Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 13:44   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Wow!! Here is a nice link that I found! Rates of Shell Fuel on their website.

Fuel Pricing at Shell Stations | India
Diesel at Shell, Hinjewadi would be Rs.60.60

The last time i had filled there it was Rs.55.95 and it started pinching the pocket and i stopped going to Shell.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:35   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Diesel at Shell, Hinjewadi would be Rs.60.60

The last time i had filled there it was Rs.55.95 and it started pinching the pocket and i stopped going to Shell.
54 is What i used to pay for my diesel at the Mumbai pune highway pump Near kasarwadi. Dunno This sudden jump in prices that they announced. Unsuspecting the rise when i went the Lady "warned" me that the price is 62!! I said What!!! And drove off. The petrol difference is hardly anything So maybe Thats Why they made diesel a target!
Old 10th April 2013, 13:30   #513
BHPian

A different quality of shell petrol pumps. While travelling on Mumbai-Bangalore bypass, I had urgent need of using toilet. So I stopped at Shell Petrol pump at Warje. To my surprise, this toilet was proper clean and dry, complete with well stocked toilet rolls. This was better than what you find in shopping malls and Indian airports.
Old 12th October 2013, 12:11   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
While I too didn't quite understand your issue, I too had a very suspicious incident at the RTO bunk couple weeks back. I asked the attendant to fill x litres and when the reading reached some 200 bucks, he asked me if I was going to pay by card. I said card and he promptly stopped the flow and said cards payment currently not possible. I said allright I'll pay by Petro card, with which he was ok. At this point he reset the meter and proceeded to refill the balance. I immediately objected, but he said said something incoherent. Now after the filling for the balance volume was done, he claimed that an amount larger than I recalled was already filled. However, in all that fiasco, I don't exalty recall, but I'm 99% sure he charged around Rs. 200 extra. And the most interesting thing is that after I went to the office inside to pay thru the Petro card I discovered that the balance was insufficient. I asked the attendant (different guy) to top it up using my Debit Card and he did so immediately! That means the story of CC payment not working was a sham!

Since I wasn't 100% sure at that time, I didn't pursue this issue. But any trick and their minor variants can only work once. Next time I'm gonna see red when I fill there. Mentioning this so that of here here don't fall for this trick even once. Have never experienced any trickery at the RTO bunk until this incident, and that means I'm usually not so vigilant. Now that has to change.

Shrek, as for not being able to complain to the manager, I'd suggest you raise a complaint with BPCL. That should be much more "effective" than dealing with the manager there. Who knows, he himself may be part of the game.
Similar case with me at RTO, BP Bunker-2nd Oct.
1. Card or Cash ?
2. Card. Attendant stopped immediately at 400.
3. "Saar, Cards not working". You need to pay cash.Because of all digging.
4. Ok, I said. Stop at 400. I will pay for 400. I dont have much cash.
5. No problem saar. ATM is there.
6. Ok, then fill up for 1600. I noted 0. Attendant filled up for 1600.
7. Total should be 400+1600= 2000. @ Rs 80/L= 25 L.
8. ATM also not working. SOmehow, wifey had the cash.
9. Now, my usual mileage is 13kmpl. No other driving. So, Expected to run 325 Kms.
10. But, mnagedd abt about 260kms only. A loss of Rs 400 or apx 5L.

I have not understood this. And this happens a lot at many petrol pumps. After 200-300, attendant stops citing some reasons-power failure, air pump etc.

Restarts, and I do check 0 everytime. Even then, how the attendant manages to cheat ? They are cheating, I am sure-but what is the trick ?
And how to avoid/check that ?
Old 12th October 2013, 12:35   #515
BHPian

How do you check and track something like this ??

He can be pumping air for all you know in the tank..!!

Aren't petrol pump suppose to give electronic receipts from the petrol pumping unit itself ?

Last edited by bblost : 18th October 2013 at 15:05. Reason: Please use only http instead of https for youtube. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2013, 15:07   #516
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried the IOC [Imperial Petroleum, I think] and BP pumps on the Ghorpadi - Mundhwa road? If yes, how do they fare w.r.t fuel quality, short filling etc?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 11th December 2013 at 15:09.
Old 26th December 2013, 16:18   #517
BHPian

Hi Friends,

this has occurred with me 3 times at the BP petrol bunk at the entrance of Koregaon Park

all times i asked for a refill of Rs 200 for my bike and typically i see the needle on my caliber and the bars on my tbts rise up but not giving me the average as I would expect on the first 2 fills, during the 3rd fill the attendant filled the bike ahead of me with Rs200 and then proceeded with my bike however as soon as he started filling the meter reached Rs 200, i immediately check the fuel bar on my tbts and it has still the same , I got a little aggressive with him on what was he trying to pull off on me, and he immediately apologized and filled in rd 200 worth of petrol again, which leads me to the conclusion that something fishy was going on , i now avoid filling at this pump unless absolutely necessary
Old 26th December 2013, 16:48   #518
Senior - BHPian

I got conned on Karve Road HP pump last week. Told him to fill up 200 bucks worth in my bike , and my eyes were off the meter for only a couple of seconds (to take the money out of the wallet, which was already in my hand) , the needle had jumped from Rs.~30 to Rs.200. The guy had pumped the nozzle lever twice during this time, and it made me very suspicious. I wonder how they do that. I am normally very vigilant at fuel bunks. Suffice to say, I am up for refueling less than 70kms after my last fill.
Old 26th December 2013, 18:38   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

The HP petrol pump at Bavdhan, which is the only one in miles in any direction, is one I have complained about earlier on this thread. However over the past few months their service quality has improved perceptibly. One good thing I have noticed is that they do not attempt to pull the short-fuelling tricks that I had called them out on earlier.

Or maybe they just know to identify frequent fillers/locals and not mess with them! In any case, not complaining.
Old 26th December 2013, 21:03   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hi Friends,

this has occurred with me 3 times at the BP petrol bunk at the entrance of Koregaon Park
The one on left while entering north lane is shady. Similarly the bunk on university road (just before agriculture college) is shady too. Avoid using them. The one on university road (first one after turning left from FC road) is a good one.

The IOC pump near Gangadham tends to be dicy specially with female 2 wheeler riders.

Regards

NIkhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 14:30   #521
Senior - BHPian

The IOC pump (Yadav petrol pump) on Nagar Road at Kharadi has bad petrol.
I can confirm after filling up three of my vehicles over the last couple of years. After filling up, the engine noise and vibrations increase in both the two wheeler and the four wheelers.

As a test, I filled up with Shell on Mundhwa, twice, and now hopefully all the bad fuel is out of the tank.
I can feel the difference in the pickup and the noise.
The mileage of the two wheeler is up from 46 kmpl to 50 kmpl during the last fill. Now, I wish to try the premium version of Shell at Rs 91. Hope it can undo the damage caused by IOC.

Last edited by S_U_N : 21st January 2014 at 14:32.
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:47   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
Similar case with me at RTO, BP Bunker-2nd Oct.
1. Card or Cash ?
2. Card. Attendant stopped immediately at 400.
3. "Saar, Cards not working". You need to pay cash.Because of all digging.
4. Ok, I said. Stop at 400. I will pay for 400. I dont have much cash.
5. No problem saar. ATM is there.
6. Ok, then fill up for 1600. I noted 0. Attendant filled up for 1600.
7. Total should be 400+1600= 2000. @ Rs 80/L= 25 L.
8. ATM also not working. SOmehow, wifey had the cash.
9. Now, my usual mileage is 13kmpl. No other driving. So, Expected to run 325 Kms.
10. But, mnagedd abt about 260kms only. A loss of Rs 400 or apx 5L.

I have not understood this. And this happens a lot at many petrol pumps. After 200-300, attendant stops citing some reasons-power failure, air pump etc.

Restarts, and I do check 0 everytime. Even then, how the attendant manages to cheat ? They are cheating, I am sure-but what is the trick ?
And how to avoid/check that ?
I had similar experience with DMello petrol pump near Chandan Nagar, we were late for a dinner reservation and I was about to run out of fuel.
So I stopped for a full tank refill as the attendant stopped at Rs 400 stating some problem and restarted again filling up to 37 lts.

For a moment i thought to stop him when he filled up Rs 400 petrol, but i thought it might be a genuine issue so I asked him to go ahead and fill the tank full.

I realized that I had being cheated to an extent of Rs 600/700 as he handed over Rs 3100 bill, Beat's petrol tank capacity is 35 lts and normally a full tank charge never crosses Rs 2500.

My kid was irritated and creating commotion in the car so I had to leave in a hurry, would be watchful next time onwards with this dealer.
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:38   #523
Senior - BHPian

No one knows how this works, but we all know that there is something wrong. :(

The video posted on this page above is probably the only hint that I could get.

Edit: See also

Last edited by S_U_N : 23rd January 2014 at 14:49.
Old 23rd January 2014, 15:44   #524
BHPian

I have been using Kedari Petrol pump at Wanowrie and the one that's situated on university road(immediately after you take a left from where FC Road ends!) AUTO Lines IIRC, and have been getting consistent quality and mileage!
I make it a point to use only one of these pumps as I shuttle between Model Colony and Kondhwa, also the pump near Karishma Society on Karve road is genuine to say the least!
I, for one, have a habit of getting off my car and keeping an eye on the attendant, whenever I refuel, that's because I have seen my father do it always!
And I always prefer paying cash instead of using plastic money, not only at fuel bunks but otherwise too!

Also, my sister consistently uses Kedari, and if I recall correct she told me something about being cheated once, though of a very small amount. Not sure how much though!

Last edited by 599gto : 23rd January 2014 at 15:47.
599gto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 08:06   #525
BHPian

Bless you, lady..!! May your tribe increase...
Not sure which bunker is this...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/37419476.cms

3 petrol pump employees held for cheating

PUNE: Three employees of a petrol pump on Paud Road were arrested on Friday for cheating a woman while filling diesel in her car.

Vilas Bajirao Kadam (27) of Uttamnagar, Babu alias Nitin Mohan Shinde (28) of Kalewadi and Liyakat Sikander Shaikh (48) from Shastrinagar in Kothrud were arrested after a complaint was filed against them by Anagha Ghaisas (46) of Paud Road.

According to the police, Ghaisas had filled diesel worth Rs 2,372 in her car, but the employees had allegedly tampered with the meter to show that she had filled fuel worth Rs 2,960.

Ghaisas pointed out that Rs 2600 was required to fill the diesel tank and sought reasons for them demanding extra money with an intention to cheat her.

When the both the parties broke into a heated arguments, one of the employees changed the meter reading back to Rs 2,372 to prove that the meter was not tampered.

The employees claimed that there were no illegalities in functioning of the pump and allegedly threatened Ghaisas with dire consequences, following which she lodged a complaint.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks