Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 22:06   #526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What a joke, someone knows more about my Bus than me, myself.

All these days i was under the impression that i was running a original 34 PICT VW Carb. But this news

Sir I would say just let the matter go.We know the real value of these cars and know how to nurture them.Some people just don't know how to appriciate things.You know and I know what goes into getting them on the road.So on a lighter note just ignore these small matters and carry on doing the great work .

Last edited by v12 : 7th February 2010 at 12:11.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:58   #527
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Sir I would say just let the matter go.
Yes sir. IGNORED

One more nice VW in the club.

This Beige 66VW is a great example for originality, every nut/bolt/screw and even paint is original. Has the original Becker radio and a perfectly working sliding roof also. Only eyesore being those ORVM's

The other Blue 66VW also is good, but not as original as the beige car, but still a good example.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-p061209_10.43.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-66lhd-033.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-download.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 5th February 2010 at 23:01.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:29   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This Beige 66VW is a great example for originality, every nut/bolt/screw and even paint is original. Has the original Becker radio and a perfectly working sliding roof also. Only eyesore being those ORVM's

The other Blue 66VW also is good, but not as original as the beige car, but still a good example.
Wow congrats for one more bug.

One thing that caught my eyes the moment i say the pics of the beight car and that is the side (door)rear view mirrors.Are they ment for this car?I am not saying that it isn't original.It may just be a period accessory.I found a pic of a 1966 VW beetle on the net and compared and say the mirrors were different.I am attaching a pic of it.Please shed some light on this.

No offence meant on what you said.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-p061209_10_43.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-vw_beetle.jpg  

Old 6th February 2010, 11:04   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Those are both lovely bugs. The first one as you say looks mint, I cant believe that is original paint. Besides the mirrors, I would say the stickering too can be removed.

Are you sure it is a 66?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Wow congrats for one more bug.

One thing that caught my eyes the moment i say the pics of the beight car and that is the side (door)rear view mirrors.Are they ment for this car?I am not saying that it isn't original.It may just be a period accessory.I found a pic of a 1966 VW beetle on the net and compared and say the mirrors were different.I am attaching a pic of it.Please shed some light on this.
Yes indrojit, thats why Kadam said "Only eyesore being those ORVM's" (outside rear vierw mirrors).

Incidentally the reference picture you have posted is of an 'Ultima Edicion' - dating to 2003.
Old 6th February 2010, 14:24   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a joke, someone knows more about my Bus than me, myself.

All these days i was under the impression that i was running a original 34 PICT VW Carb. But this news
My friend did not even know that it was your bus when he saw it in that garage,but he mentioned very clearly that it was having a Zen carburretor when it was involved in the fire mishap.
It may be correct that you are having a 34PICT carburretor with you /and you may have later replaced it.

Last edited by v12 : 6th February 2010 at 20:51. Reason: Quoted "comment" deleted and hence post edited.
Old 6th February 2010, 15:03   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir. IGNORED

If the statement in bold above is substantiated by Karl,Prabhal,etc I would say" HATS OFF"' to kadamjee.
Firstly the 66 VW sedans came with oval headlights not round.
second,the hubcaps are that of post67 models.
third, the wheel discs are 4 lugs,when 66 models came with 5 lugged wheel discs.
four,the bumpers are post67 bumpers(it should be blade bumpers with towel rails)
There may be more non original things which can be said only after seeing the interior/engine bay photos.
Please dont get angry with me for pointing these out and lament''This guy seems to know more about the car than its owner"".I fully understand and appreciate the time,money,effort involved in maintaining/restoring classic cars, but only when people make Bold and Boastful statement like this car' 'is one of a kind"" ''nut to bolt original"' etc , we are compelled to point out the deficiencies which are strikingly visible.
Old 6th February 2010, 16:38   #532
BHPian

This car is not in India, saw it on my recent trip to the US, in San Francisco. The guide said it's a 1965 Karmann Ghia...is that right? Just posting it here for the VW lovers...
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-dsc01374.jpg  

Old 6th February 2010, 18:35   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
This car is not in India, saw it on my recent trip to the US, in San Francisco. The guide said it's a 1965 Karmann Ghia...is that right? Just posting it here for the VW lovers...
it is a Ghia , year I am not sure, but definitely seems a mid sixties one
Old 6th February 2010, 19:53   #534
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Those are both lovely bugs. The first one as you say looks mint, I cant believe that is original paint. Besides the mirrors, I would say the stickering too can be removed.

Are you sure it is a 66?
Thats a 1970 US spec Bug karl, was typing with the other 66 bug in mind and just continued typing the same for the Beige one also.

He has the original mirrors but somehow does not want to touch the car of its present settings. Even the mural stickering came when he got the car.
Old 6th February 2010, 20:28   #535
BANNED

How did i forget to mention about Mr Nagappa's car here.

Presenting Mr Nagappa (MD of Stumpp Scheule & Somappa Group) and his 1956 oval window.

Again a very clean and period car, have not come across another better car of this vintage.

Has a 1131 cc 25 hp, reliable and rugged engines.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-p061209_10.32.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-p061209_10.33.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-p061209_10.32_01.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-p061209_10.33_01.jpg  

Old 6th February 2010, 20:54   #536
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, lets cool down. Lets not argue about anyones carb unless there is some certainity in it. Have edited the posts to keep away any off-topic arguments.

Note to all : Keep "bugging" this thread.
Old 6th February 2010, 22:46   #537
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Guys, lets cool down. Lets not argue about anyones carb unless there is some certainity in it. Have edited the posts to keep away any off-topic arguments.

Note to all : Keep "bugging" this thread.
Sirjee, IGNORE IT.

Here's one Teaser
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-p020210_17.42_01.jpg  

Old 6th February 2010, 23:31   #538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
That's a '65 Karmann Ghia alright. And she's gorgeous! White walls and all! Great catch, Sidman!
Old 6th February 2010, 23:39   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Yes indrojit, thats why Kadam said "Only eyesore being those ORVM's" (outside rear vierw mirrors).
Sorry Kadam and karl i'm not to familier with the short form lingo.Kindly excuse me for the ignorence.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:06   #540
Senior - BHPian

Inrojit ORVM - Outside Rear Vew Rear Mirror - not sure if it is exact but mostly so

Mr Nagappa's car has been mentioned/captured earliar and so were the pics since the pics have been repeated I can say she is really a great car and orignal and seems to be a complete orignal unlike some of the other cars which I personally think are me-toos that blue one/its owner can safely say mine is bumper to bumper complete car - but he won't because proof is in the pudding.

Hate the stickers & OVRM's no matter what on the beige car looks cheap and needs to go centuries ago

Last edited by canonball : 8th February 2010 at 16:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks