Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2024, 14:47   #4006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Sorry, unfortunately it is available in Europe right now. These guys were the pioneers in carbon tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Thanks. Never heard of this brand. Where is it available, at what Cost?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 21:10   #4007
Distinguished - BHPian

WhiskeyTangoFox, I wouldnt think too much about LS2 India's website not being updated. Last I checked, it didnt display the new LS2 Challenger helmet in its range, when the product is already available in different stores across India. My friend picked up one in Trivandrum and has been raving about its quality and ventilation. Deciding to see if it was a worthwhile upgrade from my FF800, I went to a couple of LS2 authorized dealers in HSR layout (Bangalore TBHPians know which ones they are!). One hadnt even heard about the model and the other was closed for half an hour because the sole sales representative had gone on a 'break'

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
I would suggest choose one from the following three (price descending)
1. MT Thunder 4 SV
2. LS2 FF800 Storm
3. Korda Shockwave
To add on to surjaonwheelz's excellent shortlist, I would say pick between the Thunder 4 SV and the FF 800 Storm. The Korda is a sub brand that slots in between the entry level Axxis helmets and the more expensive MT helmets. I doubt that the Shockwave could match the other two in terms of quality etc. That said, try and buy.

Meanwhile, I got to check out the new ECE 22.06 certified helmets from Royal Enfield which were launched along with the Shotgun 650. While they look nice sitting on the shelves of a dealership, the helmets are ridiculously heavy, more so towards the back of the helmet. With a listed weight of 1800 +/- 50 grams, these are 2 helmets that riders must avoid.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-1.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-2.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-3.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-4.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 00:16   #4008
BHPian

There is one more affordable LS2 that is ECE 22.06 certified. The Stream 2

https://ls2helmetsindia.com/product/...-black-red-06/

But for some reason they've gotten the model number wrong but the helmet in photos is the Stream 2 F808 from their international website. It has a similar KPA shell to the Storm and seems like a new affordable entrant. Their website is a mess.

https://ls2helmets.com/helmets/full-face/stream-ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kottayamkaran View Post
Seems like there is an offer sale going on at Powersports for MT Targo Helmets. Don't know whether its a clearance sale.
It could be. MT recently launched the Targo S internationally and it is an ECE 22.06 helmet and possible update to current Targo.

Last edited by b16h22 : 9th March 2024 at 00:33.
b16h22 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 14:49   #4009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Picked up a new helmet purely out of curiosity. The Nexx helmet might not have the same pedigree as some of the big names in the game, but it's no slouch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Thanks. Never heard of this brand.
Having owned the Nexx XR2 Carbon helmet for over 5 years (2015-2020) I can say that you are not going to regret this. They are a criminally underrated brand. The only issue is the lack of spares availability, spare liners, or some odd clips all of which wear out over time with usage.

After about 5 years of usage in all possible conditions, I retired mine only because the liners had worn in and helmets do have an expiry date after all, it's advised to retire them after 5 years of usage. I still have the shell with me and not a single issue on the exterior, the build quality is top-notch.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 17:49   #4010
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have been using this LS2 Storm 800 for almost a year now. I must say I am very very happy with the helmet. It is lightweight enough, silent enough, has enough ventilation and ticks all the boxes for me.
We don't have a store in Erode, hence I ordered online and got the helmet shipped to me. Though delivery was a bit delayed, I followed up via their whatsApp number and response was prompt.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20230614_043044_copy_2000x1500.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20230722_013042.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20230613_172739.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20230613_172758.jpg  

rajeevsulu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 17:54   #4011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Meanwhile, I got to check out the new ECE 22.06 certified helmets from Royal Enfield which were launched along with the Shotgun 650. While they look nice sitting on the shelves of a dealership, the helmets are ridiculously heavy, more so towards the back of the helmet. With a listed weight of 1800 +/- 50 grams, these are 2 helmets that riders must avoid.

Are these rebranded ignyte IGN7s? Looks a lot like it
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 20:28   #4012
BHPian

Has anybody tried the ARAI TourX5?

Is it available in India?

I am trying to source it, but I need to sure of the size. What better than to try and confirm.
Old 9th March 2024, 22:02   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Has anybody tried the ARAI TourX5?

Is it available in India?

I am trying to source it, but I need to sure of the size. What better than to try and confirm.
I doubt there's anybody who's selling ARAI over the counter / shop., barring the 'online only' stores like bikegear etc.

Your best bet is via riding groups. If you or your friend/known associates are part of superbike groups - then maybe you could request an existing Arai owner to help you try out their helmet. You usually won't go wrong with Arai sizing - so I guess you'd be better trying out TourX4/XD4 variant - since X5 is a latest launch.

You could also get in touch with Lanesplit who are in Delhi I believe who can help source one - this info is basis some of our Tbhp members who have bought from them.

Hope this helps!
TheVaas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 11:44   #4014
BHPian

I am trying to find what helmet is in the attached image. image is from https://powersports.in/collections/helmets and the copyright is with them.
Attached Images

Old 10th March 2024, 11:55   #4015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I am trying to find what helmet is in the attached image. image is from https://powersports.in/collections/helmets and the copyright is with them.
I think its axxis draken z96.
https://orionmotorsindia.com/product...-a5-gloss-red/
Old 10th March 2024, 17:12   #4016
Distinguished - BHPian

A little birdie tells me that Airoh's full range of helmets is expected to arrive in dealerships with the next few weeks. If anyone is thinking of picking up a new helmet, I would suggest to wait for these stocks to arrive before you make a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
Are these rebranded ignyte IGN7s? Looks a lot like it
I believe it is.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 19:27   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Here you go:

https://powersports.in/collections/f...41885160898736
Old 11th March 2024, 18:39   #4018
BHPian

Quote:

One thing that I'm a little bewildered by is that the LS2 FF800 Storm, on the official LS2 India website, does not state anywhere that it is ECE.2206 Certified. In fact, it doesn't state that it is even ECE 22.05 Certified, which is quite concerning.

https://ls2helmetsindia.com/product/...black-rainbow/
Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post

I would suggest choose one from the following three (price descending)
1. MT Thunder 4 SV
2. LS2 FF800 Storm
3. Korda Shockwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
WhiskeyTangoFox, I wouldnt think too much about LS2 India's website not being updated. Last I checked, it didnt display the new LS2 Challenger helmet in its range, when the product is already available in different stores across India.
Looks like LS2 read the posts Jk. They've updated their website to reflect the ECE 22.06 certification and have added a few new colourways as well, taking the total available colour options to 24

Another thing I noticed is that there are three "variants" listed:

1. FF 800 Storm
2. FF 800 Storm II
3. FF 800 Storm Evo

The Storm II is probably just the newer stock of helmets that have come in, but I don't know what the Evo tag stands for as I don't see any additional features listed. No change in price as well. Probably just referring to the colourways. I would have been happier if they added the Emergency Pull tabs and changed the locking mechanism to a Double D Ring. But, it is what it is
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 18:56   #4019
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Looks like LS2 read the posts Jk. They've updated their website to reflect the ECE 22.06 certification and have added a few new colourways as well, taking the total available colour options to 24

1. FF 800 Storm
2. FF 800 Storm II
3. FF 800 Storm EvO
I was just checking their website and was as amazed as you. Guess someone from LS2 is on the forum
Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 20:05   #4020
BHPian

Storm II was in stores in Sept 2023. I had picked one up. Here was my post :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-...ml#post5621980 (Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet)

Quote:

1. FF 800 Storm
2. FF 800 Storm II
3. FF 800 Storm Evo

The Storm II is probably just the newer stock of helmets that have come in
kap04 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks