Old 7th October 2010, 12:17   #376
BANNED

Daytime pics of the rooflining and the ORIGINAL GERMAN Tail lights

Last set of Pending work

1) Original type seat covers and door pads
2) Install the original German Headlight assembly
3) Fix the original Door handles
4) Change over to cross ply tyres
5) Get an original VW Blaupunkt radio ( A good friend from T-BHP is getting me one from Germany sometime soon )
6) Install the Firewall
7) Install the Engine bay dust rubbers
8) Fix the indicator stalk assembly

Hopefully, with all the above work, i might be able to get my Bug close to being PERIOD and ORIGINAL. Hope so.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1276.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1277.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1279.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1280.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1278.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1282.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1281.jpg  

Old 7th October 2010, 19:28   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Guys,

Here's presenting

1) The original type roof lining
2) Original pear shaped mirrors (Thanks to my friend Pankaj (Beetleboy) )
to the best of my info, the mirrors with Pankaj are not genuine VW ,but repro stuff. Of course the type of mirror is correct for 67 model
Old 9th October 2010, 18:59   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Daytime pics of the rooflining and the ORIGINAL GERMAN Tail lights

Last set of Pending work

1) Original type seat covers and door pads
2) Install the original German Headlight assembly
3) Fix the original Door handles
4) Change over to cross ply tyres
5) Get an original VW Blaupunkt radio ( A good friend from T-BHP is getting me one from Germany sometime soon )
6) Install the Firewall
7) Install the Engine bay dust rubbers
8) Fix the indicator stalk assembly

Hopefully, with all the above work, i might be able to get my Bug close to being PERIOD and ORIGINAL. Hope so.
one small doubt regarding the Interior Dome light, the one in your car is it the ROCKER type.?
Old 9th October 2010, 19:03   #379
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
to the best of my info, the mirrors with Pankaj are not genuine VW ,but repro stuff. Of course the type of mirror is correct for 67 model

The packing box says Germany, but i may be wrong, anyways, it does not bother me, as it serves the purpose, the original type

Quote:
one small doubt regarding the Interior Dome light, the one in your car is it the ROCKER type.?
The interior light is Switch Type, came only on Aug - October 67 Beetles with Highback Seats.

The same lights also found its way into the 67 Fastbacks also but only upto 68.

My cars Birth certificate is on its way, later i should be able to get the facts right.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 9th October 2010 at 19:04.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:11   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The packing box says Germany, but i may be wrong, anyways, it does not bother me, as it serves the purpose, the original type

The interior light is Switch Type, came only on Aug - October 67 Beetles with Highback Seats.

The same lights also found its way into the 67 Fastbacks also but only upto 68.

My cars Birth certificate is on its way, later i should be able to get the facts right.

A fellow bhpian had contacted him for a mirror and Pankaj had informed him that it was not genuine VW but REPRO.

Last edited by v12 : 10th October 2010 at 11:04.
Old 9th October 2010, 22:01   #381
BHPian

Quote:
[quote=PAVAN KADAM;2100179]The packing box says Germany, but i may be wrong, anyways, it does not bother me, as it serves the purpose, the original type

A fellow bhpian had contacted him for a mirror and Pankaj had informed him that it was not genuine VW but REPRO.
Well, actually, I lied.

no offense to whoever it was who contacted me, but my standard reply to anyone who contacts me with a generic "what german parts do you have?" query is "I have none".

Apart from the repro parts that I do have, I have a very very limited stock of used and new german parts, which I purchased when I was abroad and I reserve them for cases where I'm assured that the parts will be fixed onto cars, rather than stored for resale.

I assume that anyone who contacts me without a particular list of parts is someone who'd just hoard these parts and resell later, and I prefer not to go ahead.

Again, no offense to the T-bhpian who contacted me. If you really need german parts for your car, pls contact me with a list, and I shall try to fulfill it from my stock or via my friends abroad.

Pankaj
Old 9th October 2010, 23:04   #382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebulletboy View Post
Well, actually, I lied.

no offense to whoever it was who contacted me, but my standard reply to anyone who contacts me with a generic "what german parts do you have?" query is "I have none".

Apart from the repro parts that I do have, I have a very very limited stock of used and new german parts, which I purchased when I was abroad and I reserve them for cases where I'm assured that the parts will be fixed onto cars, rather than stored for resale.

I assume that anyone who contacts me without a particular list of parts is someone who'd just hoard these parts and resell later, and I prefer not to go ahead.

Again, no offense to the T-bhpian who contacted me. If you really need german parts for your car, pls contact me with a list, and I shall try to fulfill it from my stock or via my friends abroad.

Pankaj

Pankaj,

I appreciate your gesture.

You have helped a few like minded people or Enthusiasts with the excess stock you had.

Its better that way, so that the prices of your spares remain Re 1. from point A to point B. Also T-BHP does not entertain Dealers using this forum for their business opportunity.

I have sent out your list to the Bangalore Beetle Club Members, few of them will get in touch with you for spares. Me and my other friends who have picked up few spares from you are happy with the quality and its prices.

Thanks once again.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 9th October 2010 at 23:08.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:26   #383
BANNED

Leaving the off-topic discussion aside, today i imported a fuel pump for the Beetle. The older one developed a leak, and i felt its a goner, but only the screw thread had gone and my mechanic gave me a good news saying we can bore a new thread and its usable. BUT only after i got a new one.

Anyways, a new fuel pump goes in and that solves my problem.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1299.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1300.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th October 2010 at 11:29.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:53   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Leaving the off-topic discussion aside, today i imported a fuel pump for the Beetle. The older one developed a leak, and i felt its a goner, but only the screw thread had gone and my mechanic gave me a good news saying we can bore a new thread and its usable. BUT only after i got a new one.

Anyways, a new fuel pump goes in and that solves my problem.
BROSOL is a brazilian manufacturer of FUEL PUMPS .
The original fuel pump which came on Wolfsburg manufactured VWs were made by PIERBURG (germany) and NOS VW pierburg Fuel pumps although rare are still available . They are heavy duty stuff and long lasting.
Of course being german, they do not come cheap like the brazilian pumps.
Old 13th October 2010, 14:38   #385
Senior - BHPian

here are the photos of RED and AMBER tails lens which has now surfaced in the market.Note that it has no logos of the OE manufacturer nor place of manufacture but there is VW part NO and VW and audi logo .There is no BOX typical of many REPRO parts. This is similar to the MILLICENTO(TORINO ) lenses now abundant in the market.
Here also the price quoted is near to that of genuine NOS HELLA GERMAN -Rs.3000/- for the pair
Buyers beware!!
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-tld.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by ajay99 : 13th October 2010 at 14:40.
Old 13th October 2010, 20:47   #386
BANNED

Quote:
here are the photos of RED and AMBER tails lens which has now surfaced in the market.Note that it has no logos of the OE manufacturer nor place of manufacture but there is VW part NO and VW and audi logo .There is no BOX typical of many REPRO parts. This is similar to the MILLICENTO(TORINO ) lenses now abundant in the market.
Here also the price quoted is near to that of genuine NOS HELLA GERMAN -Rs.3000/- for the pair
Buyers beware!!

I would put it this way.

The price is good, if we are getting this part, which infact is presently difficult since the NOS are pricey.

People can buy these replacement lenses, if the quality is good,to complete their restoration.
Old 13th October 2010, 20:56   #387
BHPian

Ajay,
Interesting info/warning. Looks like the repro makers are getting savvier at putting markings on their products that make it look more genuine.

Pavan,
There's one mod you can do to the replacement pump to make it better. The pump lever on the replacement is plastic vs. the metal one on the original pierburgs. If you can find a old failed pierburg, you can remove the metal lever and replace the plastic lever in the newer repro ones.
B
Old 13th October 2010, 21:05   #388
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
Ajay,
Interesting info/warning. Looks like the repro makers are getting savvier at putting markings on their products that make it look more genuine.

Pavan,
There's one mod you can do to the replacement pump to make it better. The pump lever on the replacement is plastic vs. the metal one on the original pierburgs. If you can find a old failed pierburg, you can remove the metal lever and replace the plastic lever in the newer repro ones.
B
Very interesting Byas.

My old pump is Pierburg, which will be ready tomorrow, will be re-installing the original one in few days.

Presently i have 2 Pierburg fuel pump working 3 others not working,and 2 Brand new Brosol. I have lot of choices you see.

BTW, when will i be able to see you in town with your Beetle.
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:44   #389
BANNED

As they say, idle mind is devils workshop

Just one small leaking exhaust made me down the whole engine, and now i had lot of task to be done before the engine goes in.

1) Imported the firewall rubber - Installed
2) Imported the enginebay dust rubbers - Installed
3) Clean the engine and the tins - Will be done tomorrow.
4) Imported the new gearbox mounts - Will be changed tomorrow
5) Imported the new Engine beddings - Will be changed tomorrow

Some pics
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1438.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1443.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1442.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1441.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 22nd October 2010 at 20:46.
Old 1st November 2010, 18:53   #390
BANNED

Nostalgia Year-2000

Sitting with the family and viewing old albums, just bumped on these old photos.

Lot has changed in 10 yrs, but my passion for this car has never changed a bit, it only grows on me every day.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1571.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1572.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1574.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1577.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1578.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1581.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_1580.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks