Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 00:18   #1816
Senior - BHPian

To be New born

Wishing the to be New born club all the very best from FCCH, and hope to see lot of enthusiasts coming together to live their passion called FIAT.
Old 4th June 2010, 00:24   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
The 118NE CLUB BENGAURU [NECB], officially invites all the members of FCB for the inauguration of NECB, which will mark its Foundation day. Details of the meet are given below:

Date : Sunday, 6th June 2010
Time : 1100Hrs (11am)
Venue : Central Library, Cubbon Park, Bangalore

FCB members owning 118NEs will be automatically granted membership in NECB. And members who don't are always welcome to participate in NECB Meets and Rally.

Thanking Team-FCB for the support

Drive SAFE

Founders
118NE CLUB BENGALURU
Thank you very much Sujith on posting the invite on behalf of NECB. Thanks FCB for the unconditional support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
So another club in Bangalore NECB.Congrats guys.You all show tremendous spirit of fraternity.
Yes sir! I will start a very detailed club thread very soon.
Old 5th June 2010, 21:44   #1818
BHPian

hi fbians how many ne have you managed is it just the formation or any rally after that
Old 5th June 2010, 22:09   #1819
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial.s.a View Post
hi fbians how many ne have you managed is it just the formation or any rally after that
It the 1st day, 1st meet. Will lay the foundation stone on sunday.
May be all may go for a small drive. Please be present sir from FCB
Old 5th June 2010, 22:35   #1820
BHPian

Hi guys!!
Just want to share this video of a Premier Padmini licking an Octavia :
docel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2010, 00:21   #1821
Senior - BHPian

I am all excited for the 11AM NE meet. So much that I am sleepless. Hope to see a lot of FCBians too. We are keeping this a low profile event. Once we start the club tomorrow, we will follow it up with a meet/rally of 118 NE cars.

Hope to see you too Imperial sir!
Old 6th June 2010, 02:47   #1822
BANNED

Hey you new club will share its foundation with planet Earth. Its Earth day today, congrats on that. But we guys will be polluting the environment with our car right ?
Why don't we have a tree planting ceremony to mark the club's day ?
Old 6th June 2010, 08:48   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Hey you new club will share its foundation with planet Earth. Its Earth day today, congrats on that. But we guys will be polluting the environment with our car right ?
Why don't we have a tree planting ceremony to mark the club's day ?
Yes, the older cars tend to pollute more. Atleast we have the emission tested periodically and we have kept hem in proper order.

Yes, I am game to plant some trees.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:45   #1824
BHPian

Ohh no, older cars do not pollute more at all. The pollutants realeased by our cars are simple compounds like co , so2, no2.There do exist ways to neutralize these compounds. But newer cars have a lot of plastic content in them. A lot of toxic waste is released in producing them. once scrapped the plastic will sit in the landfills releasing toxins into our watertable. Most of these toxins cant be neutralized so i think new cars pollute a lott more

Infact in my opinion this is the real battle environmentalist should be fighting, getting rid of old cars and replacing them with new ones does more harm to the environment than keeping them running. But if we actually start asking all the right questions , the new car industry will take a big hit and so will the economy, govt's of no nation wants that.

So guy take pride in the fact that by keeping your old car running you are saving the environment , while the nutter next door driving the accord, too pleased with himself just cuz he own a euro 4 car is doing far more damage to the environment.

ps:The above statement was made with the asumption in mind that people maintain their old cars well and they dont leave behind a cloud of smoke everytime their engines are started

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 6th June 2010 at 10:47.
Old 6th June 2010, 14:25   #1825
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docel View Post
Hi guys!!
Just want to share this video of a Premier Padmini licking an Octavia :
YouTube - Premier Padmini V/s Octavia vRS
this padmini was fitted with isuzu diesel engine
Old 6th June 2010, 14:49   #1826
BHPian

I t sure is!!
Else how can a 1100 beat a skoda

There are many Fiats with a Gypsy engine in Bangalore. They are quite powerful too.

Lot of people have asked me about the engine in my Premier Padmini, on the highways. They are usually surprised that its a stock engine and on LPG.

The Fiat 1100 can do >160 with mods. It was the usual case in earlier Rally and Race circuits. People like Subhash have done 180+ on the tracks before their pistons came out of the exhaust.
Old 6th June 2010, 16:06   #1827
BHPian

From what i know it wasnt a diesel engine. it was contessa's 1.8l petrol isuzu with a turbocharger.The person who modified this car is on tbhp. I remember reading his posts on the subject a year or two ago. Dont ask me to give you a link i dont remember which thread it was in and who the person was.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:50   #1828
BANNED

Premier 118 NE Club was successfully launched. All the three NEs expected arrived.

Karthik Makam will soon post the link of the NECB thread here. Thank you Mr. Sherief of FCB (Imperial s.a on team bhp) for for spending four hours with us.

FCB's next rally is proposed to be held on 27th June 2010. More details soon.

Regards,
Arun S
Old 6th June 2010, 23:30   #1829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docel View Post
I t sure is!!
Else how can a 1100 beat a skoda

There are many Fiats with a Gypsy engine in Bangalore. They are quite powerful too.

Lot of people have asked me about the engine in my Premier Padmini, on the highways. They are usually surprised that its a stock engine and on LPG.

The Fiat 1100 can do >160 with mods. It was the usual case in earlier Rally and Race circuits. People like Subhash have done 180+ on the tracks before their pistons came out of the exhaust.
wow!! wow!! wow!! 160 with mods and 180 on tracks. I could hardly reach 100 on my PP though stock. Docel you must be doing magic on a PP (premier padmini) that too with LPG. We are priveledged to have to here sir.
Old 6th June 2010, 23:30   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
Ohh no, older cars do not pollute more at all. The pollutants realeased by our cars are simple compounds like co , so2, no2.There do exist ways to neutralize these compounds. But newer cars have a lot of plastic content in them. A lot of toxic waste is released in producing them. once scrapped the plastic will sit in the landfills releasing toxins into our watertable. Most of these toxins cant be neutralized so i think new cars pollute a lott more

ps:The above statement was made with the asumption in mind that people maintain their old cars well and they dont leave behind a cloud of smoke everytime their engines are started
Very well said! You just viewed this from an altogether different angle. I tend to agree on this too now. In older cars, just badly maintained or badly tuned cars tend to pollute more. Everyone has to put in a conscious effort just to ensure our cars are polluting the least possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
Premier 118 NE Club was successfully launched. All the three NEs expected arrived.

Karthik Makam will soon post the link of the NECB thread here. Thank you Mr. Sherief of FCB (Imperial s.a on team bhp) for for spending four hours with us.

FCB's next rally is proposed to be held on 27th June 2010. More details soon.

Regards,
Arun S
I will create a very detailed thread on the NE club Bangalore. I am still awaiting couple of sets of pictures that were taken today. Thanks FCB founders and members for the hearty support we received today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks