Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 07:20   #256
BHPian

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Guys, has Shell opened up a new pump at Warje? Where is it? I don't see it in any google maps.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:18   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I dont trust any petrol pump attendant anywhere. So I always get down from the car and stand next to the person who is filling up. Moreover I make it a point to tell him/her not to start filling till I give the nod.

I know you like the twin pumps there.
Thats a very good practice and i do the same. I always get out of the car to keep a check on the attendant.
You are absolutely right. I love these pumps because its just so darn convenient for me to fill up at either. I have switched to HP to analyze their fuel, lets see if anything acts funny. But now that you mentioned it i have noticed the idle is not as smooth. Lets see its still to early for me to comment. Will use HP for a while and then shift to BP again. I want to come to a conclusion. So is HP better or do things sway in BP's favour?
Will keep all posted on my findings.
I remember back in the day. Read mid 2000's ok not too way back. But i have personally seen Sherry (pump owner) come to inspect the fuel before taking delivery from the truck.
Have not seem him recently, but only just started filling up here again. Will ask someone who can confirm the same.

Last edited by mdsaab : 14th April 2011 at 13:41.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:45   #258
BHPian

Quote:
I dont trust any petrol pump attendant anywhere. So I always get down from the car and stand next to the person who is filling up. Moreover I make it a point to tell him/her not to start filling till I give the nod.

I Will try the one opposite to Agricultural College.
Thats the way to go Abhijit . That indeed is a good practise , however good/bad the pump may be . It definately makes the attendant more careful of not getting into anything stupid .

HP Autolines opp Agriculture College - I bet start filling there and you wont change to any other bunk thereafter .
Old 14th April 2011, 15:56   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Besides, I have been informed that lately, this bunk has increased the adulteration content in its fuel, so I am constantly imagining weird stuff happening to my car, inspite of filling it up here for years.
I am not imagining things...! My car definitely feels less smooth, less willing to rev now.
Strange, since we were filling up various cars at this very bunk (2nd petrol pump on Karve road, near Kasat) for many years now.
Old 14th April 2011, 16:15   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

It's not just me then? I filled in a tankful of Club HP (my regular stuff is Shell Super but the nearly 12/- price difference is not worth it...or so I thought!) and experienced some more noise and jarriness during my Aurangabad drive. It sucks that we need to be so vigilant about something as basic as filling fuel!
Old 14th April 2011, 16:24   #261
Senior - BHPian

I would actually love it if we followed the same method thats done abroad.
Fill your own fuel and then go and pay the money. But thats far from possible, thanks to our population and impatient behavior.
Old 14th April 2011, 17:19   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Fill your own fuel and then go and pay the money. But thats far from possible, thanks to our population and impatient behavior.
Well, I can almost imagine the scenario if implemented here :

- I pull into the bunk against a pump, and head to the counter to pay for it so that I can start filling.
- Come out to see that some other guy had already taken the nozzle and helped himself to some of the fuel that I had paid for.
Old 15th April 2011, 00:50   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- I pull into the bunk against a pump, and head to the counter to pay for it so that I can start filling.
- Come out to see that some other guy had already taken the nozzle and helped himself to some of the fuel that I had paid for.
Now that's exactly why this is not going to work here. can you imagine the horror, and what one would have to go through to get either their money back, or reimbursed in fuel.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:02   #264
BHPian

Quote:

To the experience I have with UK , you pay after you fuel up instead of paying before . Well no disagreements regards to the chaos it would create in our country .

BTW, fuelled up yesterday from the BP pump @ Phase 2 , almost adjacent to Wipro . The pump/attendant looks clean . The diesel gravity stands around 760-800 (good) and the attendants definately are courteous . As already mentioned cards are being accepted and the quality of the fuel till time (driven 100 odd kms ) looks good .

IMHO , beware not fill in air from this pump , the machine doesn't seemed to be callibrated properly and yours truly pulled up a (personal) digital air guage to prove this to the pump authorities . The machine installed out there is under inflating the tyres . This is just my observation , some people might want to differ just like the acting manager of the pump .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 15th April 2011 at 11:03.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:11   #265
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

Consider this, how much employment is being created by having attendants. Good for the economy, me thinks. To add to that, you have courteous young things greeting you with a smile; at least in some pumps.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:37   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Now that's exactly why this is not going to work here. can you imagine the horror, and what one would have to go through to get either their money back, or reimbursed in fuel.
But then again, they can have a separate pump for people paying with plastic. Swipe your card and enter the amount to start filling.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:51   #267
BHPian

Quote:
But then again, they can have a separate pump for people paying with plastic. Swipe your card and enter the amount to start filling.
Oh Yes !! I have seen a similar setup @ my most trusted Pump HP Auto Lines , but never seen it functional in the last 4 years , since the day of the install , probably they are aiming for the future
Old 15th April 2011, 13:57   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
IMHO , beware not fill in air from this pump , the machine doesn't seemed to be callibrated properly and yours truly pulled up a (personal) digital air guage to prove this to the pump authorities . The machine installed out there is under inflating the tyres . This is just my observation , some people might want to differ just like the acting manager of the pump .
JD - what was the observed variation? I am planning on fuel top up this evening and might as well get the air checked too with appropriate adjustment (assuming he hasn't recaliberated the machine).
Old 15th April 2011, 14:33   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
JD - what was the observed variation? I am planning on fuel top up this evening and might as well get the air checked too with appropriate adjustment (assuming he hasn't recalibrated the machine).
Well , It was like this . I had the tyres filled in / topped up last week from my regular pump (HP Autolines) where I have been fuelling up for ages . The pressure filled up was 32/35 resp for Safari . A week goes by and I fill up @ the mentioned pump . The rear tyre reads 38(orginal 32) & the front read 33(original 35). I had a doubt pulled up my digital pressure gauge and measured . The rears displayed as 31-30 & front as 33-34 . And I was like . The same pressure gauge would give absolute zero difference at HP autolines . Confused I refused to top up the tyres (to be read deflate as per the machine installed there ) and made a move . On my way back went through the HP Autolines bunk and got it checked and again the rears displayed as 31-30 & front as 33-34 .

No doubts left topped up and made a move . I might sound a bit conservative but I strongly feel the shoes(tyre) are one of the major aspects of our loveable rides , so they should be in prestine condition all the time

However, have notified the pump guy out there about the mismatch / improper calibration , least to say he was not bothered by it

My humble suggestion would be avoid the air top up if you can from this bunk as I am just not sure whether its over/ under inflating , but for sure the machine needs recalibration .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 15th April 2011 at 14:35.
Old 19th April 2011, 11:48   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Consider this, how much employment is being created by having attendants. Good for the economy, me thinks. To add to that, you have courteous young things greeting you with a smile; at least in some pumps.
Where in this part of India you saw that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
JD - what was the observed variation? I am planning on fuel top up this evening and might as well get the air checked too with appropriate adjustment (assuming he hasn't recaliberated the machine).
Did you give it a try ?? Or anyone else who took a chance ?

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 19th April 2011 at 11:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks