Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2010, 21:02   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, fantastic pictures and write up The grille, emblem, foglights, and stickers are making your car look mighty awesome.
- I envy you for being able to make trips like these , man !!
Keep it up !

Last edited by SuperSelect : 16th May 2010 at 21:04.
Old 16th May 2010, 21:17   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Karthik, fantastic pictures and write up The grille, emblem, foglights, and stickers are making your car look mighty awesome.
- I envy you for being able to make trips like these , man !!
Keep it up !
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I have a little different attitude when it comes to my Fiats and NE's. I do collect parts like everyone else. But what I feel unlike many others is, drive it whenever possible to where ever possible and how ever possible. One may say, the car may not last longer as compared to many who take care of it like a collectible. For me, how long the car lasts, I dont care as long as I have enjoyed the drives to my hearts content. However, I try and collect as much as parts (including some backup fiats and NEs) to prolong its survival. I am little different.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:26   #1683
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I have a little different attitude when it comes to my Fiats and NE's. I do collect parts like everyone else. But what I feel unlike many others is, drive it whenever possible to where ever possible and how ever possible. One may say, the car may not last longer as compared to many who take care of it like a collectible. For me, how long the car lasts, I dont care as long as I have enjoyed the drives to my hearts content. However, I try and collect as much as parts (including some backup fiats and NEs) to prolong its survival. I am little different.
i have the same attitude towards my vehicles. i love driving and riding it more then keeping it like a show piece when they are alive.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:40   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
i have the same attitude towards my vehicles. i love driving and riding it more then keeping it like a show piece when they are alive.
Like minds we have dude!

I refer to the present period of time with respect to our Fiats as the "Honeymoon period" very often. It is the perfect time for driving, stocking parts and restoring Fiats. Once the Mumbai taxis are phased out, the production of parts by the small time manufacturers will decrease/stop drastically. Who knows during that time, most may be more reluctant to use their Fiats to preserve/protect it to make it live longer or for ever. By this, you will only enjoy the possession. Nothing like using a Fiat for EVERY daily activity!

Until then, lets live the best days Fiating!

Last edited by funkykar : 16th May 2010 at 22:42.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:57   #1685
Senior - BHPian

The best thing about Padmini is that we need not bother much of the cosmetic bits getting damaged. Even the mechanical parts are easily available and thanks to our contacts in Gujiri that almost any mechanical/cosmetic parts can be easily procured.

Now even I am tempted to start using my Fiat for daily drives.

Old Fiats like Mille/Selects can just be used as collectibles cos of the risk of their cosmetics getting spoilt.

Instead of spending a lakh in buying a Classic Fiat, I would prefer buying 5 Padminis'. And there is enough demand for Classic Fiats, so there are collectors who want to buy them.

Regarding FCB's motto of saving Fiats, I feel we should concentrate on saving Padminis more cos no Classic Fiats are broken these days. We should even consider saving 118 NEs as they are also a Fiat(Fiat 124!). If Padmini can be called as a Fiat then a NE too can be called as a Fiat.

Karthik Makam: Lets start including more NEs too in our Club with the hope that we can save some NEs from getting scrapped.
Old 16th May 2010, 23:05   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Now even I am tempted to start using my Fiat for daily drives.

Regarding FCB's motto of saving Fiats, I feel we should concentrate on saving Padminis more cos no Classic Fiats are broken these days. We should even consider saving 118 NEs as they are also a Fiat(Fiat 124!). If Padmini can be called as a Fiat then a NE too can be called as a Fiat.

Karthik Makam: Lets start including more NEs too in our Club with the hope that we can save some NEs from getting scrapped.
You have 2 Fiats now! What are you waiting for? Park the Alto in the shed and lock it up for a couple of years. Start Fiating

I would love to see more and more NE's in our club. I will be the happiest person to help and see NEs restored/rescued. You made my day Arun!
Old 16th May 2010, 23:18   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have 2 Fiats now! What are you waiting for? Park the Alto in the shed and lock it up for a couple of years. Start Fiating
Why lock it up? I will sell it and buy Fiat parts, which will be enough even for my children.

Quote:
I would love to see more and more NE's in our club. I will be the happiest person to help and see NEs restored/rescued. You made my day Arun!
I want you to take the initiative and start inviting NE owners too. Yes I too will help you! We have your two NEs, Joy's NE, Mr. Kannan's NE and Jatin's 124. So lets start building these numbers.
Old 17th May 2010, 00:26   #1688
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Why lock it up? I will sell it and buy Fiat parts, which will be enough even for my children.

I want you to take the initiative and start inviting NE owners too. Yes I too will help you! We have your two NEs, Joy's NE, Mr. Kannan's NE and Jatin's 124. So lets start building these numbers.
@makam, you have 2 NEs and 2 fiats. till now i have not seen all at a time. i don't know what arrangements you make it to bring all the 4 cars together in the next club meet. i want all your cars except 800 to be present in the meet.
@Arun, you also make some arrangements to get both your fiat cars.
Old 17th May 2010, 00:55   #1689
BANNED

Lovely pictures man, I love driving on those divider-less roads. You feel the speed in them and improves you driving skills too.

When shall we go in our fleet of Fiats on such a trip ?
I have got a new wiper motor man !! Will fix it then
Old 17th May 2010, 09:05   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats the spirit Arun.
Getting my 2 NE's, Joy's NE, Mr. Kannan's NE and Jatin's 124 is nota difficult task. Will make happen this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
@makam, you have 2 NEs and 2 fiats. till now i have not seen all at a time. i don't know what arrangements you make it to bring all the 4 cars together in the next club meet. i want all your cars except 800 to be present in the meet.
@Arun, you also make some arrangements to get both your fiat cars.
S1 and 2 NE's can make it fine Karthik. President is not in running condition, thats an issue for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Lovely pictures man, I love driving on those divider-less roads. You feel the speed in them and improves you driving skills too.

When shall we go in our fleet of Fiats on such a trip ?
I have got a new wiper motor man !! Will fix it then
We can go once the monsoon sets in. It would be a beautiful monsoon drive. Rain for atlast 50% travel is ensured. Yes, its amazing to drive on a single road, overtaking and keeping an eye for traffic from opposite side is a nice feeling.

Last edited by funkykar : 17th May 2010 at 09:06.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:36   #1691
Senior - BHPian

A Fiat owned by a very elderly couple (definitely in late 70's or early 80's) in Jayanagar. They are visible at the background, not very clear though. They use the Fiat for every day to day activity. They were very passionate about Fiats and were overjoyed knowing about our love to Fiats and FCB.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img0040a.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img0042a.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img0043a.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img0044a.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img0045a.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img0046a.jpg  

Old 18th May 2010, 00:07   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
A Fiat owned by a very elderly couple (definitely in late 70's or early 80's) in Jayanagar. .........were overjoyed knowing about our love to Fiats and FCB.
Must say a very well kept and original car. Even at this age and with deteriorating reflexes if he can keep his car scratch free then, i think i need a driving lesson. Original grille and indicator lenses, this car has it all.
Beautiful.
Just add the whitewalls and the picture would be complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-u2254.jpg  

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 18th May 2010 at 00:10.
Old 18th May 2010, 00:39   #1693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A Fiat owned by a very elderly couple (definitely in late 70's or early 80's) in Jayanagar.
Wow, this is a rather rare one from the early 80s with the 'honeycomb' front grille! Ages since I've seen one of these! This colour too is correct for these models IIRC. I bought a similar grille off a scrap car couple of years ago.

I guess the only non-original aspect on this car is the lack of the front quarterglasses. Because this model surely had them.

@MCB: Nice pic.! 'looks like the test-track of PAL factory? I wonder if Behram Dhabhar is driving one of those cars!
Old 18th May 2010, 00:52   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! such a fantastic car. seems like as if its has been delivered today from showroom. I salute uncle and aunty for the true love and passion for the car. The way they are maintaining the car I guess at this age I am no par with them. This arouses the feeling of restoring a Fiat to the core.

Last edited by chanu : 18th May 2010 at 00:53.
Old 18th May 2010, 05:41   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, this is a rather rare one from the early 80s with the 'honeycomb' front grille! Ages since I've seen one of these! This colour too is correct for these models IIRC. I bought a similar grille off a scrap car couple of years ago.
My white Padmini Economy too came with the same grill! I have collected two of them from gujiri.

Quote:
I guess the only non-original aspect on this car is the lack of the front quarterglasses. Because this model surely had them.
Shyam, the car was bought by the old man after his retirement. The car is COMPLETELY stock with Modistone tyres and driven JUST 22,000kms!! Not a panel is repainted. I will post some high resolution pics. I am sure it is some '88 model or so. The tail lamps are original Sunax make! So I really doubt if it had the quarter glass.

Last edited by arun1100 : 18th May 2010 at 05:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks