Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 21:03   #37021
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
Just saw your location is not in India. Can you still suggest an alternative? Thank you.
I am in Norway and here is the link. I would have chosen the blue LEDs since people automatically thinks police and slow down but that is illegal here so I went for the orange lights. You may want to combine the red and blue if your police cars have red and blue lights.
You can also check out Amazon as I saw these first at Amazon US.

https://www.valostore.no/no/c/varsellys?page=1

Indian2003 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 19:54   #37022
BHPian

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 17:18   #37023
Distinguished - BHPian

A ruling party MLA Mr Jayant Gore's Fortuner SUV fell off the highway into a ditch on the Pune-Pandharpur highway. He and three others were injured.

https://twitter.com/ExpressPune/stat...YITSyLoWgG0PgA

https://mobile.twitter.com/ExpressPu...er=ExpressPune

Must have swerved out of control while driving due to some reasons.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 18:03   #37024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
This is not an accident, it is suicide by the driver.
Driving at 120Kmph on two lane highways holding a mobile in their hand is utter disregard to self.

Feel sorry for the truck driver who had to bear the brunt of the Creta driver's stupidity.

Last edited by speedmiester : 24th December 2022 at 18:05.
speedmiester is online now   (47) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 18:27   #37025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This deeply irresponsible law breaker deserves no sympathy whatsoever. My sympathy is with the hapless innocent truck driver who will face years of harassment by our police and court system.
V.Narayan is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 23:55   #37026
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with speedmiester. That is suicide by car. And for what, a live video of overspeeding? I guess the truck driver's career is also ruined even if he's blameless.

If the deceased person's family gets a decent lawyer and are predisposed to greasing some palms, the police will book the truck driver under some four or five sections of the IPC, and then no company might hire that driver even if it doesn't result in a jail sentence.
Small Bot is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 06:45   #37027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Either this guy actually wanted to commit suicide or he was absolutely stupid. There was so much of time to actually slow down and get back in line.

Feel extremely bad for the truck driver. There is no way to predict that kind of stupidty on the road
Turbohead is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 09:22   #37028

I know I am repeating this ad nauseum. Driving safe is a skill that not all and sundry can acquire easily. Rules of the road have to be followed reflexively. Example: When entering from a minor road to a major road you must stop, look and only proceed when the major road is clear enough of traffic for you to enter it. Of course, a well designed roadway system will help you do the same easily. Even then caution cannot be discarded. In India most road users (including pedestrian) seem clueless about it. I think this single and severe lack of concern about rules of the road or safety of themselves and other road users describes the mayhem on Indian roads. Another basic rule that Indian road users flout with impunity is 'give way to traffic on your right'! When lack of such basic knowledge about road rules exist and people are still licensed to use motor vehicle. Only serious harm to the life and limb of innocents can result. Indian roads cause due to the poorly (I would say not qualified at all) users of it an immense loss of lives and limbs. Terrible stay of affairs that the GoI is struggling to deal with.
old_cayuse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 21:01   #37029
BHPian

Happened last year. My dad was making a right turn in his fortuner, properly with indicators waiting for the biker to pass when an auto rickshaw decided to pass him on the right. The auto ended up in his blind spot and ran into his right fender. The car was okay and so were the occupants of the auto.

tjsi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 21:57   #37030
Senior - BHPian

That’s a ‘double yellow line’ on the road? The Auto technically should have never crossed that line, unless he wanted to turn right too, but it’s clear he wanted to get ahead of the fortuner. Glad nothing happened. And sorry that the fender took a hit.
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 22:30   #37031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
The auto ended up in his blind spot and ran into his right fender.
There's no substitute for a glance over the shoulder in those situations. Of course, the auto driver was still in the wrong. Glad no major harm was done, even though the collision with tree looks quite dramatic!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 00:10   #37032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Happened last year. My dad was making a right turn in his fortuner, properly with indicators waiting for the biker to pass when an auto rickshaw decided to pass him on the right.
So satisfying to watch another stupid ignorant auto driver crash like that somehow reminds me of the old Mr. Bean show where the blue robin would keep toppling over. The tree falling afterward is so comedic too
IshaanIan is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 07:45   #37033
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There's no substitute for a glance over the shoulder in those situations.
I don't understand the purpose of this statement - "glance over the shoulder" is to spot vehicles in the next lane that are in the blind spot. The auto was right behind, coming fast, and jinked right at the last minute. There was simply was no way to prevent it, by the car driver. There is no "defensive driving tip" in the world, that could have avoided the accident that we saw in the video.
So why are we BHP-ians always compelled to dish out some sort of "advice" all the time ?

Last edited by venkyhere : 26th December 2022 at 07:46.
venkyhere is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 08:33   #37034
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I don't understand the purpose of this statement - "glance over the shoulder" is to spot vehicles in the next lane that are in the blind spot. The
So why are we BHP-ians always compelled to dish out some sort of "advice" all the time ?
Respectfully disagree. The auto was wide of the fortuner, coming back in. A glance over the shoulder would have possibly prevented this incident.

I drive a fortuner and know the blind spot the behind the vehicle intimately. The auto would have been invisible to the mirrors for the most part. The car’s size and height demands a quick glance to notice morons.

The auto driver, and no one else. was at fault. A suggestion is not to say that someone was wrong; just that something (in cold, 20/20 hindsight) could have been done to prevent the incident itself.
Ice is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 12:22   #37035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
Off topic: Kindly share the purchase link. I travel daily on highway. Its fog season here in the North and almost all vehicles travel with their hazard lights on...

Just saw your location is not in India. Can you still suggest an alternative? Thank you.
Just saw these LED Flare discs on Amazon (1TAC 3Pack LED Road Flare Discs)
DevD is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks