Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2024, 23:12   #3991
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

I was scouring the internet for ECE 22.06 Certified helmets available in India, at a moderate price (Roughly the 15,000 INR Mark), as I plan to upgrade my helmet (RE Rebranded Axor Rage) sometime this year. I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few options listed below in no particular order. If anybody has any first-hand experience with any of these, please do share

1. Korda Shockwave - https://powersports.in/collections/f...id-matt-helmet

2. Korda Tourance - https://powersports.in/collections/f...id-matt-helmet

3. MT Thunder 4 - https://powersports.in/collections/f...ountain-helmet

4. Ignyte IGN 7 - https://ignyte.black/ign-7-ece/g-black.php

5. SMK Agnar - https://smkhelmets.com/helmet/full-f...r/agnar-solid/

One thing that I'm a little bewildered by is that the LS2 FF800 Storm, on the official LS2 India website, does not state anywhere that it is ECE.2206 Certified. In fact, it doesn't state that it is even ECE 22.05 Certified, which is quite concerning.

https://ls2helmetsindia.com/product/...black-rainbow/

The same helmet is sold as the LS2 Assault in other countries wherein the certification is mentioned. If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great. If you have more helmets to add onto the list, even better
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 09:41   #3992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
One thing that I'm a little bewildered by is that the LS2 FF800 Storm, on the official LS2 India website, does not state anywhere that it is ECE.2206 Certified. In fact, it doesn't state that it is even ECE 22.05 Certified, which is quite concerning.

https://ls2helmetsindia.com/product/...black-rainbow/

The same helmet is sold as the LS2 Assault in other countries wherein the certification is mentioned. If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great. If you have more helmets to add onto the list, even better
My LS2 storm 2 has the ECE 22.06 sticker on it. Its true that the LS2 india site just mentions the ISI rating and thats it. On 3rd party sites like GThouse etc they do mention the ECE rating.
aston_martyr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 09:57   #3993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
My LS2 storm 2 has the ECE 22.06 sticker on it. Its true that the LS2 india site just mentions the ISI rating and thats it. On 3rd party sites like GThouse etc they do mention the ECE rating.
I am also planning to get the same helmet. How is it? Any issues with wind noise at 80-100kmph?
scarn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 10:14   #3994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarn View Post
I am also planning to get the same helmet. How is it? Any issues with wind noise at 80-100kmph?
There is wind noise. I use pinlock earplugs, so i manage. But my head size is weird, ideally if i had gone a size below then it would have been better but it felt too tight. One of my riding mate is also using the same helmet, he does not use ear plugs and is okay with the wind noise as he does not cross 90 while touring. He listens to music on his cardo all day.
aston_martyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 10:18   #3995
BHPian

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few options listed below in no particular order.
2. Korda Tourance -

5. SMK Agnar -
Older Tourances were ECE22.05, if this is true then this is the most affordable ECE22.06 conformed helmet available in India. (It seems in December '23, they have updated this model)

Agnar, I assume, this is not launched in India yet!

I would suggest choose one from the following three (price descending)
1. MT Thunder 4 SV
2. LS2 FF800 Storm
3. Korda Shockwave

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 7th March 2024 at 10:20.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 12:04   #3996

Fellow BHPians, I need your advice. I need a replacement visor for my MT Hummer helmet. As it is not available where I live, I need to order it online. I don't really like the idea of ordering a fragile item like helmet visor online. While Powersports (authorised dealer of MT) customer care executive said that they take utmost care while packing and shipping all orders, their website says that they aren't liable if the product is damaged while in transit. Here's a link to their shipping policy,

https://powersports.in/pages/shipping-policy

Please advice me whether I should take the risk and order online or go buy it directly from a store.
SVS_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 14:41   #3997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS_23 View Post
Fellow BHPians, I need your advice. I need a replacement visor for my MT Hummer helmet. As it is not available where I live, I need to order it online.

Please advice me whether I should take the risk and order online or go buy it directly from a store.
I've ordered a dark visor for my MT Revenge 2 online from PSI (Power Sports International) without any issues. As it was not available locally!

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-17.jpg

If it's available at a store nearby, buy it offline.

Happy shopping,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 14:58   #3998

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
I've ordered a dark visor for my MT Revenge 2 online from PSI (Power Sports International) without any issues. As it was not available locally!

If it's available at a store nearby, buy it offline.
Thank you! Just placed an order for MT v14 clear visor on Powersports. Hoping to receive it intact (keeping my fingers crossed)! Will update once I receive the visor.
SVS_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 15:49   #3999
BHPian

Seems like there is an offer sale going on at Powersports for MT Targo Helmets. Don't know whether its a clearance sale. Helmet priced at 7,800 INR is sold for 4,500 INR. Check it out if anyone is interested.

https://powersports.in/collections/s...er.p.vendor=MT
Kottayamkaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 19:30   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kottayamkaran View Post
Seems like there is an offer sale going on at Powersports for MT Targo Helmets. Don't know whether its a clearance sale. Helmet priced at 7,800 INR is sold for 4,500 INR. Check it out if anyone is interested.

https://powersports.in/collections/s...er.p.vendor=MT
If anyone is picking these up, do make sure to check the date of manufacture. Most helmets are to be used for a maximum of 3-4 years on average before the EPS liner starts to deteriorate. For really good helmets, maybe about 5-6 years tops. Such a big price cut randomly seems concerning to me.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 19:58   #4001
BHPian

Quote:
If anyone is picking these up, do make sure to check the date of manufacture.
I have already ordered one. Will check the date once I get it.
Kottayamkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 22:05   #4002
Senior - BHPian

Picked up a new helmet purely out of curiosity. The Nexx helmet might not have the same pedigree as some of the big names in the game, but it's no slouch. Crafted by composite fiber gurus, the X.R3R boasts a shell that's a blend of fiberglass, aramid, and carbon, ensuring it's tough as nails yet light on the noggin. Aerodynamics? Check. Stability at warp speeds? You bet. And it's not just about going fast; this helmet keeps the noise down too, thanks to some smart ventilation tweaks and a nifty break-off spoiler.
On the safety front, Nexx doesn't mess around. FIM and ECE 22.06 certifications mean it's been put through the wringer and come out on top. Plus, it's got all the bells and whistles you'd expect: EQRS cheek pads, a Double D ring fastener, and Pinlock tech to keep your vision clear. But it's not just about protection – it's built for comfort too. The fit will suit most heads and has extras like speaker pockets (being track helmet) and a collarbone-friendly base. And those vents – four of them, strategically placed to keep the air flowing and the sweat at bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_4909.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 10:30   #4003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Picked up a new helmet purely out of curiosity. The Nexx helmet might not have the same pedigree as some of the big names in the game, but it's no slouch. ...
Thanks. Never heard of this brand. Where is it available, at what Cost?
Old 8th March 2024, 10:32   #4004

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
I've been looking to my tailor my small size LS2 Thunder Carbon to be a little smaller. Shops tell me that despite the XS and S sizes sharing the same shell, the XS padding won't fit in a S lid, because the buckles will be slightly off. At the very least I want some tighter cheeks to fix slapping on highways. However, I can't find any official cheek fillers in India but a shop suggested I get some custom tailored cheek filling done at some other local shop. Anyone have any experiences with this?
Did you try using a thicker balaclava? Usually it helps, I make my son (11yrs old) wear a thick skull cap (not the biking one), as even the S size helmet is quite big & lose on him.
Incase that doesn't work for you, try using a thick foam padded face mask (which was available in plenty during the peak Covid times) along with balaclava, which can act as a cheek filler. Note that you may need to wear the mask below your nose, else you may feel suffocation in this setup. You can also try stitching some foam pads to the balaclava (you may need a thicker good quality balaclava which can withstand the stitches) as a cheek filler.
All these are desi jugads, but might as well work for you in this case, if you are running out of options.
BreezeRiDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 12:20   #4005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Picked up a new helmet purely out of curiosity.
Congrats on new lid.

Quote:
On the safety front, Nexx doesn't mess around. FIM and ECE 22.06 certifications mean it's been put through the wringer and come out on top.
That's quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Never heard of this brand.
Nexx is quite known brand, here is an older post by Ricci.

Import restrictions since 2021 meant very few international brands reach Indian stores.

Quote:
Where is it available, at what Cost?
Sebring must have picked it up on his trip abroad.
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks