Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2024, 17:28   #39871
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
She normally leaves much gap at higher speeds but was too close at this instance. A costly learning indeed.
Indeed, it is a costly lesson. I think your wife wanted to overtake the slow-moving truck. She was too close to the truck.
LoneRidder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 18:21   #39872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Honestly, I feel the fault lies on both parties in that video, no minimum distance was maintained with the truck, my guess is the distance was less than a few feet.
Yes, she was too close to the truck and learned from this to never drive too close and have a buffer to anticipate what can go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Indeed, it is a costly lesson. I think your wife wanted to overtake the slow-moving truck. She was too close to the truck.
Not overtake but be on the right side as the road ahead has lots of potholes in the middle.

Last edited by Suryendu87 : 20th February 2024 at 18:22. Reason: additional text for clarity.
Suryendu87 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 22:23   #39873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Happened to see this video on my YT feeds. Another Bangalore Mysore expressway incident.

https://Youtu.be/0dUlAn97iDM?si=uIuP_6cdhTHQvAfD
While I agree that car was being driven very rashly, it is a shame that there are slow moving trucks on ALL the three lanes on this "EXPRESSWAY" and have to blame authorities also a bit for lack of enforcement.

Trucks occupying right most lane on 3-lanes a side highway? Such drivers should be fined heavily! Outrageous!
OffRoadFun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 17:44   #39874
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post

Trucks occupying right most lane on 3-lanes a side highway? Such drivers should be fined heavily! Outrageous!
Kerala are pretty strict. Signs stating Rs 1000 fine all over
Old 21st February 2024, 21:24   #39875

Quote:
Happened to see this video on my YT feeds. Another Bangalore Mysore expressway incident.

https://Youtu.be/0dUlAn97iDM?si=uIuP_6cdhTHQvAfD
Looks like a tyre burst on the driver side front wheel caused this.
Old 21st February 2024, 21:53   #39876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like the driver was distracted here.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=LuaMo4YrE9Y
The road is empty towards the right (for us facing the Brezza) and the Brezza crosses the dividing white line, moving to his right. He bulldozes the autorickshaw and also hits the scooter rider. The autorickshaw driver/occupants and the scooter rider as hapless victims must have suffered injuries owing to the impact.

Whether the airbags in the Brezza inflated or not is not at all a matter of concern. I do not have any sympathy for such reckless "bulldozer" drivers. The fact of the matter is that due to the Brezza driver's fault, the autorickshaw occupant/s and scooter rider had a very narrow escape but must have suffered injuries and vehicle damage.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:49   #39877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Kerala are pretty strict. Signs stating Rs 1000 fine all over
Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I drove from Palakkad to Kottarakkara ...

The (uncalled for) scaremongering by the Malayalam media over the AI-enabled cameras probably had some effect on the way people used public roads. Most of the two-wheeler riders had their helmets on, bigger vehicles sticking to their lanes, extremely low percentage of vehicle involved in rash driving, and overall a feeling of better safety.
Then, there's also the proliferation of CCTV cameras and all that, keeps the law enforcers on their toes, on a relative scale (a lot needs to be done, that's an undisputable fact).
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 15:45   #39878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Seems like the driver was distracted here. Hopefully no serious injuries to anyone involved.
Ouch.... and another sub-lesson in there: The importance of fastening the strap on your helmet!

As soon as the impact begins, the helmet is the first thing to fly off unless it's well secured (ie. well fitted helmet + strap fastened well). Have seen this way too many times, even in real life with fatal consequences.

Rider wearing helmet:
Name:  20240222  Screenshot 03.33PM 08183.png
Views: 737
Size:  367.6 KB

Unstrapped helmet parts ways with rider at first impact:
Name:  20240222  Screenshot 03.33PM 57029.png
Views: 747
Size:  387.0 KB

Rider continues towards further impact:
Name:  20240222  Screenshot 03.34PM 24125.png
Views: 719
Size:  377.5 KB

Rider hits head on cement sidewalk edge, as helmet watches from a distance:
Name:  20240222  Screenshot 03.34PM 50302.png
Views: 721
Size:  569.3 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th February 2024 at 22:12.
Rehaan is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:30   #39879

Another political figure causality in ORR.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/tela...-ndtv_bigstory

Recent increase in speed limit from 100 to 120 kmph, could be a cause?
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:53   #39880
Distinguished - BHPian

Secunderabad Cantonment MLA Lasya Nanditha killed in road crash

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le67877325.ece

Quote:
Nanditha died on the spot before she could be shifted for an emergency. Visuals from the accident scene showed the victim suffered a severe head injury.

The driver of the SUV (Maruthi Suzuki XL6) sustained severe injuries and was shifted to a nearby emergency centre.

According to the visuals, Nanditha was seated in the second-row seat at the time of the crash.

The crash reportedly was because of the high speed at which the vehicle was moving. No other vehicle was involved. The SUV was found crashed into the extreme left metal railing of the ORR.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-gg_jjukbiaajsy1.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-gg_pzrowgaiok3y.jpeg

Last edited by androdev : 23rd February 2024 at 10:58.
androdev is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:58   #39881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmodan View Post
Another political figure causality in ORR.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/tela...-ndtv_bigstory

Recent increase in speed limit from 100 to 120 kmph, could be a cause?
Very sad, if you notice, it is a new car so driver might not have been familiar with it.

Passenger cell is intact so I am guessing that the lack of wearing seatbelts was the issue

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd February 2024 at 11:13.
ajmat is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:10   #39882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Very sad, if you notice, it i a new car so driver might not have been familiar with it.

Passenger cell is intact so I am guessing that the lack of wearing seatbelts was the issue
I suspect it's a case of rash driving typical of VIP cars plus not wearing seat belts. Her car was in the news for the wrong reasons just few days back.

Quote:
Hyderabad: Home Guard K. Kishore of the Narketpally police station died after being hit by a speeding car driven by a drunk driver at Marrigadda junction and run over by Cantonment MLA G. Lasya Nanditha’s car when clearing traffic for former chief minister K. Chandrashekar Rao’s convoy on Tuesday.

Police said a white car, with the drunk driver at the wheel, hit Kishore, who fell to the ground. Within moments, a black car belonging to Cantonment MLA G. Lasya Nanditha ran over Kishore.

The drunk driver tried to swerve and escape but rammed into the MLA’s car. Police seized both the cars and are verifying CCTV camera footage to assess which car caused the victim’s death.

Rash and negligent driving cases have been registered against both the cars. MLA Nanditha in a tweet on X said, “Was involved in an accident on the way back from Nalgonda. I'm okay, and there's nothing to worry about. Grateful for everyone's concern and support.”
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...ers-car-882087
androdev is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:11   #39883
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki have clearly said their cars are not made to drive at 100+ speeds. They are catering to the pick and drop consumers who do not travel more faster than 60. After hearing that statement, I wonder how people have the guts to take their cars on express ways.
jomyboy is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:28   #39884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I suspect it's a case of rash driving typical of VIP cars plus not wearing seat belts. Her car was in the news for the wrong
A gruesome tragedy. Yes, these politicians have tiring schedules and countless hours of continuous drives, but rarely offer rest to their trusted drivers, who they fully depend upon while on the roads. They are trustworthy for the master without doubt, but they are humans after all. I have known a few public representatives closely and have observed their common miscalculations with cars/SUV's closely. Here the driver lost control and dashed against the left median. No other vehicle was involved.

The second blunder was in her choice of brand and model. Mind you, the MPV was not totalled but only its engine bay was crushed. Again, with their gruelling schedules the car make and model needed to have a five star safety. A majority of the politicians are not car savvy, nor do they update their knowledge about cars. At least a little time spent browsing through teambhp could be informative for them.

The third and greatest blunder was that the MLA was most likely not wearing a seat belt as @Ajmat has rightfully stated. In the wake of the Mistry SUV crash that got nationwide attention, such negligences continue unabated.

Quote:
According to reports, her driver lost control of the car and hit the divider at the Aminpur Sultanpur ORR in the Sangareddy district. While Lasya died, her PA and the driver were severely injured in the crash. Local police and other authorities rushed to the spot as soon as the information of the accident was received.

Recent Road Accident In Cherlapalli

According to local reports, Nanditha had recently met an accident while her visit to a public meeting. An autorickshaw had rammed her car in Cherlapalli near Narkatpally when she was returning from a public meeting held in Nalgonda. Tragically, she lost her life in another accident today.
Incidentally, Patancheru is where AP Scooters Ltd manufactured the Allwyn Pushpak and later Vespa PL170 scooters.

The news:-
BRS MLA Lasya Nanditha Dies In Car Accident In Telangana's Sangareddy; Visuals Surface

http://dhunt.in/T2fLP?s=a&uu=0x4a09defdfbda8a93&ss=pd
Source : "Free Press Journal" via Dailyhunt

A video:-
https://twitter.com/CinemaPosts/stat...CqX22DfuQ&s=19

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 23rd February 2024 at 11:35.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 12:05   #39885
BHPian

Quote:
The suicidal & moronic driving of the wagon-R driver apart, did a tyre-burst happen at 0:04 !?
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mysblracc.jpg
KrisTvpm is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks