Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 17:22   #1531
BHPian

Thanks for clarification Sujith & Karthik.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:26   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Please clarify one thing guys. Does attaching a sun shade requires drilling holes in the aluminum roof gutters?? Or is there any thing/activity involved which is non reversible in the car.
BTW the air vents on S1 were made to accommodate more air inlet for the bigger radiator.

Last edited by samsag12 : 7th April 2010 at 18:27.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:31   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Please clarify one thing guys. Does attaching a sun shade requires drilling holes in the aluminum roof gutters?? Or is there any thing/activity involved which is non reversible in the car.
BTW the air vents on S1 were made to accommodate more air inlet for the bigger radiator.

I too need to know this. As fas as Arun said, you just fix it to the roof gutters and no alterations required. So it is a complete reversible process.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:35   #1534
Senior - BHPian

OK so its a reversible process. But i have seen a car which sported this shade and while getting it ready for paint the shade was removed. The gutter trims suffered a lot and they had dings and deep impressions on both the sides. This is why i was confirming. But IMHO if it is reversible then there is no problem.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:18   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK so its a reversible process. But i have seen a car which sported this shade and while getting it ready for paint the shade was removed. The gutter trims suffered a lot and they had dings and deep impressions on both the sides. This is why i was confirming. But IMHO if it is reversible then there is no problem.
Yes Sagar, the gutter trims get pressed when a SunShade is fixed.

Karthik: I think you need to store a set of Gutter trims too from Stephens Square!
Old 7th April 2010, 20:09   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Yes Sagar, the gutter trims get pressed when a SunShade is fixed.

Karthik: I think you need to store a set of Gutter trims too from Stephens Square!

Sure. I will try and get a set for my S1 if I make up my mind to install the Sun Shade.

Guys, any negatives of having the sun shade? Does it affect the aero dynamism?
Old 8th April 2010, 11:45   #1537
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Sure. I will try and get a set for my S1 if I make up my mind to install the Sun Shade.

Guys, any negatives of having the sun shade? Does it affect the aero dynamism?
definitely it affects car Aerodynamics, it is not made for highway use. you'll lose your car's top speed, for City use, it's ok. but it was a technology before the sun film or tinted glass was introduced. and all our cars are equipped with foldable sun shade from inside that can also be tilted to side ways. More over it doesn't look good on S1, if you fix that for President we are happy because it gets classic looks. no advantages of having external sunshades. be careful, if you drill any holes on pillars, it attracts rusting.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:04   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
definitely it affects car Aerodynamics, it is not made for highway use. you'll lose your car's top speed, for City use, it's ok. but it was a technology before the sun film or tinted glass was introduced. and all our cars are equipped with foldable sun shade from inside that can also be tilted to side ways. More over it doesn't look good on S1, if you fix that for President we are happy because it gets classic looks. no advantages of having external sunshades. be careful, if you drill any holes on pillars, it attracts rusting.

Karthik, you seem to have a lot of points why I shouldnt use it for my S1. Some of them I never thought about. I kind of tend to agree with you. I think it would be best to use it on my President than the S1. I will just hold off this idea. Thanks again!!!
Old 8th April 2010, 12:27   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Karthik bhai do you have music system installed in your S1??
Old 8th April 2010, 12:29   #1540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karthik bhai do you have music system installed in your S1??
Yes, I do. It has an MP3 player that was part of a friends Zen before. I have put the rear speakers from my Maruti 800, which I hardly use. It also has a 12 CD changer
Old 8th April 2010, 12:32   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Whoa.. thats some serious setup. BTW where did you put the external antenna?? Whats your opinion on fitting a Daewoo Cielo antenna on the rear fender. I am fed up of changing the Maruti Omni ones so looking out for some alternatives.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:51   #1542
BANNED

FCB Boys:

When is the Club's next Rally/Meet? Looking forward to attend the next meet.

Some suggestions from me:
1. The Anniversary Meet was fabulous. Keep it that way SIMPLE and without any other guests/chief guests who are not interested in Fiats.

2. Lets not commercialize the Club by taking Formal Fees and Membership levels etc.

3. Share the expenses among all the members. Why only you guys burn the pockets! Let it be a non profit club just for true Fiat enthusiasts.

4. Interact with the members whenever you are free and not only during Club Meets.

5. Invite the family too of FCB members and make the event a Full fledged family event.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:08   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
FCB Boys:

When is the Club's next Rally/Meet? Looking forward to attend the next meet.

Some suggestions from me:
1. The Anniversary Meet was fabulous. Keep it that way SIMPLE and without any other guests/chief guests who are not interested in Fiats.

2. Lets not commercialize the Club by taking Formal Fees and Membership levels etc.

3. Share the expenses among all the members. Why only you guys burn the pockets! Let it be a non profit club just for true Fiat enthusiasts.

4. Interact with the members whenever you are free and not only during Club Meets.

5. Invite the family too of FCB members and make the event a Full fledged family event.
Who are you and what car do you own FiatMyLife? Did you attend the rally this time?

If no:
- We dont know what chief guest means? Why did you think so?
- There was never a formal fee. Whatever was collected this time was the actual costs for breakfast, parking and CD. In fact after all calculations, we founder members still had too pool in money. We do it gracefully.
- Share expenses among members? Thats what we did.
- We try do do so. Many are working professionals and cant meet everyone. Rally is the reason to socialize.
- We always do invite family.

If you attended the rally:
Who were you and where were you and did you really see the events that took place?

I request you not to post anything blindly.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:04   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Thank You FiatMyLife for your suggestions.

Karthik Makam: Why so serious? Whats wrong in what he said.? Think Positive.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:20   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Oops! Never intended to sound harsh or rude. Some words like membership fee irked me at that moment. My sincere apologies if sounded harsh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks