Old 28th January 2011, 15:51   #196
BHPian

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Hello All,
I am not sure if someone has already spoken about this Fuel Pump,
But following are the details
Name: Savani Petrol Pump
Brand: Indian Oil Company

I have been filling fuel from this gas station for almost 10 years now and never had any major issue with fuel quality / quantity
I have mainly used it for Petrol
But recently i have started filling diesel from here as well but it would be too early to comment on Diesel part

He has enough stocks usually and offers free air during morning times,

One issue noticed is sometimes they only offer XtraPremium, which is unnecessarily costly
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:52   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Update:

Seems to be a good alternative to my earlier fill up point (HP pump after the flyover)

Next week is diesel week!
Its good to hear that the levels are as expected .
BTW, did you mean the HP pump opp Courtyard Marriot, I hope not . Trust me this is one of the most shabby and shady pumps in Pune . Have literally thrashed the guys out there on a couple of occassions and got refunds for cheating . The Quality and the Quantity both are questionable . IMHO Refrain .
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:20   #198
Senior - BHPian

guys before filling diesel in any bunk please check the specific gravity of the diesel either on display or the fuel dispensing machine itself.

SIAM recommends the specific gravity of BS4 diesel should be between 820-850 Kg m3. and figure below 820 suggests adulteration.

the values change with the varying temperature during the day. but in any case it should not fall below 820kgm3.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:38   #199
BHPian

Thank you Ambivalent for the Nitrogen filling information. Do you have any experience of filling the same in your vehicle. I just want to know how much is he charging for 4 tyres. Does this vary as per model?
I too had good experiences with this pump. Attendents are always polite and insist to check zero before filling. Further, they also open early in the mornings at 6.00 am. I used to tank up from this pump when ever I drove to Hyd and got very good F.E of more than 20 ( With more than 80% A/c) in my M800 many times. Now started using only shell after its availability in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Don't trust the petrol pump opposite to Marriott Courtyard on the way to Hinjewadi. My colleagues and I have faced the issue that the petrol pump attendant starts filling up without showing "zero" on the meter. Also they do this when one walks up and says that they have ICICI credit card machine. I have a platinum card which is good for any petrol pump to get back the surcharge.
When this petrol stealing incident happened I had lodged a complaint with HP on their website after which the dealer personally mailed me saying that he would re-imburse me with 500 rs worth of petrol for this.
Anyway I have stopped using it at all. But similar incidents have taken place with few of my colleagues in my office as well so I had encouraged them to complain as well which they did and got prompt responses from HP folk apart from apologies from the petrol pump owner.

I trust the HP petrol pump near Agriculture college on the way to University. its big , the people are professional , he fills nitrogen , has a good setup for PUC as well and opens early in the morning.
Old 4th February 2011, 14:01   #200
BHPian

Noticed recently that the attendants at the Kedari Petrol Pump BP Pump at wanowrie have started cheating customers. The same techniques.. 1. not showing the zero when there is a huge crowd (and there always is), 2. filling to a whole no. of rupees even when you have specified the amount of liters you want, 3. overflowing the tank when you ask them to fill the tank etc etc..

Other members who have faced any of the above at Kedari petrol pump do post if you feel the same.
Old 8th February 2011, 18:23   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Update:
I've driven about 250 km so far in my Estilo. Have not tanked up yet to determine FE, but nothing to indicate bad fuel quality so far. KMs travelled is at par with fuel gauge position that I typically see.

Seems to be a good alternative to my earlier fill up point (HP pump after the flyover)

Next week is diesel week!
I'd tanked up on Diesel last week. Calculated mileage of 11.5 kmpl. This is just a fraction better than all previous top ups. Nothing to lose in shifting to this pump and there is better service as well.
Old 8th February 2011, 20:58   #202
BHPian

Filled from the Autolines pump on Univ. road, below the F.C road flyover, this saturday evening for a sudden shirdi trip on sunday. Filled full tank. The guy took my card and was moving to a different filling point. After seeing an uncomfortable expression on my face, he said "don't worry about your card sir, you too can accompany me if you want as this m/c is not from ICICI bank and you may not get your points and tax refund'. I felt safe. But still I followed him and found there was no carrier for that ICICI m/c at that point and finally swiped in another m/c.

Mean while, I finally found, the Nitrogen filling point I was searching for. They were charging 150/- for all the five tires and takes less than 20 mins. Already a Tuscon and a scorpio were in queue while an accent was getting filled. Was not in a mood to wait, Hence left.

On my way back the same evening from Shirdi,I again filled up at Shell pump near KSB chowk in Pimpri to check the consumption. The mileage was 19.96 with 80% A/C. Was cruising between 70-80 kmph,with my wife and BIL and a small bag containing food.
Old 9th February 2011, 21:01   #203
BHPian

Hello,
Wanted to highlight one more location which seems to be OK for filling in Diesel
Name: AFEXCO

This is good mainly for filling Diesel, we have been loyal to this pump for almost 8 years now, never had any complaints with quality / quantity
But you cannot expect service levels comparable to HP / Shell
It follows the simple rule, "Come In - Fill Fuel - Go"
There is one issue i have noticed though..many times the pump is closed saying "No Fuel", mostly it is the time when fuel prices are going to increase that midnight
Old 4th March 2011, 12:13   #204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Bakare Petrol Pump : Located just after Krishna Hospital on Paud Road when you are going towards Chandani Chowk.

Fuel Quality : Average.

Instances of cheating : Not much/rare.

Recommended : Sure, for two wheelers , especially if you live in the vicinity. The space for cars is a bit tight though.
The Biggest Cheating Petrol Pump that you will ever find in Pune! Its a BP outlet.
Old 4th March 2011, 12:28   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The Biggest Cheating Petrol Pump that you will ever find in Pune! Its a BP outlet.
Why man ? What happened ? Any particular bad incident ?
I regularly fill up my two wheelers from there.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:06   #206
BANNED

Quote:
Why man ? What happened ? Any particular bad incident ?
I regularly fill up my two wheelers from there.
Started filling the car in front of me where as the meter was showing Rs.110. I told him to fill for 600 bucks and he stopped at 150/- and told me that ok i will fill for another 450/- , I said NO, Thanks.

Once i also came there to fill up for a thousand bucks and he was going to start filling while the meter was showing 200 bucks. The staff there is also rude and i met the owner, Fat guy owns a white swift dzire, He is also completely indifferent to the behavior of the staff and when i complained to him about this he said "galti ho gayi hogi". What a creep.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:19   #207
Senior - BHPian

Wow mustang, thats news for me. I will be more vigilant from now onwards.
Just because some bunks are our regulars, we tend to be complacent.
BTW, the only reason I go there is because its closest bunk to my home.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:34   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Wow mustang, thats news for me. I will be more vigilant from now onwards.
Just because some bunks are our regulars, we tend to be complacent.
BTW, the only reason I go there is because its closest bunk to my home.
I know you stay on Paud Road, as the last time we talked was when the Figo was getting launched and you missed me by 2 hrs when i was at Planet ford, Paud Road. And you said that you share your name with the sales guy there, which happen to be quite a rare name.

Btw beware of that bunk, Try the one at Karve Rd., I guess its good but a lot of traffic accumulates there.
Old 4th March 2011, 14:24   #209
Senior - BHPian

The new HP pump opened up in Phase 2 Hinjewadi seems good. Probably because they are new. The staff is courteus, the pump is neat and clean and AFAIK, fuel at HP is generally better than BP or IOC. I may be wrong though. Filled at this pump only once.

The other one/s i regularly use are, the HP pump on Karve Rd - good service, hardly any cheating incidents ever heard.

Pump opposite Agri college- Owned by a sardar. The cleanest and most popular pump ive seen till now. Opens up quite early too.
Old 6th March 2011, 11:04   #210
Senior - BHPian

Anybody tried the new Indian Oil bunk in Hinjewadi ? Have they started accepting cards ? Its on the other side of the old HP pump near Wakad bridge.
I have mostly stuck with shell for the past few months.

But ever since I read this posted by maverick79 in the shell thread :

Quote:
Yesterday, Filled up petrol worth 500 bucks. Shocked to see the price per litre is Rs. 69.5
The price difference is now too much for me and will go back to state owned cos from now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks