Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 20:31   #27256
BHPian

Re: Is this video for real??? Wagon R runs over boy, miraculous survival!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
A few days ago, I got a WhatsApp forward of a video of a boy getting run over by a Wagon-R and surprisingly escaping unscathed. I just could not believe it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
This has been discussed rather extensively in this very thread just a couple of pages ago.
Here you go.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4468396
Old 2nd October 2018, 09:17   #27257
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Sad accident, child passed away :(

The car looks in a decent shape, a car seat would have been a life saver, I am assuming there was none here

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...critical-88907
Balabhaskar expires nearly a week after he was hospitalized. :'(

NDTV

May their souls RIP. I shudder to think of his wife when she regains consciousness. The accident reminds me of the death of Monisha.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd October 2018 at 11:14.
Gannu_1 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:05   #27258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

NDTV

May their souls RIP. I shudder to think of his wife when she regains consciousness. The accident reminds me of the death of Monisha.
I read this news with tears in my eyes. So unfortunate to lose life at such an young age. Reminded me of our very own Shankar Nag (the famous Kannada actor/Director who directed 'Malgudi Days') whose 28th death anniversary was few days ago (on September 30th).

On the early hours of 30th September 1990 (at around 4.30am), his car was hit by a lorry head-on near Davanagere (in KA) on Pune-Bangalore national highway. He and his driver died on the spot while his wife and daughter had a miraculous escape. He was few weeks short of his 36th birthday. The lorry had strayed into his lane to avoid hitting a broken down lorry in its lane. The broken down was lorry was lying there since few days but no one had bothered to clear it. No one knew that it would prove to be so fatal. Two lives lost for no fault of theirs.

If Pune-Bangalore highway was four laned in the 1980s, probably he would have been alive now and probably would have directed many masterpieces like 'Malgudi Days'.
n_naik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:22   #27259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
I read this news with tears in my eyes. So unfortunate to lose life at such an young age. Reminded me of our very own Shankar Nag (the famous Kannada actor/Director who directed 'Malgudi Days') whose 28th death anniversary was few days ago (on September 30th).
Same here. Woke up to read this and was a shock since I felt he would somehow recover. Can never forget him fiddling "Uyire" with everything else silent with Sivamani at the background providing a light bell for the count. So unfortunate. Not sure what condition his wife and the driver are in.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 23:14   #27260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure what condition his wife and the driver are in.
Malayalam news channel mentions that both of them are recovering.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 10:22   #27261
Senior - BHPian

Received these photographs at one my Whatsapp groups.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-42993577_538216523267966_8065610305968799744_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-43056156_308963846560858_6778339243635769344_n.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:00   #27262
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed a sad moment for Kerala & Indian music scene :-(
Talent par excellence, Balu has been successful in amalgamating classical with modern & produce his own version of fusion. It was pure magic listening to him play violin.

Fate has been particularly cruel to the couple They got their 1st child after 16years of marriage and the kid too was snatched abruptly by the unfortunate accident. May Lord alleviate the pain & sorrow of the family.

Couldn't help thinking of the common person's lack-of-awareness in using vehicles on our roads. It might be callous to call out these now, but my 2pence:
* One should never sit with the child on the lap in the front passenger seat. Kids of such young age must be secured in isofix child seat.
* Never a good idea to drive thru Kerala's narrow & winding roads in night-time. The particular stretch (Pallipuram CRPF camp area) where accident took place seems to be an accident spot and without median.
* Seems all were asleep; again not a good idea. Better make it a point to keep the driver engaged with some smalltalk if one must drive in the night.
KrisTvpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:05   #27263
BHPian

Found this news in front page of The Hindu (Bangalore edition) today.

Four people were killed and more than 20 others suffered injuries when a goods vehicle ploughed into a group of pedestrians, and dragged them nearly 300 meters, before coming to a stop on the busy Guthalu Road near Mandya on Tuesday night.

The driver seems to have escaped (according to Hindu epaper). Though I remember reading the paper edition that he was caught!
Horrible way to die for those 4 pedestrians. Wonder when we will see an end to such horrible (and possibly avoidable) accidents?!

My heart goes out to the families of the victims and those injured.

Full article here
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:40   #27264
Senior - BHPian

Losing Balabhaskar is an irrepairable loss for malayalam music. What he produced from the violin was not music, it was magic. They way he mesmerised audiences was a sight to behold. A musician par excellence. Very very unfortunate to have lost such promising talent in this manner. May his soul rest in peace.
longhorn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:43   #27265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post

Couldn't help thinking of the common person's lack-of-awareness in using vehicles on our roads. It might be callous to call out these now, but my 2pence:
* One should never sit with the child on the lap in the front passenger seat. Kids of such young age must be secured in isofix child seat.
You did a good thing by calling these safety aspects out. It will bring about awareness and could be a life saver.

It is such a common everyday sight to see a child seated on the lap of a front passenger, even educated people are unaware of the risk of front airbags deploying violently on a child.

Yet, one simply cannot correct people about these safety aspects, as and when it happens, nobody likes to get preached. It makes threads such as this one an eye opener and helps in building awareness on safety aspects and about the perils lurking on our roads.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 3rd October 2018 at 19:45.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:10   #27266
Senior - BHPian

A very tragic accident, not much details available though.

https://www.ndtv.com/tamil-nadu-news...ome-topstories
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 23:55   #27267
BHPian

Pics: Accidents in India

2 persons out of 7, survive and have been saved, but their condition is still unknown. Hullathy is about 25 kms from Ooty and is on the eastern side of Kalahatty ghat. So, it should be as treacherous as masinagudi - kalahatty route.

The Car involved in the accident is Maruti Ertiga. It seems, the 2 surviving persons were stuck in the damaged vehicle for 2 days along with their deceased friends. Sounds very tragic to the deceased and traumatic to the surviving persons.

Last edited by jaaz : 3rd October 2018 at 23:57.
jaaz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 05:05   #27268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
* Never a good idea to drive thru Kerala's narrow & winding roads in night-time. The particular stretch (Pallipuram CRPF camp area) where accident took place seems to be an accident spot and without median.
* Seems all were asleep; again not a good idea. Better make it a point to keep the driver engaged with some smalltalk if one must drive in the night.
Spot on!. It is indeed a big loss, but one that could have been avoided, had the child been in a proper restraint in the back seat. I am also not sure if seat belts were worn in the front seat as well, from the pics on the media, the passenger cabin was pretty much intact, seat belts should have avoided the fatalities.

Too late and may be inappropriate at this time, but, hope that people understand the importance of seatbelts and child harness, before something bad happens to them. Everyone does not have to go through tragedies to learn this.

Kudos to team-bhp for having this section on road safety, hope we can spread the word to every one. What is most important is to teach the next generation so that safety is part of their lives.
basilmabraham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 09:10   #27269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
2 persons out of 7, survive and have been saved, but their condition is still unknown. Hullathy is about 25 kms from Ooty and is on the eastern side of Kalahatty ghat. So, it should be as treacherous as masinagudi - kalahatty route.

The Car involved in the accident is Maruti Ertiga. It seems, the 2 surviving persons were stuck in the damaged vehicle for 2 days along with their deceased friends. Sounds very tragic to the deceased and traumatic to the surviving persons.
1. The hotel did a good job of alerting the Police when the guests didn't return to the hotel.
2. Ford cars with Sync have an 'Emergency assistance' feature which calls 108 automatically if the car is involved in an accident severe enough for either fuel pump to be cut off or airbags were deployed. It also provides GPS coordinates of the car to 108 dispatchers. This feature would have been useful in this incident.
Arwin07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 10:31   #27270
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the image of the said Ertiga involved in the accident near Ooty:
Source: The Hindu
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-images-3.jpeg  

paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks