Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:14   #2401
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Which bluetooth equipped helmet is good for calls? Budget is not fixed, but for sure, not above 20K.

It is for a friend and a BHPian and he would prefer to try it out. please suggest shop and brand in Guwahati/Delhi.

Thanks
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:19   #2402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Which bluetooth equipped helmet is good for calls? Budget is not fixed, but for sure, not above 20K.

It is for a friend and a BHPian and he would prefer to try it out. please suggest shop and brand in Guwahati/Delhi.

Thanks
There are no Bluetooth equipped helmets in india at least.

Get any lid which has a recess inside for speakers to get installed.

Then buy yourself a bluetooth helmet kit from sena, cardo, or the many that are available in aliexpress which also work equally well. A sena in india will set you back by 10k at least. The more basic version. An mt lid will be about 7 or 8k. The aliexpress versions will cost about 3-4k.

Head over to highnoteperformance for sena.

Installation is diy, and very easy.

My recommendation? Buy a lid for 15-17k (the best you can afford - the shark in delhi falls in that bracket) and spend the rest on an aliexpress comm unit.

Last edited by Red Liner : 3rd August 2017 at 10:21.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:27   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Which bluetooth equipped helmet is good for calls?
The best thing would be to buy a Sena bluetooth headset. It offers independence as you can clamp it on any helmet. The audio and intercom quality is unmatched. They are however on the pricey side. The cheapest one I think is the 20S (roughly 16k). It has an advertised range of 1.2 miles, built in FM radio, hands-free calling and intercom with 8 other riders. So LS2 or Arai - you'll always be connected.
Meccanico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 18:54   #2404
BHPian

I have used my Sena 10 and now the 10S for about 4 years now. Sound quality is unmatched and it's cheaper than the 20S. The 20S also has issues with battery and firmware which the 10 is immune to. In the US, it's works out to INR 9k. Here in India, it's 15k. You can buy this independent of the helmet and use it with any helmet.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 19:10   #2405
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
LS2 Bluetooth helmet : here.

If your friend already has some good helmet and is looking for Bluetooth facility, he can obviously go for Sena. But in the cost of a Sena, you get the whole new helmet.

So here's another good option from Aliexpress
1000M FM Motorcycle Intercom A2DP BT Bluetooth Wireless Waterproof Interphone Helmet Headset Earphone

Experience of a BHPian on the above here.

Last edited by iamahunter : 3rd August 2017 at 19:13.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 14:34   #2406
Team-BHP Support

My New Helmet:
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-28.jpg

Image Source from website.

MT Thunder3 SV Ray Matt Helmet (Orange)

My current helmet was almost seven years old. It has aged beautifully but every ride reminded me that while it may look really good, I cannot count on its ability to cushion my head.

So my last weekend trip to Chennai, took some time out to go to the Spartan Progear showroom at Utthandi. They have a beautiful showroom and very good sales guys. Anand who was in charge of the store was helpful and let me take my time. Best part was that I ended up buying this particular helmet because of some customer there. A very nice young man who spent time explaining these particular helmet models.

I wore this helmet to office. My first ride with it on.
Its quite comfortable. Wind noise is present but not bad. The only irritating factor is that the bottom part of the visor tends to foul my line of sight. I will get used to this in a couple of days.
The helmet is however a total attention grabber because of the orange streaks.
I chose this color as orange is my son's favorite.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 09:17   #2407
BHPian

Looks great value for money. Can you please share couple of pictures with you wearing the helmet from front and side.
Old 10th August 2017, 09:28   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meccanico View Post
The best thing would be to buy a Sena bluetooth headset. It offers independence as you can clamp it on any helmet. The audio and intercom quality is unmatched. They are however on the pricey side. The cheapest one I think is the 20S (roughly 16k). It has an advertised range of 1.2 miles, built in FM radio, hands-free calling and intercom with 8 other riders. So LS2 or Arai - you'll always be connected.
Personally, I'm using the Sena 20S on my MT helmet connected to three other Sena 20S on every weekend. It is fun to be connected especially considering its serious usability. The audio quality is good and covers fair distance on a clear straight highway. I haven't faced any issues with it so far with the battery or the firmware upgrades. Works just fine and easy to operate on the go too with its voice command feature, speed dialing etc.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 15th August 2017, 17:23   #2409
Senior - BHPian

dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 00:38   #2410
BHPian

That isn't a crash test, it looks more like hammer test Though I appreciate the team's effort in putting the helmets through the test as we do get an idea about the quality of the helmets in the market. But in 90% of actual crash scenario the point of impact will be distributed instead on a single point as shown in the video.
It will be interesting to see how the top brands like LS2, MT etc. will absorb such impact.
Old 16th August 2017, 12:38   #2411
BHPian

Got a MT Mugello for 4250/- for my brother-in-law couple of days ago from Probiker Pune. Found it to have reasonably good build with all basic features like removable liner, pin-lock visor, chin curtain and dual certification. I was looking at models like MT Stinger priced at 5000/- but didn't find any significant difference between both and found a better colour scheme in Mugello.

About Probiker, the manager is indeed very chatty but everything was good until payment when he insisted on 2% extra for credit cards and nothing extra for cash. If that was not irritating enough, he had all the logic of how MT isn't increasing prices and they are bearing GST and stuff. Left a bad taste for what was otherwise a good experience.
Old 17th August 2017, 12:16   #2412
BHPian

Guys any idea where can i get a tinted/smoked visor for my MT Axxiss?? I tried searching in bandra but couldnt find one. Not able to find on amazon too. Need a visor really urgently.
Old 18th August 2017, 09:55   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
Guys any idea where can i get a tinted/smoked visor for my MT Axxiss?? I tried searching in bandra but couldnt find one. Not able to find on amazon too. Need a visor really urgently.
Order from Spartan Pro Gear website. You usually get it delivered within 3 days.
Old 18th August 2017, 11:40   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
Order from Spartan Pro Gear website. You usually get it delivered within 3 days.

Just checked the website, sold out at the moment. Will try again later.
Old 1st September 2017, 10:28   #2415
Senior - BHPian

I need a helmet for my regular office commute and rides within the city. These rides would be between 10-30 km on any given day. Speeds not exceeding 80 kmph and more like 40-50 kmph most of the time. What is the cheapest ECE certified helmet that I can get in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks