Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 21:32   #8206
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I hit 90K on my November 2011 Vento couple of weeks ago and gave the car for service last week. Here is the list of things they've mentioned.
  • Filters need to be changed
  • Brake pads are worn out, need replacement and possible discs as well
  • Suspension seems wonky and might need to be looked at
  • Timing belt needs to be replaced, they usually do it between 90k-100k
  • Clutch is acting up and needs to be changed, this I can tell needs replacement, clutch itself has gotten really hard lately and it is becoming hard to shift as well
I just did the basic service and asked them to put all the upgrades on hold as I was looking to change the braking and suspension to Brembo and TRW for a while anyway rather than going stock. I was even looking at what could be done to the clutch besides stock.

It is my mom's car but then again she has been using Honda lately and I've been getting more action on this as of late, that 1.6TDI and its torque give me a fat grin on my face all the time.

I'm trying to analyze what all needs to be replaced for the brakes, was going to go with Brembo discs and pads, want to change the calipers to a 4 piston if possible.

As for the suspension, I was looking at TRW dampers, I've read that the height of the car is still like stock but they do much better job damping than the stock suspension. Anything else that I need to look at in this context?

Any feedback would be appreciated guys

EDIT: Any idea if the brake pads are TYPE 1 or TYPE 2 for Nov 2011 Vento?
If its the clutch and a VW then dont forget to check this thread here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3907913

I've posed a query and an awaiting a response from a guru - hoping someone advises soon.
Old 8th February 2016, 22:29   #8207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
This time they are saying that the Valve door and the fuel return pipe had gone kaput. They are quoting 18K for the Valve door and 8K for the return pipe. Though the valve door is covered under warranty, the return pipe is not. I am not sure whether I am being ripped off or this is indeed a problem. Can you guys help me with your experience or any info on this?
Quote:
Thanks, Premc44. Now, the reason is out. They say that the return hose will go kaput once removed as it is a fragile rubber part though they take every precaution to ensure its safety. Hence proactively they charge the customer. I just told take every precaution to not break. He says he can't guarantee that. :-(
Quote:
@Turbohead, they have already identified the source of leak. They have to replace the valve door. To do that they have to remove the return hose and fit it as before once valve door is fixed
Got the car back after the valve door was replaced under warranty. The service personnel were kind enough not to break the return hose and now the leak had stopped. Total 18K paid as I had the broken tail lamp and worn out brake pads replaced, which cost around 6K.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:17   #8208
BHPian

Quote:
Got the car back after the valve door was replaced under warranty. The service personnel were kind enough not to break the return hose and now the leak had stopped. Total 18K paid as I had the broken tail lamp and worn out brake pads replaced, which cost around 6K.
Good to hear that its finally resolved and all covered under warranty.
Did they give an explanation why Valve door gave up?

It looks like the VW engines are too fragile for our conditions, my EGR failed at 35k and one of my friends injectors gave up prematurely.
Old 10th February 2016, 08:40   #8209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
I may be wrong but I think your clutch plate is slipping. If so change the clutch plate ASAP before things become worse.
Yes, I was told the same by my uncle yesterday. I will be getting it fixed in three days time. I have no idea how much it will cost though[
Old 10th February 2016, 16:52   #8210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P242 View Post
Good to hear that its finally resolved and all covered under warranty.
Did they give an explanation why Valve door gave up?

It looks like the VW engines are too fragile for our conditions, my EGR failed at 35k and one of my friends injectors gave up prematurely.
They haven't. Also, the final bill did not include this component at all. I was of a notion that, it would listed but the price may get discounted. Attached the bill here for reference. This is my 3rd service.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20160210-16.25.28.jpg  

Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 21:15   #8211
BHPian

Quote:
They haven't. Also, the final bill did not include this component at all. I was of a notion that, it would listed but the price may get discounted. Attached the bill here for reference. This is my 3rd service.
Thanks for the update.

The same thing happened with me, I am also waiting for the EGR replacement bill. The service adviser told that it takes some time to complete the formalities. I don't know why they are keeping this so hush hush. I all call tomorrow again to get a digital copy of the bill.

Can other members shed some light on this who have got parts replaced under warranty?
Old 11th February 2016, 08:46   #8212
BHPian

Quote:
Can other members shed some light on this who have got parts replaced under warranty?
I have got two such warranty replacements - the first one being replacement for the HL cluster fogging, the invoice was received the same day. But the second one was quite big and had Thermostat + related components replaced, which took time for VW to approve. The invoice for the same was also not ready when I got the vehicle delivery, but the SA promptly gave the same to me a month later when I was there for the annual service.
Electric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 19:10   #8213

Quote:
Its normal sometimes my Vento's fan runs after only 30 minutes of ride and sometimes doesn't run at all after 200 km of spirited driving. You can also feel the heat by touching the bonnet. If the car overheats it gives an indication in the instrument console. Just to be sure have a look at coolant level.

PS: A simple temperature gauge is sorely missed.
Is the temperature gauge available in the newer versions or still none? I am about to finalize on the 2016 TSi DSG, should I be worried?
Old 12th February 2016, 00:17   #8214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainstormer View Post
Is the temperature gauge available in the newer versions or still none? I am about to finalize on the 2016 TSi DSG, should I be worried?
Yes it has a temperature readout in the MID now and if I remember correctly its coolant temperature readout as the new one have a sensor connected to the reservoir.

Also make sure to go for the updated Vento which was showcased at the Auto Expo recently. It has got some really nice additional goodies like proper LED headlamps instead of simple halogens, rain sensing wipers, color touch screen infotainment and auto dimming mirrors.
Old 12th February 2016, 07:55   #8215
BHPian

Quote:
.......It has got some really nice additional goodies like proper LED headlamps instead of simple halogens, rain sensing wipers, color touch screen infotainment and auto dimming mirrors.
But isnt the LED headlamps scheduled for Q2 timeframe? The other additions are available I think but not the lights. That's what my understanding is. Please correct if I am wrong.

Regards
DV
Old 12th February 2016, 09:03   #8216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
as the new one have a sensor connected to the reservoir.
That's the coolant level sensor which the earlier models didn't have. The temperature sensor has always been there from the start. Just that the cluster did not have a gauge - it only had the high coolant temperature warning symbol.

The newer clusters now display the coolant temperature in the MID.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 13:24   #8217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That's the coolant level sensor which the earlier models didn't have. The temperature sensor has always been there from the start. Just that the cluster did not have a gauge - it only had the high coolant temperature warning symbol.

The newer clusters now display the coolant temperature in the MID.
Thanks P242 and Gannu! So there is nothing to worry about right? Except the DSG stutter, which I am prepared to risk out.
[OT]@Gannu: You know me as Sarang [/OT]
brainstormer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 15:06   #8218
BHPian

Lately i have been having pain in my left leg while driving Vento TDI.
Clutch seems very hard.

My car has completed 49K Kms and 80% of it is in delhi traffic so might be clutch has gone bad. There is no slippage in clutch as of now its just very hard.

Should i go ahead with Clutch Overhaul?
1. If yes than can it be done outside or i should get it done from VW itself.
2. Does whole clutch assembly needs to be changed? including flywheel etc?

Btw car is 5 year old now and i plan to keep it for at least 3-4 years more. I am fine with heavy service cost since even if i sell it now i cannot get a car of this good build quality and 1.6 TDI engine and Airbags + ABS within 10L and in that i have to spent 4-5L extra. Besides i have kept it very good so it still shine like new car. People generally confuses and tell that its only 2-2.5 year old.

Last edited by karansm4u : 12th February 2016 at 15:17.
Old 13th February 2016, 15:09   #8219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
But isnt the LED headlamps scheduled for Q2 timeframe?
Not sure about this but I thing they will be available shortly. I will call my dealer tomorrow to confirm and update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That's the coolant level sensor which the earlier models didn't have.
Thanks for clearing this. I forgot the old cars still have give a warning of high engine temperature so the sensor would have been always their.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainstormer View Post
Thanks P242 and Gannu! So there is nothing to worry about right? Except the DSG stutter, which I am prepared to risk out.[/OT]
Just go for the car, you will enjoy it every bit and most of the issues in DQ200 have been ironed out but I would highly recommend buying extended warranty which can be a live saver as VW spares are really expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Clutch seems very hard.
Should i go ahead with Clutch Overhaul?
1. If yes than can it be done outside or i should get it done from VW itself.
2. Does whole clutch assembly needs to be changed? including flywheel etc?
I know people who are driving Vento in city conditions and have done more than 100k and their clutch is still holding fine. I would highly recommend getting it checked from a good VW service station first before going for a overhaul or replacement as it can be something small like issue in clutch hose pipe which earlier Vento's had.
P242 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 19:41   #8220
BHPian

Quote:
can be something small like issue in clutch hose pipe which earlier Vento's had.
Any idea how much new clutch hose pipe is going to cost? I am searching google to understand what clutch hose pipe is

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks