Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 13:03   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
This Saturday i will be on my way to Goa through Pune & if i were to fill up at Hinjewadi is the HP pump opposite Fortune Hotel better or the pump next to McDonalds & Mezza 9 better (don't know the brand).
Avoid the McD HP bunk (yes, thats also an HP bunk) , instead members recommend the one near Marriott. Do you also work in Phase1 ? Phase2/3 guys fill up further down the road near Wipro Ph2.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 13:09   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This Saturday i will be on my way to Goa through Pune & if i were to fill up at Hinjewadi is the HP pump opposite Fortune Hotel better or the pump next to McDonalds & Mezza 9 better (don't know the brand).
If you can, fill up at the BP pump on the left a couple of kms after the Khed Shivapur toll plaza. Diesel quality is good there and it'll also be cheaper.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 13:46   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Avoid the McD HP bunk (yes, thats also an HP bunk) , instead members recommend the one near Marriott. Do you also work in Phase1 ? Phase2/3 guys fill up further down the road near Wipro Ph2.
I used to work in the company a little further down from Wipro on the right with the spaceship buildings whose latest results brought down the Sensex. Now work in Mumbai.
So i'll consider the one opposite Marriott/ Fortune, the one with Crossword & Coffee day if i remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
If you can, fill up at the BP pump on the left a couple of kms after the Khed Shivapur toll plaza. Diesel quality is good there and it'll also be cheaper.

Cheers,
Vikram
I presume this toll will come on the way to Goa for me from Pune, right. Making the trip for the first time so not very sure with the route.
Old 25th April 2012, 14:18   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I presume this toll will come on the way to Goa for me from Pune, right. Making the trip for the first time so not very sure with the route.
Yes, that is correct. This toll plaza is approximately 40 kms from Wakad junction [where you'd have turned right for Hinjewadi, while coming from Mumbai].

If you zoom in the link given below, you will see the BPCL COCO pump icon right after the toll plaza.

Wakad Junction to Khed-Shivapur Toll Plaza - Google Maps

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 25th April 2012 at 14:20.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 15:29   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Well, I don't know where you stay/work, but there are several pumps where I fill/have filled petrol and diesel regularly, without any unwanted side effects [touchwood!]. They are Autolines HP, RTO BP, BP pump opposite Wadia College, Navi Peth BP, Kulkarni Petrol Pump, Dnyaneshwar Paduka Chowk BP, H'wadi Phase 2 BP, Gogte Pump BP [opp. Ranka on Karve rd], Pranav Service Station IOC [on Sinhgad Rd].

Disclaimer: I am not in any way recommending these outlets - I have not had a bad experience with these pumps, but there may be others who have a contrary opinion. So please do your due diligence before frequenting any of them!

Cheers,
Vikram
I used to tank up at the Kulkarni bunk long ago, assuming it was good and reputed. However, more than 2 - 3 times I'v noted somewhat lower fuel efficiency when I'v filled up from there. Not to mention its too small and too crowded.
Old 26th April 2012, 10:45   #501
BHPian

With the Shell pump's stock going down over the last week on this thread thought i should write in what i realised when i filled yesterday & checked my mileage. To just give a straight picture, below is my fuel efficiency since buying my Swift VDi about 4 months back.

Guess from the below with no difference in driving style over the period, that Shell diesel was more efficient. Yes the sample size is small. Will get a better picture over more fillings.
Haven't had any issues like engine sounding coarser & no bad experience yet & hoping i don't have a bad experience with them like a Team bhp member had after doing a tankful.
Attached Images

Old 26th April 2012, 13:35   #502
BHPian

Re: Scamed at Petrol Bunk in front of Mgarpatta Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Why don't you lodge a complaint with BPCL and take up the issue?
Hi Racoon,

I did go to their website, I will send them an email or atleast call them. I will mail my colleagues in my company about the incident. As many of us fill up there.

MP
Old 26th April 2012, 17:44   #503
Senior - BHPian

Thats great. It would be good to do both - email (or is there an online form?) and later call.

Do let us know how they respond.
Old 5th June 2012, 13:06   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
All,

Quite conflicting to Swanand's, some other members here and my own trust, after filling from Phase 2 BP bunk near Wipro, the first incident of CHEATING happened on me ....I am glad that I dint fall for that. so pretty content at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Thanks for sharing spiritofdriving. That was a detailed account of your experiences. These are some of the reasons I only fill up at the RTO (for 97 octane - special use) or Shell bunks (for regular use).
I am surprised that so many customers do not even get out of their vehicles as they are being filled up. This is what gives rise to the make-a-quick-buck mentality.
I was once filling up my car at RTO BP bunk early morning (around 6-7 months back). I always get down from the car and check the "0" reading before they start dispensing and try to never take eyes off the reading. However that day I was not carrying cash and had to use card. As usual the employees gave me the slip for signing as the petrol was being filled. While signing the slip the reading was at Rs.1700 while after signing it showed Rs.2400!
I smelled something fishy and started arguing with the dispensing lady. She claimed the tank is full now, while I knew it was not. I started the ignition key to show that the needle was not showing full. After hearing the arguments their supervisor came. He also claimed the tank is full and after furtehr argument agreed to fill in the petrol till the nozzle automatically stops (when tank is full). He filled for about R.100 and the nozzle stopped. However the needle had hardly moved. He claimed there was air in tank and therefore needle was not moving (it was halfway between 50% mark and full mark) while I knew he was bluffing. In 7 years of ownership, the fuel indicator has never given such error on full tank! Despite arguments I had to leave as it was 6:45 am in morning and their manager was not in.
2 tricks I think were played on me:
The lady changed the reading from Rs.1700 to Rs.2400 in matter of seconds while I signed the slip.
The nozzle stopped in the supervisors hands as if the tank was full while it was not.

I thought of going there again for complaining to manager, but since I live far off from there and also did not know the names of the attendants I skipped it. I must have been cheated of ~Rs.400 going by the fuel needle position.

Moral: Be always alert even at COCOs/trusted pumps as you never know which employee will cheat you. (including ladies! ) Sign the slip after the fuel is filled and keep eyes on meter from "0" reading till desired amount/litres. Pay afterwards and do not take eyes off while answering (stupid!) attendant questions!
Old 5th June 2012, 13:41   #505
Senior - BHPian

^What kind of slip were you signing?
If you are paying by card, then how can there be a slip generated when the amount itself is unknown till the fuel dispenser stops?

Meanwhile, I tanked up my Zen (Rs. 2100) @ 74.41 Rs/ lit on IOC pump near Wagholi-Kharadi junction.
Old 5th June 2012, 19:43   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
I was once filling up my car at RTO BP bunk early morning (around 6-7 months back). I always get down from the car and check the "0" reading before they start dispensing and try to never take eyes off the reading. However that day I was not carrying cash and had to use card. As usual the employees gave me the slip for signing as the petrol was being filled. While signing the slip the reading was at Rs.1700 while after signing it showed Rs.2400!
I smelled something fishy and started arguing with the dispensing lady. She claimed the tank is full now, while I knew it was not. I started the ignition key to show that the needle was not showing full. After hearing the arguments their supervisor came. He also claimed the tank is full and after furtehr argument agreed to fill in the petrol till the nozzle automatically stops (when tank is full). He filled for about R.100 and the nozzle stopped. However the needle had hardly moved. He claimed there was air in tank and therefore needle was not moving (it was halfway between 50% mark and full mark) while I knew he was bluffing. In 7 years of ownership, the fuel indicator has never given such error on full tank! Despite arguments I had to leave as it was 6:45 am in morning and their manager was not in.
2 tricks I think were played on me:
The lady changed the reading from Rs.1700 to Rs.2400 in matter of seconds while I signed the slip.
The nozzle stopped in the supervisors hands as if the tank was full while it was not.

I thought of going there again for complaining to manager, but since I live far off from there and also did not know the names of the attendants I skipped it. I must have been cheated of ~Rs.400 going by the fuel needle position.

Moral: Be always alert even at COCOs/trusted pumps as you never know which employee will cheat you. (including ladies! ) Sign the slip after the fuel is filled and keep eyes on meter from "0" reading till desired amount/litres. Pay afterwards and do not take eyes off while answering (stupid!) attendant questions!
While I too didn't quite understand your issue, I too had a very suspicious incident at the RTO bunk couple weeks back. I asked the attendant to fill x litres and when the reading reached some 200 bucks, he asked me if I was going to pay by card. I said card and he promptly stopped the flow and said cards payment currently not possible. I said allright I'll pay by Petro card, with which he was ok. At this point he reset the meter and proceeded to refill the balance. I immediately objected, but he said said something incoherent. Now after the filling for the balance volume was done, he claimed that an amount larger than I recalled was already filled. However, in all that fiasco, I don't exalty recall, but I'm 99% sure he charged around Rs. 200 extra. And the most interesting thing is that after I went to the office inside to pay thru the Petro card I discovered that the balance was insufficient. I asked the attendant (different guy) to top it up using my Debit Card and he did so immediately! That means the story of CC payment not working was a sham!

Since I wasn't 100% sure at that time, I didn't pursue this issue. But any trick and their minor variants can only work once. Next time I'm gonna see red when I fill there. Mentioning this so that of here here don't fall for this trick even once. Have never experienced any trickery at the RTO bunk until this incident, and that means I'm usually not so vigilant. Now that has to change.

Shrek, as for not being able to complain to the manager, I'd suggest you raise a complaint with BPCL. That should be much more "effective" than dealing with the manager there. Who knows, he himself may be part of the game.

Last edited by Raccoon : 5th June 2012 at 19:47.
Old 5th June 2012, 21:33   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
While I too didn't quite understand your issue, I too had a very suspicious incident at the RTO bunk couple weeks back. I asked the attendant to fill x litres and when the reading reached some 200 bucks, he asked me if I was going to pay by card. I said card and he promptly stopped the flow and said cards payment currently not possible..

You, perhaps, fell prey to the Oldest trick in the book.

This "Sir, aap card karoge ya cash?" question is posed while the fueling process is being done and your attention is diverted. Once you give into this trick whatever you do either he will end up cheating you or else if you have noticed the mistake you would not leave the pump without a fight.

Hence I have this policy.
1)Only cash.
2)I always have an eye on the fuel gauge and hence whenever I want to fill fuel I have cash ready with me and hence I avoid the need to pay by card. Moreover I fill up fuel when the tank is around 40 full or 50% full.
3) This in turn makes it easy for me to keep my eyes on the pump meter reading and the fuel dispenser pipe come what may. The attendant may speak or blabber whatever nonsense he wants to but I do not answer him at all and I am always vigilant at the reading.

This is of course after I was cheated in a similar fashion while fueling my bike.

There was this one incident while I was filling up at a station and I firmly held few Rs.500 notes in my hand to pay to the attendant after the fueling. He was not even 30% finished when he gestured me with his hand to pass him the notes. I didn't even look at his face and kept watch. The he moved his hand to pull the notes from my hand. At this stage if the guy was a young fellow I would have given him a tight slap for doing that..!
I lost it. I shouted. I said "Cant you wait till its over? I have got them out to pay it to you and not fill air or PUC! "
Old 5th June 2012, 21:47   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^What kind of slip were you signing?
If you are paying by card, then how can there be a slip generated when the amount itself is unknown till the fuel dispenser stops?

Meanwhile, I tanked up my Zen (Rs. 2100) @ 74.41 Rs/ lit on IOC pump near Wagholi-Kharadi junction.
I had told them to fill Rs.2400 as I knew that much would be enough to fill the tank and therefore the lady stopped dispensing at Rs.2400. They had swiped the card while the fuel was still being dispensed. Forgot to mention this in earlier post! Also would suggest filling up at Wagholi HP bunk as it would save you octroi and have heard bad experiences from metro based IOC pumps.

@Raccoon, I will surely complain to BPCL next time I face this issue, as complaining now will result only in witch-hunt (no idea about who the attendants were and if they are still working there). Wanted to tell the story as most of us reading this thread would assume it is COCO and would be less vigilant.
Old 5th June 2012, 22:42   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924

Also would suggest filling up at Wagholi HP bunk as it would save you octroi and have heard bad experiences from metro based IOC pumps.
The IOC pump that is at the junction also has no octroi despite being within octroi limits.
Old 3rd July 2012, 22:54   #510
BHPian

Wow!! Here is a nice link that I found! Rates of Shell Fuel on their website.
The date of updation is mentioned in the line below the table.
Here is the link!

Fuel Pricing at Shell Stations | India
arrowaby is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks