Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 10:29   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
But of late i have noticed that the density has been the same each time i visit the pump. It reads 74.13 or something like that.
Is that normal? i thought the density levels would be changing.
Sounds about the same number that I have seen at some other pumps too. I am not entirely sure if those meters function as they should or it is just like a number written on a piece of slate
Old 31st October 2011, 12:15   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
All modern cars/mobikes have fuel line filter (replacement is part of periodic maintenance schedule too). They should take care of SPM (suspended matters) in the fuel. I don't see a reason it would contribute to deterioration of ride quality?

-BJ
Well, to be honest, I am not well versed with the technical/scientific aspects of the above piece of advice, so cannot convincingly answer your question. This is just a practice that I follow ever since I bought my 1st car. I like to imagine that it has spared me fuel contamination related problems till now [touchwood!], hence thought of sharing it here

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 31st October 2011, 13:19   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
All modern cars/mobikes have fuel line filter (replacement is part of periodic maintenance schedule too). They should take care of SPM (suspended matters) in the fuel. I don't see a reason it would contribute to deterioration of ride quality?

-BJ
Ride quality aside, there is obviously a limit to the amount of particulate matter that the fuel filter can handle before getting choked! And I have seen in happen. Also, the filtration efficiency of different filters could be questioned, as I have even seen gunk go right into the carb. As for bikes, it might be a bigger issue, as I'm sure filter replacement is not replaced according to any schedule and they are also quite small. You may well find yourself stranded somewhere due to the filter getting choked! Moral: just because there is an in-line filter, does not mean that you can ignore suspended particulate matter. I have noted its higher in some bunks than others.
Raccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:21   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
So i had written ages ago about the new machines at the Koregaon Park BP pump.
They had added new dispensers with fuel density meters.
But of late i have noticed that the density has been the same each time i visit the pump. It reads 74.13 or something like that.
Is that normal? i thought the density levels would be changing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Sounds about the same number that I have seen at some other pumps too. I am not entirely sure if those meters function as they should or it is just like a number written on a piece of slate
I had the same doubt few months ago. Yes, there are pumps where the reading remains the same - morning/afternoon/night, however BP@ opp. RTO the reading varies. So I would like to believe where the reading is constant - its not working properly.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 3rd November 2011 at 22:23.
Old 14th November 2011, 11:10   #410
Senior - BHPian

Hinjewadi Shell has increased the Diesel price by Rs.2.50 and is now retailing at Rs.55.95 :-( Went to the pump after 15 days so not sure when this increase has been done. Maybe from 1st Nov.

Petrol Prices are Rs.73.67 and Rs.76.17
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:58   #411
Senior - BHPian

Hinjewadi Shell has once again increased the price of diesel this week, this time by Rs. 1.75. It is now retailing at 57.70. :-(

I think i should increase my Mumbai trips so that i can fill at the reliable and cheaper company operated pumps on the Xpressway.

Petrol Heads can cheer. Prices have been reduced and now are Rs.71.70/Rs.74.20.

Last edited by amitwlele : 22nd November 2011 at 13:00.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:12   #412
Senior - BHPian

Amit, that makes it a 10 rupee difference right ? Between Shell and PSU diesel ?
Old 25th November 2011, 11:21   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Amit, that makes it a 10 rupee difference right ? Between Shell and PSU diesel ?
The last i had filled at a PSU bunk was on the Xpressway on 23rd Oct. It was Rs 44.21 on that day. So more than a 10 Rs difference.
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:10   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Hinjewadi Shell has once again increased the price of diesel this week, this time by Rs. 1.75. It is now retailing at 57.70. :-(

I think i should increase my Mumbai trips so that i can fill at the reliable and cheaper company operated pumps on the Xpressway.

Petrol Heads can cheer. Prices have been reduced and now are Rs.71.70/Rs.74.20.
Today i think would be my last visit to the Shell bunk in Hinjewadi for Diesel.

The price of diesel has been increased again this week and is now Rs. 59.60. So an increase of Rs 1.90. So over the last 2-3 weeks the increase in diesel price has been more than 4 Rs.

Petrol prices have been reduced again and are now Rs. 70.5 /Rs. 73.00

So guys i believe HP pump near Wipro Phase II in Hinjewadi is the other reliable pump in Hinjewadi. Am i right?

Last edited by amitwlele : 2nd December 2011 at 10:28.
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:18   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So guys i believe HP pump near Wipro Phase II in Hinjewadi is the other reliable pump in Hinjewadi. Am i right?
That's a BP pump, if I'm not mistaken. The HP pump is opposite KPIT, and at least I haven't heard good reports about it - quality and honesty wise.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 2nd December 2011 at 10:30.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 13:28   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
That's a BP pump, if I'm not mistaken. The HP pump is opposite KPIT, and at least I haven't heard good reports about it - quality and honesty wise.

Cheers,
Vikram
Absolutely the pump just after crossing Wipro Ph 2 ( BP ) is a better bet . The HP's Near Mac D / Opp Marriot , both are cheats in terms of quality and quantity .

Quote:
The BP gets the preference from many . However IMHO , I personally dont trust the diesel being filled there ( vehicle emits thick black smoke ) and hence stick to my old fav HP Auto Lines .

Try your luck
jealousdiamond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 13:46   #417
Senior - BHPian

Hows the bunk next to hotel Sayaji on the service road (NH4) ? Always see a decent number of vehicles filling up there.
Old 5th December 2011, 14:29   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Hows the bunk next to hotel Sayaji on the service road (NH4) ? Always see a decent number of vehicles filling up there.
Not good not bad !! Its like filling at these pumps you get excessive emissions from the tail pipe ( black smoke in case of diesel and white in case of petrol ) and we all understand what this extra emission means . This might not reflect on the FE figs immediately , but its certainly doing its work
Old 5th December 2011, 14:52   #419
Senior - BHPian

JD: I for one find the diesel at BP Ph2 really good. So much so that my FE has increased due to the diesel at that pump. Barring the last time, my car gets her tankfull at that pump only.

The one next to Sayaji, is so so. Nothing worth writing home about. But, nothing worth writing to the company too .
Old 5th December 2011, 15:36   #420
BHPian

Can anybody summarise all in one post only.
Like Pump name ,Company, Location , trusted/ untrusted rating.

Please share if anybody is already having a compiled list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks