Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 17:52   #8326
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Give a try at VW Mount Road, which is located on Whites road. I got all my services in the past 4 years done with them and though the experience is not that great to talk about, but it was definitely consistent. My regular service bills never crossed 10K, owing to the fact that i get my wheel maintenance done outside.
My car had been mostly trouble free for 4 years except for the fast wearing brake pads and discs. They were replaced thrice in the 4 years and 65K run, for which they blamed the driving style, which is not true since I largely avoid hard braking and use engine braking wherever possible to slow down.
Thanks Makin Rulesz. That's the only one left out. However now I have got a friend who joined Volkswagen Madras (Kun) at Alandur as an SA. So probably that should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yesterday got my Vento TDi 5th service done at VW Navi Mumbai Autobahn Automotive. I must say, it was one of the best experience at VW Workshop. Service level have increased tremendously over past 5 years since 2011 I purchased car back then.

Note: Loads of pic and content. I hope you have fast internet connection.

To read more. Link.
Read the full post. Really amazing. Don't know when all VW A.S.S. will become like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamHuduga View Post
Was surprised to see my Vento clock 48.2km/l average over a 20km stretch. Downhill from yercaud to Salem.
Great fuel economy. Hope you have been coasting most of the route downhill. When I was coasting almost 80% from Ooty to Mettupalayam, I was able to see my economy go up to 36 KMPL. However in my Yercaud trip I took the back route thru Kuppanur, which was narrow and winding due to which can't do much coasting. Will try Yercaud to Salem route next time.
Old 8th April 2016, 01:41   #8327
BHPian

So.. Quick update. So after having had my fuel delivery system changed in under a year and under 13000 km, i went in for my first service at 14000. After i had received my car after the fuel delivery system change there was a rattling from the instrument cluster. I asked them to get that fixed.

I get a call from the dealership telling me that the issue is resolved but a new problem has come to light. Apparently VWs are the worst built cars in the world because my steering rack is making weird noises and needs to be replaced. WITHIN A YEAR. In a car that sees only city road. No outstation trips (Have the Endeavour and the BMW for that), No bad roads (again, Endeavour is on that detail) and a fixed route that goes through nothing but smooth roads. I can't even begin to comprehend this shit!

Frustrated as i am, i tell them to just finish the damn job and give me my car back. When the vehicle was ready i went in and talked to their customer service head. You will not believe what this guy told me.

"Sir this is a common problem on polos and ventos. We are replacing about 1 steering rack per week." PER WEEK. Either VW has started taking tips from Lada on how to make their cars or they've just gone mad!

He tells me, "Sir the car has a german engine. It's very sensitive to fuel quality. And it happens to a lot of cars. Aap ka sirf thoda jaldi ho gaya problem. Normally 80-90,000 mean aata hai problem."

At this point, i'm just completely lost. A little early?! Try 1/10th of the mileage.

And when i pointed out that my BMW also has a german engine and was filled at the same pump not a few days later, he responds, "We never have this problem with the Jetta or Passat. It's just polos and Ventos."

This is unbelievable! I have completely lost faith in the brand. I intend to sell this off as soon as a non-VAG automatic diesel comes out or i have enough money to jump out of the segment.

I am yet to see such horrible service or such a horrible product. I've owned hyundais, VWs, Fords and now a BMW. NEVER have i experienced such poor quality.

I mean, after all, how can i expect a company to be able to solve such large messes, if they can't figure out why a brake light keeps going out in a new car.
Old 11th April 2016, 17:47   #8328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
Hello Gentlemen.
I got my clutch replaced by Mahindra first choice. Both VW and First choice quoted 45k for the clutch assembly. Total damage in the end was 37k which included the clutch plate, release bearing and flywheel. The car was cleaned and polished inside and out. VW wouldn't have even bothered to touch the car with a dust cloth.
I've done about 80200 kms till now and with the new clutch, it now runs like new.

Till yesterday evening. When I stopped for a refill, the fuel flap refused to open. It had to be pried open in the end. Any solutions for the flap?

This car is now starting to behave a little like a temperamental girlfriend. One who is goodlooking but quite moody at that.

Hi,

Gave my vehicle 5 days back for some guzz sound reversing up the ramp while releasing the clutch and finally the SA called and informed me that this is due to the clutch issue and they have replaced the clutch & flywheel. Asked him to get this covered under warranty as my vehicle has clocked only 37500 kms but got denied.
Got a bill of 45K for clutch and 3500 for labour.
Never heard clutch giving up at 37K and also there was no performance issue in my car when I gave them to check it.
Please help me understand if this should be covered under warranty or suggest me any alternative.
Old 11th April 2016, 19:01   #8329
BHPian

Forgive my noob question about the issue but is it possible that if we suspect foul play, (like in the above scenario I would have immediately suspected that these thieves didn't change the clutch plate at all) that we could go up to the police and make a 420 complaint and ask them to open up the thing in front of the cops and show the new replaced parts?
Would sure have them red in the face. Looters.

And if indeed the clutch plate wore out in 37000 kms, then all motorists should hold a candle light march protesting against VW and banning the robbers. And yeah, all the major news channels giving full coverage. That's how it's done these days in our pure desi way, right?

Last edited by pixantz : 11th April 2016 at 19:08.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 19:58   #8330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
And if indeed the clutch plate wore out in 37000 kms, then all motorists should hold a candle light march protesting against VW and banning the robbers. And yeah, all the major news channels giving full coverage. That's how it's done these days in our pure desi way, right?
Clutch wear out depends a lot on your driving style. if you drive the vehicle with your foot rested on the clutch pedal even while cruising then your clutch is bound to wear out a lot lot faster. Also it depends on what traffic conditions you drive the vehicle. If the car is driven always in traffic with constant 1st to 3rd gear shifts, the clutch will wear out.

So lets be sure that the driver in this particular instance was not driving with his foot on the clutch pedal or the car is not driven always in traffic before getting to conclusions.

I have friends using Vento/ Rapids with ODO well past 70K and not needing to replace the clutch.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 20:33   #8331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Gave my vehicle 5 days back for some guzz sound reversing up the ramp while releasing the clutch and finally the SA called and informed me that this is due to the clutch issue and they have replaced the clutch & flywheel. Asked him to get this covered under warranty as my vehicle has clocked only 37500 kms but got denied.
Got a bill of 45K for clutch and 3500 for labour.
Never heard clutch giving up at 37K and also there was no performance issue in my car when I gave them to check it.
Please help me understand if this should be covered under warranty or suggest me any alternative.
Well I do not have much experience in clutch as I never faced any clutch replacement in my cars.

Coming to your query. First of all, did the SA ask your permission to replace the clutch after inspection? Or did he out of his own judgement went ahead with replacement?

If its the later, then you can ask the SA why did he do so without getting formal approval from you. If its former, then you should have inspected the clutch & car before giving a go ahead.

Clutch is a wear & tear part. Well on average, clutch are normally replaced at 80000 Kms and even higher kms depending on usage and driver.

I would suggest you to write a strong worded mail to customer.care@volkswagen.co.in and file an online complaint at following link.

I do suspect foul play since clutch don't give away so soon. Until then don't take delivery of car and abstain from paying the required amount.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 23:29   #8332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post

So lets be sure that the driver in this particular instance was not driving with his foot on the clutch pedal or the car is not driven always in traffic before getting to conclusions.
Of course. That's a point I was going to but missed to add in the process. Thanks for supplementing, fellow bhpian brother.
Old 12th April 2016, 01:03   #8333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Clutch wear out depends a lot on your driving style. if you drive the vehicle with your foot rested on the clutch pedal even while cruising then your clutch is bound to wear out a lot lot faster. Also it depends on what traffic conditions you drive the vehicle. If the car is driven always in traffic with constant 1st to 3rd gear shifts, the clutch will wear out.

I have friends using Vento/ Rapids with ODO well past 70K and not needing to replace the clutch.
Hi,

I am the only one in my family who use this car and driven the entire 37000 kms clocked. I can assure that I have never ever used the clutch other than gear shifting and always rested my foot on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Well I do not have much experience in clutch as I never faced any clutch replacement in my cars.

Coming to your query. First of all, did the SA ask your permission to replace the clutch after inspection? Or did he out of his own judgement went ahead with replacement?

If its the later, then you can ask the SA why did he do so without getting formal approval from you. If its former, then you should have inspected the clutch & car before giving a go ahead.

Clutch is a wear & tear part. Well on average, clutch are normally replaced at 80000 Kms and even higher kms depending on usage and driver.

I would suggest you to write a strong worded mail to customer.care@volkswagen.co.in and file an online complaint at following link.

I do suspect foul play since clutch don't give away so soon. Until then don't take delivery of car and abstain from paying the required amount.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, the SA never called me and took approval before replacing the entire clutch assembly. He only called me once it is replaced and quoted the amount for which I was surprised.
I wonder how can the SA go ahead and replace something worth 45K without the owners approval.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ (Multi-quote) functions within 30 minutes of posting, instead of posting consecutively. Read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th April 2016 at 01:53.
Old 12th April 2016, 15:53   #8334
BHPian

Hi,
A small stone from a truck's wheel hit my windscreen and it got cracked Will be replacing it under warranty. But the worst part is the 3M sunfilm on the windscreen. Checked with 3M and they quote close to 8K. Any other alternatives(other brands?)
Old 12th April 2016, 16:26   #8335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi,
A small stone from a truck's wheel hit my windscreen and it got cracked Will be replacing it under warranty. But the worst part is the 3M sunfilm on the windscreen. Checked with 3M and they quote close to 8K. Any other alternatives(other brands?)
I'm sorry, you can only claim warranty if it's a manufacturing defect. External factors are not covered under warranty. You can claim insurance though.
We went through the same thing two weeks back and we had given it for replacement yesterday. Will receive the car tomorrow.
And yes, we also wasted our 3M CR70. Will wait for a month to see if we can live without it. Most probably we would be installing it again.
Will be posting a proper update tomorrow on the glass replacement.
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 17:13   #8336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So.. Quick update.....going out in a new car.
When did you buy your car? This is certainly not the case with most of the ventos in this forum. Something is wrong with the A.S.S.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th April 2016 at 22:58. Reason: Please refrain from quoting entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:39   #8337
BHPian

Turbohead, yes I meant to say insurance. Your updates on replacement will help. Am giving my car tomorrow though. Hoping to get it by Friday.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:37   #8338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the SA never called me and took approval before replacing the entire clutch assembly. He only called me once it is replaced and quoted the amount for which I was surprised.
I wonder how can the SA go ahead and replace something worth 45K without the owners approval.
So its the negligence on SA part. You have every right to blast him left, right and centre. How can someone replace parts worth Rs. 45000 without even asking the owner.

Kindly send the mail across to VW as that will get them in action. Within 24 hrs dealer be reprimanded. Do ask the SA why didn't he ask you for approval and then take up the matter with workshop manager.

I suspect, no clutch would have been replaced.
It's dealers like these which VW a bad name and spoil the complete ownership experience.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 21:05   #8339
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I am the only one in my family who use this car and driven the entire 37000 kms clocked. I can assure that I have never ever used the clutch other than gear shifting and always rested my foot on the floor.
If what you say is true than there is very less chance clutch would go bad in just 37000 kms. Here as you said some sound was coming from it, It might not be clutch wear but some other trouble with clutch assembly as well. Still following is my take on this

1. No matter clutch needed replacement or not, SA has no right to perform such actions without your permission. Now that they have done it they will try to give all sort of excuses but please stand firm and refuse to accept this replacement. Bring VW in picture by calling their customer care and dropping email to VW.

2. Even if clutch is changed was there any need to change flywheel? I have driven my vento for 54K in peak south delhi traffic 80-90% of the time and now my clutch is hard but SA saying flywheel might not need change since there is no slip etc and only plates + bearing might need replacement provided once he open clutch he will see state of flywheel in front of me.

3. As el lobo said there might be something fishy. Either clutch is not change at all or partially changed and you are charged full cannot be ruled out. Fact that SA did not bother updating you put question mark on their intention.

Let us know the final result.

Last edited by karansm4u : 12th April 2016 at 21:09.
karansm4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 22:09   #8340
BHPian

Quote:
So.. Quick update....aata hai problem."
It seems as though the service head is trying to fully fast one/ brush his hands off the issue . Clearly this can't be the case as the number of polos and ventos on the road are enormous . what is the usage basis of the vento? is it a everyday runner or a car for occasional use ?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th April 2016 at 22:58. Reason: Please refrain from quoting entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks