Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 19:15   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
@Ojas and Amit: Wouldnt the impending fuel hike affect prices of Shell fuel too? If normal fuel is supposed to go up by Rs. 6, then Shell would also go up. Right?
Thats what is worrying me and giving me sleepless nights.

The only reason i have been filling up at Shell is that, over the last 2 years i have not faced any issues with the car or no tricks have been tried. It is convenient to fill up while going to office in the morning. Else looking at the different posts on this thread i would have to go out of my way to fill up at honest pumps, as frankly all the other pumps in Hinjewadi do not seem to very trustworthy. I have had experience of those when i used to travel on my bike to office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Certainly Shell will increase prices, and they can increase more than 6 bucks. Someone mentioned that unless Shell sells petrol at Rs75, they wont make any profit.
If this happens then i presume the diesel prices would also increase. And Shell might lose one of their loyal customers.
The next fill is due only mid next week. Would check out the rates.
Old 12th May 2011, 21:14   #302
Senior - BHPian

I am a bit confused here. Why would shell increase their prices, assuming they source from an entity independent of one from which the PSU companies get theries ?
Old 13th May 2011, 07:56   #303
BANNED

Wow! Last night had a fight with 2 petrol pumps in Hinjewadi, The IOC and the HP ones which are next to each other on opposite sides of the road. The IOC guy was trying the start the meter from rupees 50/- trick and then when i caught him he denied.

He said "zyaada bolo mat, main yahan petrol nahi khaa raha, jaakar complaint kar do andar"

So I said, "andar waala bhi toh tere saath milaa hua hai"

He said, "jo karna hai karlo" (in a pretty aggresive tone and stance"

So then a 6 foot 3 in mustang came out of his car, took a pic of the petrol pump guy and then to combat his aggressiveness gave him one tight one on his face. Left w/o paying a dime for the 80 rupees of fuel (actually just 30/- as he started the meter from 50). Should have taken his pic after this also, would have been a good "before" and "after" image.

What happened at the HP bunk was less of an incident, They were just busy chatting around rather than guiding cars/bikes to the appropriate filling point and when i did park near one of the petrol filling points, the reply came, Yeh chalta nahi hai and told me to reverse and the usual non sense. I told him, can i see his RFID wrist tag, he said ok. and i swiped it on the machine. and started filling petrol on my own, he said "yeh kar rahe ho!" So i said "arrey yeh toh chalne lagaa" and got my car filled from that very filling point .

Anyways leaving for the airport now and in a few hours back to delhi.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 08:17   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
So then a 6 foot 3 in mustang came out of his car, took a pic of the petrol pump guy and then to combat his aggressiveness gave him one tight one on his face. Left w/o paying a dime for the 80 rupees of fuel (actually just 30/- as he started the meter from 50). Should have taken his pic after this also, would have been a good "before" and "after" image.

What happened at the HP bunk was less of an incident, They were just busy chatting around rather than guiding cars/bikes to the appropriate filling point and when i did park near one of the petrol filling points, the reply came, Yeh chalta nahi hai and told me to reverse and the usual non sense. I told him, can i see his RFID wrist tag, he said ok. and i swiped it on the machine. and started filling petrol on my own, he said "yeh kar rahe ho!" So i said "arrey yeh toh chalne lagaa" and got my car filled from that very filling point .
Mustang you caused quite a stir in Hinjewadi in your short stay in Pune i should say.

I must admit if i had been in your place i would have only walked away and would not have given a tight one on his face. Such acts take a ugly turn.

Liked your act of filling up on your own at the HP pump
Old 13th May 2011, 16:30   #305
Senior - BHPian

Mustang, thats pretty daring of you! What an act. Im sure that must have created a storm to the bystanders! We locals (working in H'wadi) never get physical with these guys. They are a bunch of uncouth hooligans who have nothin to lose.
I do admire your courage, and at the same time suggest, you avoid thse 2 pumps like plague the next time you are in Pune.
Old 13th May 2011, 18:05   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We locals (working in H'wadi) never get physical with these guys. They are a bunch of uncouth hooligans who have nothin to lose.
+++1 to that dude!!

That was pretty daring of you Mustang ji. Next time in Hinjewadi : Stick to shell!

I say nothing until I am out of the car and standing right next to the filler guy.
Old 13th May 2011, 18:12   #307
Senior - BHPian

+1 to the comments from Swanand, Sajo & Amit. I am sure you must have been ticked off bigtime by the tone/ attitude of this guy more than anything else.
Perhaps this low life did not expect any reaction as most of us dont bother to interact with them, like Swanand said.

What would we give to have an after picture of this flabbergasted chap!

Last edited by selfdrive : 13th May 2011 at 18:14.
Old 13th May 2011, 18:35   #308
BHPian

Quote:
That was really courageous to stick one tight slap. As rightly said above these guys are normally localites and such daring acts can take wrong turn in no time. But now that you had already applied one to his cheek it would have been very entertaining to see the "after one" pic

Quote:
got my car filled from that very filling point.
Ok, understood you started filling on your own, but he allowed you to complete the act on your own ?? Surpirsing!
Shameless creatures I must say.
Old 13th May 2011, 18:52   #309
BHPian

Quote:
to combat his aggressiveness gave him one tight one on his face.
You reminded me of a similar incident 2 years back at the HP Pump instead of the IOC . Well the guy duped me of 200-300 bucks of petrol in a tankfull of Indica . I patiently moved the car in front to realize that the tank was still not full from the needle , gave him the card to swipe , as that would log time of swipe , asked for a bill , started ,drove out from the EXIT and entered back again from the IN point . Asked the same guy to make a tankful again , he seemed like " wats up with you , you just had a tankful seconds ago " Told him to put in a few more litres , until it spills . He had to oblige to fill in another 8 odd litres of fuel . By the time the guy realized what I was upto so the typical of him to start the argument " App ko kya lagta hai I am cheating , no reaction , poked back saying "you think you would be able to prove anything , you can't , do whatever you want " That was it " He got the first one flat on his face " another friend of his came to rescue , just a statement was sufficient to tame him down . Asked him swipe the card back again for the quantity filled second time and to get the manager immediately . Trust me he was almost done went straight to the room swipped the card , receipt , followed by a guy (so called manager ) . Patatiently told him the incident . The poor guy claimed of filling in 45 odd ltrs of fuel (37(ltrs)1st time + 8 (ltrs) 2nd time) in a 37(ltrs) tank capacity Indica that already had some fuel left in tank .

Asked that stupid attendant " you understand why you got that whack on your face ." The guy was quiet for his good . Told him you are claiming the above in a span of 5 mins . HOW ??

The so called manager realized the much obvious stupidity of the guy . Said sir " Sorry for the trouble , we would refund you a 1000 bucks here itself " I had a feeling to call up the much respected/ responsive Police , but avoided doing that knowing the easy way they would react to te situtation " Took the refund peacefully and made a move .

I have ensured I never fill up at that pump ever again

Quote:
i swiped it on the machine. and started filling petrol on my own, he said "yeh kar rahe ho!" So i said "arrey yeh toh chalne lagaa" and got my car filled from that very filling point .
That indeed was Smart !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Such acts take a ugly turn.

Quote:
They are a bunch of uncouth hooligans who have nothin to lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I say nothing until I am out of the car and standing right next to the filler guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
ticked off bigtime by the tone/ attitude of this guy more than anything else.
Yeah thats like adding petrol to the fire .

Couldn't be more true , as mentioned by our friends , but once in a while tonic to them by somebody might help others

Golden Rule : Stay Away

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 13th May 2011 at 19:01.
Old 13th May 2011, 19:45   #310
BANNED

I agree with all of you but I had judged the situation pretty well. There were only 3 petrol pump guys at that time. I am usually a very very peace loving person but this time my temper got the better of me. Also one tends to have less fear when one is my height and wears a size 48" shirt and is travelling with a person (my relative) who has the biceps the size of Jean Claude Van Damme. lol

But we should stand up against all this stuff that is going on and from what i have heard, the pune police handle the situation real well. But very very few people make use of the police's service in pune. Most of the Hinjewadi IT guys (sorry no offence) have very less time and go the "avoid" way rather than the "improve" way.

Unlike Pune, In Noida if you call a police walla then he will take at least 100/- from you to take any further lethargic action. So the police there is much better than what it is here. So make use of it and dial 911 from your mobile phones at any such situations.
Old 15th May 2011, 16:41   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Mustang. Hopefully the rest of us benefit from your act of bravado! JD you don't look the violent type! Guess you must have been pushed into a corner!
With Shell at 75 or so, don't think there is much respite from these thieves. Sigh!
Old 17th May 2011, 11:16   #312
BHPian

Quote:
pune police handle the situation real well. But very very few people make use of the police's service in pune. Most of the Hinjewadi IT guys (sorry no offence) have very less time and go the "avoid" way rather than the "improve" way.
Some correction here , its only applicable only if you have the sources just like the Bunk Owners . It's more or less the same in every part of the country . The later part is absolute true .

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
JD you don't look the violent type! Guess you must have been pushed into a corner!
Oh , sometimes I just loose it and when that is the case , I hardly bother who it is . Its been there done that types . Simple Rule " Stay Away "
Old 17th May 2011, 11:37   #313
Senior - BHPian

Considering recent experiences, I think the name of this thread should be changed!
It seems like there are only a couple of trusted pumps here after all, and who knows when those will change too
Old 17th May 2011, 12:55   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Please avoid the HP pump on Senapati Bapat road- I had to fill there since I was running on fumes and the meter showed 57 litres going in .

Capacity of the Vento is 55 litres and I filled only till cut-off point so there is some jhol for sure. The difference between MID FE and tank-to-tank method was almost 2 km/lit. Usually it is 0.5-1 kmpl.

I couldn't prove a damn thing and was alone (JD where are you hen you're needed? ) so just took off swearing that I would never fill there again. Yesterday refilled at Shell and was glad to see that only 50.xx litres went in at more or less the same level (FE also within the normal tolerance now). I really dont mind paying extra at Shell as long as they don't cheat us like these thieves do.
Old 17th May 2011, 14:45   #315
BHPian

Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
57 litres going in .

Capacity of the Vento is 55 litres
Well this is not impossible , I would say , until and unless it is like a difference of more than 3 litres or the tank already having a couple of litres in it , it is possible . In your case , your tank was empty , so it is possible .

OT : Your post count reads a Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Considering recent experiences, I think the name of this thread should be changed!
Voila , this is done ! Mods just renamed the thread as I notified your post.

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 17th May 2011 at 14:50.

Most Viewed