring.
I will be getting mine on 16th March.

Regarding your right leg issue, IMO it is more of an ergonomic issue. Please try to rearrange the way you sit and make sure you get ample under thigh support. May be the pain will go in a few days as your leg gets used to the new ergonomics as compared to your old car which you have been driving all these years.
Thanks Ajnagpur. All the best for your car delivery. Will work on my sitting posture and see if that helps.
meetzap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 17:22   #8299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
there are others too

Got diagnosed with the steering rack problem today. SA wanted the vehicle in the workshop for assessment. Since I have a long trip already planned, I said I will give it on my return. He said it is ok to drive the vehicle with the sound. I repeatedly asked him if it is safe, he said there won't be any issue.

Mine is a 2013 Vento petrol which has done just 13100 km till now. I am on extended warranty. My SA said it SHOULD be covered under extended warranty. But if the issue has occurred due to rust, then he said it may not come under warranty. If not under warranty, it will cost around Rs 12,000.

Confronted the service chief on the issue. He said they will have to dismantle it and see how to go about it.

Guess there is no immediate problems in going on a long trip. Fingers crossed.
Hi Sreepathy,

I had a very similar issue even though it started as a worn suspension bush.

The steering rack was replaced under warranty. You may need to be a bit persuasive to get the job done.
i have provided more details on the link below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3930313

Regards
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 19:54   #8300
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a snap of stuff covered under extended warranty that I took from the Service Center today. Was displayed in the Customer Lounge.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20160312_1007482.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 08:16   #8301

Hello Gentlemen.
I got my clutch replaced by Mahindra first choice. Both VW and First choice quoted 45k for the clutch assembly. Total damage in the end was 37k which included the clutch plate, release bearing and flywheel. The car was cleaned and polished inside and out. VW wouldn't have even bothered to touch the car with a dust cloth.
I've done about 80200 kms till now and with the new clutch, it now runs like new.

Till yesterday evening. When I stopped for a refill, the fuel flap refused to open. It had to be pried open in the end. Any solutions for the flap?

This car is now starting to behave a little like a temperamental girlfriend. One who is goodlooking but quite moody at that.
RaghuSuresh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 20:31   #8302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
Hello Gentlemen.
I got my clutch replaced by Mahindra first choice. Both VW and First choice quoted 45k for the clutch assembly. Total damage in the end was 37k which included the clutch plate, release bearing and flywheel. The car was cleaned and polished inside and out. VW wouldn't have even bothered to touch the car with a dust cloth.
I've done about 80200 kms till now and with the new clutch, it now runs like new.

Till yesterday evening. When I stopped for a refill, the fuel flap refused to open. It had to be pried open in the end. Any solutions for the flap?

This car is now starting to behave a little like a temperamental girlfriend. One who is goodlooking but quite moody at that.
Do you have any reason to get this done only at Mahindra first choice if VW is also quoting the same and will use genuine spares.
Old 21st March 2016, 04:43   #8303

Yes, I could get the service done only on Sunday and VW at Noida does not open then. Besides, VW would have tried and inflated the bill as much as possible like they have always done.
Old 24th March 2016, 21:09   #8304
BHPian

Looking at the user experience responses about the maintenance of Vento, I am starting to get a little worried, as I have just taken delivery of My Vento 2 weeks back. I have opted for 2 years extended warranty but I am not sure whether the kind of maintenance that the car requires, everything is going to be covered. Can any 2,3 year old Vento users, confirm the average Maintenance charges during the initial 2,3 years of ownership?
Old 25th March 2016, 21:44   #8305
BHPian

Hi, I own an 2014 Vento 1.6 MPI.
The car has done 8500kms till date.
Most of the trips involve puttering around in city for visting relatives , getting groceries and occasional (weekend trips not more than 400kms (round trip)
The car has been well maintained and sedately driven by me and my dad.
I am facing an issue with the HVAC of the car.
When switched on & running on fan mode it gives a pungent smell.
To describe the smell it like cloth that get wet and dont dry out properly and then again get wet giving off a peculiar smell.
When the AC is switched on the smell eventually goes away but by then occupants in car are either coughing / sneezing.
Service centre 'Automark' in Jogeshwari addressed the problem temporarily but it has returned.

I dont drive the car too much as i prefer my bike & dad not being technically inclined has given the issue a miss thinking its normal behaviour.

Any pointers on what I should be doing or what I should not be doing?
iron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 23:24   #8306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi, I got the delivery of my Vento TSI on Monday. Can't tell you guys, how happy I am to drive it. Got stock Alnacs replaced with Michelin. Everything is fine except for this one little issue that I am facing.
I see that the brake pedal is placed a little higher than the accelerator pedal. While Accelerating, I keep my heal on the car mat and my toe on the accelerator but I am not able to shift my toe from accelerator, to brake without lifting the heal from the floor mat. I see with just a couple of days drive I have developed pain in my right thigh. This wasn't an issue with the Manual Transmission Tata Indigo that I used to drive earlier. Am I missing anything here, what is the right way to overcome this pain? Are there others with the same issue? Any help would be appreciated.
Congrats, Meetzap, I think you need to push the seat back a little and the problem may be solved.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 25th March 2016 at 23:41.
Old 26th March 2016, 07:22   #8307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Hi, I own an 2014 Vento 1.6 MPI.
The car has done 8500kms till date.
Most of the trips involve puttering around in city for visting relatives , getting groceries and occasional (weekend trips not more than 400kms (round trip)
The car has been well maintained and sedately driven by me and my dad.
I am facing an issue with the HVAC of the car.
When switched on & running on fan mode it gives a pungent smell.
To describe the smell it like cloth that get wet and dont dry out properly and then again get wet giving off a peculiar smell.
When the AC is switched on the smell eventually goes away but by then occupants in car are either coughing / sneezing.
Service centre 'Automark' in Jogeshwari addressed the problem temporarily but it has returned.

I dont drive the car too much as i prefer my bike & dad not being technically inclined has given the issue a miss thinking its normal behaviour.

Any pointers on what I should be doing or what I should not be doing?
I own a 2014 TDI and i too face exactly the same problem. I read somewhere in this thread where another guy faced the same issue and got rectified after changing the evaporator coil
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 08:15   #8308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats, Meetzap, I think you need to push the seat back a little and the problem may be solved.
Thanks Durango. I have pushed the seat back to a fairly comfortable position, however I think its the height of the brake pedal that is causing this discomfort. I am trying to get used to this. Lets see how it goes.
Old 26th March 2016, 12:31   #8309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I own a 2014 TDI .................................................. ........and got rectified after changing the evaporator coil
How did you get yours corrected? Did you change the evaporator coil? If yes which A.S.S.?
Old 26th March 2016, 14:47   #8310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
How did you get yours corrected? Did you change the evaporator coil? If yes which A.S.S.?
No i still have the problem. i am living with it as i am not sure what the ASS would do. I don't want them opening up the dash and doing R&D and creating more problems that fixing. I am trying to narrow down the problem and then approach them

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks