Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 12:55   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

For Thor knee guard, one of the reviewer on amazon itself says that the knee cup needs a strap as it keeps sticking out when you bend the knee and does not offer much protection. That is not good at all. Guess you might have already seen it but still thought it worthy to mention on the thread. The other thing is the strap is not adjustable and has only one setting. This might be a bother for people with big/small legs than the setting can accommodate.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 16:17   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
For Thor knee guard, one of the reviewer on amazon itself says that the knee cup needs a strap as it keeps sticking out when you bend the knee and does not offer much protection. That is not good at all. Guess you might have already seen it but still thought it worthy to mention on the thread. The other thing is the strap is not adjustable and has only one setting. This might be a bother for people with big/small legs than the setting can accommodate.
You are right, it does not have a strap above the knee. I was basically looking it to wear inside the pants. For that typing wearing it should be fine.
Second you point you mentioned, the strap is not adjustable is something which i need to take risk of buying it and trying it.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:32   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
You are right, it does not have a strap above the knee. I was basically looking it to wear inside the pants. For that typing wearing it should be fine.
Second you point you mentioned, the strap is not adjustable is something which i need to take risk of buying it and trying it.
If you are wearing it inside the pant (assuming your normal day pants and not riding ones) and if the knee cup is sticking out, i think it might be uncomfy with the pant being stretched where it sticks out. I am just assuming in my mind's eye how it might be and posting. And like you say the adjustable strap thing is a low risk gamble.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 16:31   #664
BANNED

Where should i go to get a decent pair of riding gear in Chennai.
There should be a place in Chennai where you can get such stuff right.
No one has ever commented about it?
I first need to check my size on a decent brand of jackets so I can source the later ones from some other country.

I bit on the heavier side, and ridding in chennai. So which is the best Jacket and glove you guys can suggest me for an amount of Rs 10K - jacket an glove.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:44   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@naveen,
Not available locally.
I tried through to get from some seller from China but the product was not delivered due to some issue during transportation, so the seller returned the money.
I believe you also know that these boot covers do not cover at the bottom of the shoe.
Not sure about this one, but usually they do. Anyway, another option I use is use my waterproof boots for riding (haven't ridden when it rained yet) and keep a spare pair of shoes in office. Riding bike in rain is hazardous in US, nobody seems to notice you.
Old 16th September 2011, 19:33   #666
Senior - BHPian

Anyone with experience or own the GetOffUrAss saddle-bags? Looking to get them so that I can use it on the RE Thunderbird and the new Ceeber. Still waiting for the Ceeber, in a few days.
Old 16th September 2011, 20:37   #667
BHPian

Got Scoyco riding jacket and gloves.Great quality stuff with 8 pockets,6 air vents and water resistant.
The Riding Gear thread-scoyco.jpg
Old 20th September 2011, 16:06   #668
BHPian

Breezer 4.0(Dyna) vs RJays vs JK17

I will be probably taking the delivery of my Bike next month. I have shortlisted
Breezer 4.0 and Dyna (for wife) jackets from Cramster. How does the jacket compare with other options available like RJays or JK17 (from rawadventrues) ? My criteria are protection and build quality only. Style/look don't matter, budget capped at 10k.

Any suggestion on where to buy these in Delhi/Bangalore will be great as i don't want to buy them online.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:26   #669
Senior - BHPian

Re: Breezer 4.0(Dyna) vs RJays vs JK17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
I will be probably taking the delivery of my Bike next month. I have shortlisted Breezer 4.0 and Dyna (for wife) jackets from Cramster. How does the jacket compare with other options available like RJays or JK17 (from rawadventrues) ? My criteria are protection and build quality only. Style/look don't matter, budget capped at 10k.

Any suggestion on where to buy these in Delhi/Bangalore will be great as i don't want to buy them online.
From my personal experience i would suggest you to stay away from Cramster. The quality of their jackets and protective gear has hit rock bottom since some time now.

RJays are miles ahead in terms of quality, fit and finish, protection etc. than the cramsters. Speak to Zulfi from Bachoo Motors. Also look up performance racing store at this link. Orion motors in Blore is a stockist for both of the above but they generally are in short supply.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:50   #670
BHPian

Thanks aditya. Performance Racing Jackets are bit out of budget for me.
Old 21st September 2011, 16:32   #671
BHPian

Ordered a RJays Swift for self from Zulfi. Waiting for it to be shipped. Will pick up a jacket for Wifey next month. She likes Dyna even more than Le Mans II. Gloves for both and Helmet for her still pending.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:53   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gloves for both and Helmet for her still pending.
I'm not sure if you have shortlisted any brand of gloves. I highly recommend the DSG Revive gloves. Link.

Costs less than INR 2k and a superb VFM pair of gloves. I have been using them for almost 1.5 years/15,000 kms and they are nothing short of excellent.

The air vents on the fingers keep you cool even in hot summers and the kevlar/carbon fiber protection on the fingers and knuckles are robust and will protect you well.

Tip - always go for full leather gloves as they resist abrasion a lot better than other gloves like textile ones, etc.
n_aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 18:02   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm not sure if you have shortlisted any brand of gloves. I highly recommend the DSG Revive gloves. Link.

Costs less than INR 2k and a superb VFM pair of gloves. I have been using them for almost 1.5 years/15,000 kms and they are nothing short of excellent.

The air vents on the fingers keep you cool even in hot summers and the kevlar/carbon fiber protection on the fingers and knuckles are robust and will protect you well.

Tip - always go for full leather gloves as they resist abrasion a lot better than other gloves like textile ones, etc.
Thanks for the tip aditya. Are leather gloves, rain proof and sticky when wet ? I can tolerate heat to some extent but having slippery gloves with wet hands is not what i would want.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:14   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tip aditya. Are leather gloves, rain proof and sticky when wet ? I can tolerate heat to some extent but having slippery gloves with wet hands is not what i would want.
Leather gloves are available in waterproof form too. Check out Bachoo Motors. They have RJays waterproof gloves. I think DSG also has a waterproof glove called Aqua.

Although the revive gloves are not waterproof they do not become sticky or uncomfortable when wet. I rode down to Ooty once and was soaked to the bone from Bandipur all the way till Ooty. The gloves were soaked and i stuffed them with tissues when i reached the hotel. They were cold but dry the next morning. I did not have any discomfort riding with these soaked gloves.

Do note that waterproof gloves will have no ventilation so it will be hot to wear in dry weather. You will need 2 pairs of gear if you intend to ride in monsoons. One for monsoons and the other for summers.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:12   #675
BHPian

Aditya: What's your take on these:
AXO Pro Race Gloves : Black - 2,499.00Rs and Cramster MX3 ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks