Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
hi, here are some pics when we had a bus in Bangalore, wonderful college days
Quote:
and hera re some more on the way to mysore
Awesome old pics., IPG!!

Bangalore sure looked like a fun place for long drives back then. Nice bus too- do you recall where the place of regn. in the RC was mentioned btw? As MDJ is a Madras state (before it was renamed as TN in the 70s) regn.

Also, on a lighter note, the pic. with the gent posing with the horns placed on his head made me think of giving one caption just for that- Sing (horn in Hindi) is King!!
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:47   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Awesome old pics., IPG!!

Bangalore sure looked like a fun place for long drives back then. Nice bus too- do you recall where the place of regn. in the RC was mentioned btw? As MDJ is a Madras state (before it was renamed as TN in the 70s) regn.

Also, on a lighter note, the pic. with the gent posing with the horns placed on his head made me think of giving one caption just for that- Sing (horn in Hindi) is King!!
thanks sir, and very well said ,Bangalore was very nice as the traffic was not as its now,and MDJ is Hosur regn ,the bus was with a christian missionary hospital,not an ambulance but a 9 seat pattern, have many memories with this bus and is still with me, we drove her to ludhiana in my second year of graduation,will try finding some pics of that journey,and again ,clicking pics was not as frequent as is now, as we all have handy mobile cameras, with no 36 exposure role issues,ha ha,finally thanks for the qoute Singh is king and that gentleman is none else but me, pic was clicked on our way to mysore, as we deflected into a village just for adventure and had a nice time
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:18   #693
BANNED

Quote:
thanks sir, and very well said ,Bangalore was very nice as the traffic was not as its now,and MDJ is Hosur regn ,the bus was with a christian missionary hospital,not an ambulance but a 9 seat pattern, have many memories with this bus and is still with me, we drove her to ludhiana in my second year of graduation,will try finding some pics of that journey,and again ,clicking pics was not as frequent as is now, as we all have handy mobile cameras, with no 36 exposure role issues,ha ha,finally thanks for the qoute Singh is king and that gentleman is none else but me, pic was clicked on our way to mysore, as we deflected into a village just for adventure and had a nice time
Wow Gill jee", Those are some awesome photos

Now...! Will you be kind enough in letting us know what happened to that Bus......, is it still with you..?
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:43   #694
Senior - BHPian

Here is one bug next to my house, not for sale

Classic Volkswagens in India-dsc06942.jpg
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:41   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Wow Gill jee", Those are some awesome photos

Now...! Will you be kind enough in letting us know what happened to that Bus......, is it still with you..?
MDJ is Hosur regn ,the bus was with a christian missionary hospital,not an ambulance but a 9 seat pattern, have many memories with this bus and is still with me, running perfect,allthe interiors in c seat covers and head liner, dash etc are still original
we drove her to ludhiana in my second year of graduation,will try finding some pics of that journey,
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:37   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Here is one bug next to my house, not for sale

Attachment 392258
If I were you, I'd be banging my head on the wall too. Lol.

On a more serious note, it doesn't look like the Bug's being used. Is it a runner?
Old 25th July 2010, 20:22   #697
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I saw a lovely Beetle today - Red colour, Left Hand Drive, Registration number was either MRA or MRG. Saw her at Mahim, Mumbai.

Does anyone know whom this one belongs to ??

The guy and me, exchanged glances and waved at each other. But I was a bit "Haeraan- pareshaan" with some problems, and couldn't go across to say Hi to him.. Whoever you are, buddy you have a lovely Bug there !
Old 25th July 2010, 22:42   #698
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Guys, I saw a lovely Beetle today - Red colour, Left Hand Drive, Registration number was either MRA or MRG. Saw her at Mahim, Mumbai.

Does anyone know whom this one belongs to ??

The guy and me, exchanged glances and waved at each other. But I was a bit "Haeraan- pareshaan" with some problems, and couldn't go across to say Hi to him.. Whoever you are, buddy you have a lovely Bug there !

Did it have a roof Carrier... and White wall tyres.....?

If yes. It belongs to our member RandomUserName - Santaji Shirke.
Old 25th July 2010, 23:26   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did it have a roof Carrier... and White wall tyres.....? If yes. It belongs to our member RandomUserName - Santaji Shirke.
Hey no, this one didn't have any of the above.. I've seen Santaji's car up close !!
Really dying to find out who this was ..
Old 26th July 2010, 09:15   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Did it have a roof Carrier... and White wall tyres.....?

If yes. It belongs to our member RandomUserName - Santaji Shirke.
Never knew Sataji Shirke's car has been coloured to Red
Old 26th July 2010, 11:08   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

It was probably one of these 2 cars I guess.

Classic Volkswagens in India-0001.jpg

Classic Volkswagens in India-0003.jpg
Old 26th July 2010, 21:35   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
It was probably one of these 2 cars I guess.
]
I think it was the second one - the one without the rear spoiler.. But somehow I still feel I'm not quite there.
Any clues, I going mad wondering who it was.
Old 27th July 2010, 10:50   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I think it was the second one - the one without the rear spoiler.. But somehow I still feel I'm not quite there.
Any clues, I going mad wondering who it was.
If it is the 2nd one it belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Mahim. He has bought this car about a year back. A K Hangal the bollywood stars brother was the 1st owner of this car. Although, he bought this from another gentleman who is more famous for playing Piano at the famous Taj Hotel in Colaba. It is a 72 super beetle with an original sunroof.
Old 27th July 2010, 20:30   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
If it is the 2nd one it belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Mahim. He has bought this car about a year back. A K Hangal the bollywood stars brother was the 1st owner of this car. Although, he bought this from another gentleman who is more famous for playing Piano at the famous Taj Hotel in Colaba. It is a 72 super beetle with an original sunroof.
Thanks ! I saw the car in Mahim itself (I live there too !). Please convey my greetings to the lucky man.
Old 29th July 2010, 17:09   #705
BHPian

Hello friends iam searching for a scrap beetle shell or may be the rear half with an intension to make a trailer for my beetle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks