Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2010, 19:17   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I would request you to read the post by me above in this page where i have requested someone not to make such comments on it. I is not very positive and becomming on your part to make such comments on other peoples cars. If they want to use it as a parts car or restore it its THEIRS to do it. We may not agree but its not healthy for you to say this about other people's cars.
First of all please check what you are writing I didnt understand what you meant by ""I is not very positive and becomming on your part""
please read manikjeets post that it has ended as a parts car.
Also I was under the impression that this was a democratic forum and we can voice our genuine opinion here.
if someone can say it can be a project car ,why cannot I voice my view?

Last edited by ajay99 : 12th June 2010 at 19:19.
Old 12th June 2010, 22:47   #617
Senior - BHPian

So when the forum is meant for voicing, let me also jump in the boat.

Let we use used parts from scrapyard, let we use repro parts, let we recondition the parts of our car, it's our wish, we are not selling our cars and are not in the business of the same. And if we sell too, the fact is there we are not hiding.

If it is my car, its my wish how I want to have her, not by choice of any literate expert.
Old 13th June 2010, 10:51   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

Let we use used parts from scrapyard, let we use repro parts, let we recondition the parts of our car, it's our wish, we are not selling our cars and are not in the business of the same. And if we sell too, the fact is there we are not hiding.

If it is my car, its my wish how I want to have her, .
to that , who said it is not like that in the first place .One can do anything to his car please refer to, in which context I had said it is best as a parts car(which it eventually ended up )
Old 13th June 2010, 11:27   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

If it is my car, its my wish how I want to have her, not by choice of any literate expert.
manishalive,
what you said is perfeect in the sense that we can use reconditioned or new parts or import costly parts from abroad but a few days ago I had gone along with a local mechanic to Thoothukudy near Tinnevelli to a mechanic who had 3 old cars for sale .He was talking big big things abot his restoration effort and that he uses original imported parts and all and so the price he is asking is worth it.
But very close inspection by mechanic found that he had used reconditioned parts and used even low quality cheap paint/primer etc.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:23   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
manishalive,
what you said is perfeect in the sense that we can use reconditioned or new parts or import costly parts from abroad but a few days ago I had gone along with a local mechanic to Thoothukudy near Tinnevelli to a mechanic who had 3 old cars for sale .He was talking big big things abot his restoration effort and that he uses original imported parts and all and so the price he is asking is worth it.
But very close inspection by mechanic found that he had used reconditioned parts and used even low quality cheap paint/primer etc.
Ajay and Kishore Chetta,

For some selfish business minded persons the whole tribe is getting bad name, there are people like us who have interest and passion for these Automobiles. And bye the way welcome back on the forum.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:47   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would request you to read the post by me above in this page where i have requested someone not to make such comments on it. IT is not very positive and becomming on your part to make such comments on other peoples cars. If they want to use it as a parts car or restore it its THEIRS to do it. We may not agree but its not healthy for you to say this about other people's cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
First of all please check what you are writing I didnt understand what you meant by ""I is not very positive and becomming on your part""
please read manikjeets post that it has ended as a parts car.
Also I was under the impression that this was a democratic forum and we can voice our genuine opinion here.
if someone can say it can be a project car ,why cannot I voice my view?
I saw manikjeet's post and i have corrected my post as well. The thing is we can have our own views but there are different ways to put it across. My opinion only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
the car was a donar vehicle
helped in restoring 3-4 other beetles
Thank you for that information. Could we see the pics of these 3-4 cars you have mentioned please.
Old 14th June 2010, 22:34   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
the car was a donar vehicle
helped in restoring 3-4 other beetles
Manikjeet,

Is there anything left in the car that can be given away?

Regards,

Srisha
Old 17th June 2010, 13:29   #623
BHPian

here are some pics from my album,the visit to Germany, exclusively to attend a vw show,in Oberwolfach, a freiend there lended me his car as i took my car plate, put it on a 58 bug and got a chance to drive her in the beautiful hills of black forest total being 375 kms the total no of cars were 245 the event was for 4 days,in the pics is a tin beetle presented to me for coming so long way, made of solid tin weighs 1.165 kg,
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-1.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-2.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-3.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-4.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-5.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-6.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-7.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-8.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by inderpalgill : 17th June 2010 at 13:44.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:51   #624
BHPian

all the vw frens there why noy plan a vw club of India and have an annual event @ vw plant on the birthday of vw in june, will the vw support,what say

hi sid, chek the similar deck lid in the pics

Note from Mods : Please try to use punctuation and capitalization properly. Take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2010 at 16:43. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 17th June 2010, 18:41   #625
Senior - BHPian

This is a pic of a Beetle seen in the 2008 Auto jumble any idea what model is it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-untitled2.jpg  

Old 17th June 2010, 20:09   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a pic of a Beetle seen in the 2008 Auto jumble any idea what model is it ?
It looks like a 1969 model .definitely post67 model
Old 17th June 2010, 23:23   #627
BANNED

Quote:

Thats a Brazilian 1971 -72, 1303. With a 1300 cc Twin port engine.

A nice car with lots of features of a Super Beetle.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:40   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
hi sid, chek the similar deck lid in the pics
Yes I did see Inder. Which is why I was all the while mentioning it is an original VW design and have seen the same in atleast 3 bugs in India itself. Personally believe it was a One year experiment which probably did not got well with the end consumers and they resorted back to the original design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thats a Brazilian 1971 -72, 1303. With a 1300 cc Twin port engine.

A nice car with lots of features of a Super Beetle.
It is a 1970 German 1302 Super Beetle (yes it has McPherson Strut suspensions)....what in the world made you feel it is a Brazilian made? Belongs to a dear friend of mine.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2010 at 16:39. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:06   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Yes I did see Inder. Which is why I was all the while mentioning it is an original VW design and have seen the same in atleast 3 bugs in India itself. Personally believe it was a One year experiment which probably did not got well with the end consumers and they resorted back to the original design.
Sid, those extra vents are definitely later modifications. You can see many variations of these vents added later, in many styles. Probably helped to increase cooling, who knows. You can also see the Indian and German car vent patterns don't match.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:38   #630
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
It is a 1970 German 1302 Super Beetle (yes it has McPherson Strut suspensions)....what in the world made you feel it is a Brazilian made? Belongs to a dear friend of mine.
Your friend does not have the 1600cc Super Beetle.

For your information.

1) 1302 Super Beetle - 1285 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension , and standard equipment

2) 1302 L Super Beetle - 1285 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension, and luxury equipment

3) 1302 S Super Beetle - 1584 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension, disc brakes at front, and Standard equipment (1971-72 model)

4) 1302 LS Super Beetle - 1584 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension, disc brakes at front, and Luxury equipment (1971-72 model)

5) 1303 Super Beetle - 1285 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension, curved windshield, new dashboard, and standard equipment (1973-77 model)

6) 1303 A Super Beetle - 1285 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension, curved windshield, new dashboard, an Economy model with poor equipment (1974 only model)

7) 1303 L Super Beetle - 1285 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension, curved windshield, new dashboard, and Luxury equipment (1973-77 model)
1303 S Super Beetle - 1584 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension, curved windshield, new dashboard, disc brakes at front, and Standard equipment (1973-77 model)

8) 1303 LS Super Beetle - 1584 ccm dual port engine, strut front suspension, curved windshield, new dashboard, disc brakes at front, and Luxury equipment (1973-77 model)

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 18th June 2010 at 11:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks