Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 20:31   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Ram garu you forgot my picture with you guys :(
Balaji, I am extremely sorry that I could not post earlier, thanks to my Hectic schedule at work and throwing a Major accident in my already busy schedule due to which I could not post earlier.

Here are the uploaded snaps at last
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-20100214_001.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-20100214_002.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-20100214_003.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-20100214_004.jpg  

Old 18th February 2010, 00:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks shiva for uploading my pictures and sorry for taking your time from your busy schedule. Hope everything is fine now. Even I fell sick but this time apart from the FIAT fever viral fever aswell.

Logo work is in progress and waiting for the day to be launched at Charminar.

I have seen a Fiat and its a delight few days ago in red/some what orange colour with steel plated embossed number plate reading I guess ADY ???? at vijaynagar colony, beside the cafe the road which leads to masabtank flyover, unable to take pic as it was congested due to traffic but next time sure snap shot Oh! what a beauty she was, and will also try and speak to the owner and get that beauty to our stable.

How about collecting a data base of fiat owners who are intrested and have a reference, ya we can also take the mechanics help, what say guys?

Last edited by chanu : 18th February 2010 at 00:57. Reason: .
Old 18th February 2010, 01:07   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Balaji, I am extremely sorry that I could not post earlier, thanks to my Hectic schedule at work and throwing a Major accident in my already busy schedule due to which I could not post earlier.

Here are the uploaded snaps at last
Very colorful, loved the color combo of both your cars.
1st meet 3 Fiats, not bad. Reach out to people who don't use the Internet to like some senior citizens, call and invite all members as possible.

As of now these trade secrets are enough or your bill will run high
Old 18th February 2010, 01:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
1st meet 3 Fiats, not bad. Reach out to people who don't use the Internet to like some senior citizens, call and invite all members as possible.

As of now these trade secrets are enough or your bill will run high
Ya you are right Sujith 1100 to start with its a good number and periodic models, Need more the bigger the better.
Old 18th February 2010, 01:45   #50
BANNED

Posts Pictures of FOUNDERS with their FIATS, details on 1st Meet. Even we didn't do it initially but later did like this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1717195
Old 18th February 2010, 03:22   #51
BHPian

Hey guys,

I am from Kerala. I have a 1967 FIAT1100D and the third owner. Looking at the Kerala RC book, it looks like the original reg was in AP. The number there was ABD 1100..I would like to know who was the orginal owner.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya you are right Sujith 1100 to start with its a good number and periodic models, Need more the bigger the better.
I know many Fiat owners..atleast 10 of them,who are regular participants at our DHAA Rallys.
Im sure we will get more numbers for the next meet.
Old 18th February 2010, 11:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I know many Fiat owners..atleast 10 of them,who are regular participants at our DHAA Rallys.
Im sure we will get more numbers for the next meet.
Wonderful sir so I am happy about this, I am sure it should be a memorable event to happen. We need to contact them Once the day is finalised.
Old 21st February 2010, 16:17   #54
BHPian

Congrats Hillram, Let the Fiat glory spread all over the world. Premier Padmini club of Kangayam, wishes you a great Fiatfull year a head.
Old 21st February 2010, 16:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
feeling terribly Sorry Naru for the sad end your gave to the car which served 30 yrs faithfully and as you said your dad "almost cried" atleast you should have respected his centiment.

Your narration gave me a feel that you have tried your best to get rid of the car and here we are trying our best to get them new life with an admiring, faithfull owners anways gone is gone.

If you are feeling sorry about what has happened (if so) no problem atleast you can be an admirer of fiat from now and you can stand for the magnificant machines which has become an integral part for many people.
Hey, don't get me wrong, no offence meant to Fiat lovers.

The car had gone to pieces waiting in the garage for me to turn 18. It was beyond salvaging when we junked it. (it was only in respect to dad's sentiment that it stood unused in the garage for years )

I'm actually pushing one of my good friends to buy a used GTX. In fact, any leads towards that end will be greatly appreciated

Congrats on your club, and if we can lay hands on a GTX, rest assured, we'll start a Delhi chapter.
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:48   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
The car had gone to pieces waiting in the garage for me to turn 18. It was beyond salvaging when we junked it. (it was only in respect to dad's sentiment that it stood unused in the garage for years )

I'm actually pushing one of my good friends to buy a used GTX. In fact, any leads towards that end will be greatly appreciated

Congrats on your club, and if we can lay hands on a GTX, rest assured, we'll start a Delhi chapter.
Sad to hear the condition of your dad's car! As I'd stated earlier, it must've gone too bad, being one reason why you'd scrap it.

Forgive my ignorance (I seldom update myself on newer cars! ) but by GTX, do you mean Palio?? Well, although technically it is a fiat, it doesn't really fit into the definition of classic, unlike these fiats that make up the backbone of such clubs. Palio/GTX being a newer and far more readily available car, one neednt necessarily be pushed to buy one, nor start a club for it.
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

What's that?

GTX or GTS... I never heard about that I know GTO from Ford & GTS from Rajdoot aka Bobby.
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's that?

GTX or GTS... I never heard about that I know GTO from Ford & GTS from Rajdoot aka Bobby.
Fiat Palio GTX was introduced in India by Fiat for a brief period,which sported a 1.6 litre petrol engine with 100 BHP.For a hatch back it was awesome power and today they are rarely seen.
I used to own one till last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-palio-gtx.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2010, 20:50   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Fiat Palio GTX was introduced in India by Fiat for a brief period,which sported a 1.6 litre petrol engine with 100 BHP.For a hatch back it was awesome power and today they are rarely seen.
I used to own one till last year.
Ram, though I dont recall if this car was posted here earlier, it is obvious that it would be yours, whether you mentioned it or not!
Old 24th February 2010, 01:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Ooh! Ram garu see I missed out some great info, sexy looking car ...very neat. My younger brother has a 1.2 petrol palio, its awesome we did Mysore to Hyd 10 hrs 30 min in heavy down pour, its sheer performer and again as some ones signature says FIAT IS GOOD. FIAT IS THE BEST.

My brother is also going to take part with his Palio, another member to the club. Hurray!!

My uncle has a 1985 PP he brought it from Vijayawada showroom after selling his Morris Minor (I wish I was there) I will convince him to take part in our event.

Last edited by chanu : 24th February 2010 at 01:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks