Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2023, 21:01   #286
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to protect your car from THEFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi, what lock did you choose? I recently got a Brezza ZXI+ AT and I'm in same boat as you were looking for a reliable lock.
If you can get someone coming from abroad to get you Club Twin, Tevlaphee or Disklok, you should definitely get one of those. Else Yarich is the best i thought.
nitin_vish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 23:09   #287
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
When I park at not so safe places, I carry some fuses/relays with me. Mostly it's the fuel pump and/or starter motor related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi, Has anyone tried to remove ignition switch as anti theft measure in new Brezza? Is this a right method to prevent theft? There are two ignition switches one rated at 40A and other at 50A.Fuse puller given in fuse box looks smaller to pull them. Is it necessary to remove both fuses to prevent the car from starting?
can you pls help to check if I'm doing this right?
Old 26th September 2023, 13:36   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
hi Guys, just curious - wont this void the warranty ? Also, how will you get access to your own car, if that switch is turned off?
According to the SA of Hyundai, it will, if they find the switch

Accessing the car won't be a problem, you are not locking your car shut with the switch, just the ignition won’t come on. Imagine installing another switch between your mains and your MCB in your house, till you turn it on, MCB would not get power.

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th September 2023 at 18:56. Reason: A small typo
Neomobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 13:46   #289
BHPian

Can any expert update this thread with links to currently available options like steering locks that are good? And also include details about Farady box, RFID shielding key pouch and their usefulness.
A section on telematics and how to use them securely and prevent hacking would also be good as most cars are coming with these. If there are posts about these elsewhere kindly point me to them. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks