Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 23:34   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCB has got a new member!

A Blue 1964 Super Select, in super mint condition. Owned by Mr. Srinivas of Jeep Thrills. OTR guys will know him well. Recent Bangalore OTR where BD Sir too was present was held in Mr. Srinivas's Land.

He has kept the Fiat very well as he is a Mechanical Engineer. He has promised to help us in our future restoration projects. He stays very close to Karthik Makam's house.
Its indeed a beutiful car. Fully original. It has been repainted couple of times with its original period color. It has clocked over 2 lakh kilometers and has travelled every nook and corner of India without any issues at all. Mr. Srinivas also has a spare engine for it. Its Mr. Srinivas's grand dad's car and has been taken care just like a family member. Car was covered today and did not click pictures.

We will be meeting him some other time when he is free and will spend some time with him and check out his car.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:55   #1562
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Its indeed a beutiful car. Fully original. It has been repainted couple of times with its original period color. It has clocked over 2 lakh kilometers and has travelled every nook and corner of India without any issues at all. Mr. Srinivas also has a spare engine for it. Its Mr. Srinivas's grand dad's car and has been taken care just like a family member. Car was covered today and did not click pictures.

We will be meeting him some other time when he is free and will spend some time with him and check out his car.
Oh Man, love to see such cars, especially cars with meters clocked above 2lakh kms. hats off to fiat engines.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:29   #1563
Senior - BHPian

I was always dreaming to buy one of the three Fiats Resting in peace in Bangy.

First one is a 1967ish Delight parked in a house compound for more than a decade in Frazer Town. Today I see the compound neatly cleaned and the Delight is missing. Wonder what happened to it.

Second one is a Fiat 1100 R!. Was lying on the road in Indranagar for few years. This car too is missing since few days.

Third one is a Super Select. luckily the car is still on the road outside a construction site near Ulsoor Lake. Very neat body line. Few original parts missing. Seeing a SS in white for the first time!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc02103.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc02104.jpg  

Old 13th April 2010, 21:37   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was always dreaming to buy one of the three Fiats Resting in peace in Bangy.

First one is a 1967ish Delight parked in a house compound for more than a decade in Frazer Town. Today I see the compound neatly cleaned and the Delight is missing. Wonder what happened to it.

Second one is a Fiat 1100 R!. Was lying on the road in Indranagar for few years. This car too is missing since few days.
Its time for FCB to start an investigation on this matter. Atleast find what happened, for tracking purpose. I hope it has atleast reached safe hands.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:46   #1565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Third one is a Super Select. luckily the car is still on the road outside a construction site near Ulsoor Lake. Very neat body line. Few original parts missing. Seeing a SS in white for the first time!
Arun, sad to hear about the other 2 fiats missing!
Good to see this one still around. Definitely worth picking up but I can see from the regn. its a Madras car. Would it be feasible to trasnfer into your name?Or maybe the owners have paid the KA tax and thus retaining the Madras number?

Anyways, I would really be happy when you end up with an "OHH REE GEE NAL 1100" fiat! Good luck!
Old 13th April 2010, 21:50   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Arun/Suji/MB: We also have news of a Super Select, may be for sale in my area. Not in very good condition, and is disintegrating quickly. Srinivas told us the other day. I guess we need to check it out too.

Last edited by funkykar : 13th April 2010 at 21:51.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:52   #1567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Arun, sad to hear about the other 2 fiats missing!
Good to see this one still around. Definitely worth picking up but I can see from the regn. its a Madras car. Would it be feasible to trasnfer into your name?Or maybe the owners have paid the KA tax and thus retaining the Madras number?
I was about to ask you about the regn number. Will try to speak to the owner tomorrow.

Quote:
Anyways, I would really be happy when you end up with an "OHH REE GEE NAL 1100" fiat! Good luck!
Shyam I too love to own one. Currently having problem at home to buy a old car specially if its badly rusted and all. So I bought the grey Padmini.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:06   #1568
BANNED

One more S1 pic at my mechanics place
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-p060410_17.44.jpg  

Old 14th April 2010, 07:40   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
One more S1 pic at my mechanics place
Good one! Like the wheeks. Is it floor or column shift?
Old 14th April 2010, 23:38   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was about to ask you about the regn number. Will try to speak to the owner tomorrow.

Shyam I too love to own one. Currently having problem at home to buy a old car specially if its badly rusted and all. So I bought the grey Padmini.
If it's not the rusting issue, you can have my car any given day. With my work requiring too much of travel, i am hardly finding any time for her :O{.

And the one White Super Select (Could be select also), you have posted is a repaint and the oly good thing about her is the Brand new White wall tyres :O}

Last edited by manishalive : 14th April 2010 at 23:41.
Old 14th April 2010, 23:47   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
If it's not the rusting issue, you can have my car any given day. With my work requiring too much of travel, i am hardly finding any time for her :O{.
You are sounding bit sad! Try Kannan once man. He will surely help you. We all can request him to restore your car.
Old 15th April 2010, 08:06   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Manish:
Where is your car presently? Is it under covered parking?

Arun:
Yesterday in the heavy rains, I noticed that water is entering through the wind shield beading on my S1. At the bottom, at the corners. I also noticed that the shelf was wet. I got to replace the beading ASAP. Where is it available and is there a specific brand I need to pick? How much does it cost?
Old 15th April 2010, 08:26   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manish:
Where is your car presently? Is it under covered parking?
Yes. Its parked in his Apartment basement.
Quote:
Arun:
Yesterday in the heavy rains, I noticed that water is entering through the wind shield beading on my S1. At the bottom, at the corners. I also noticed that the shelf was wet. I got to replace the beading ASAP. Where is it available and is there a specific brand I need to pick? How much does it cost?
I too noticed it. The brush you kept below the glove box was wet.
Old 15th April 2010, 08:30   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Its parked in his Apartment basement.

I too noticed it. The brush you kept below the glove box was wet.
Any idea which brand I should get and where is it available?
Old 15th April 2010, 09:20   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea which brand I should get and where is it available?
Arild was OE. Wonder which make is available now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks