Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2020, 15:29   #31501
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
At times I suspect these trucker's feel they are in an Iron Man Suit and can just blaze through their route to Glory:
More than that would be the deadlines they need to meet to get a load or unload.
They spend enough time at checkposts and the like, so they would probably took this as a calculated risk.

Last edited by tharian : 8th September 2020 at 15:35.
tharian is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 20:34   #31502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
There was apparently a huge oil spill on the Mumbai Pune Expressway and this caused traffic jams and also a few accidents when trucks tried to cross the oil spill.
I really must learn to read the words on the screen in front of my face! When I first saw this I thought it was a set-up stunt, not on-the-road driving.

Would think that a Scandanavian trucker, used to icy roads, would be able to bring this off. But even if they could, why indeed would they want oil all over their wheels?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 13:26   #31503
BHPian

Scandinavian driving brings back some excellent memories during my year long stay there. Driving used to be such a pleasure. People understand the roads and the conditions. They wait patiently at a safe distance behind if you get stalled/stuck in those icy conditions. You can think clearly and make it out of the place. Night driving was such a pleasure. Even the Big trucks used to go off high beams if they see a vehicle in the opposite lanes. It just made driving so much easy and beautiful.

Last edited by venbas : 9th September 2020 at 13:28.
venbas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 16:40   #31504
Senior - BHPian

Can someone from Indore confirm if this is true?

https://www.jagran.com/news/national...-20725121.html

P.S.: Article is in Hindi
Old 9th September 2020, 17:06   #31505
Senior - BHPian

Fatal head on hit and run accident in Chattisgarh - video is graphic.
http://www.thewiseherb.com/crashes/2...n-chattisgarh/

The overtaking maneuver itself was rash on the wet road with muddy puddles on the side.
I wonder why the bike didn't try to evade the approaching head on car. One biker died and one was seriously injured
Old 9th September 2020, 18:00   #31506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss

Fatal head on hit and run accident in Chattisgarh - video is graphic.
http://www.thewiseherb.com/crashes/2...n-chattisgarh/

The overtaking maneuver itself was rash on the wet road with muddy puddles on the side
This is one nasty accident. It is fault of Swift dzire's driver. He also drove away after the accident. Classic example of a Hit and Run case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post

Used Google translate

New car showroom Muhurat, the daughter-in-law of the new car in the showroom, broke the glass and fell on another car

When the daughter-in-law turned on the car and applied the brake slightly, the foot went on the accelerator instead of the brake.

Indore, State Bureau. A family living in the aerodrome area came to buy the car on Tuesday at a car showroom on BRTS Road in the city. Sales consultant Naman Tiwari of the showroom said that the family had already booked the car. The husband and wife who bought the car at around 3:30 pm on Tuesday afternoon Arrived at the showroom. For the Muhurta, the mother-in-law asked the daughter-in-law to stop by driving the car a little further. Meanwhile, the daughter-in-law instead of applying brake, pressed the accelerator and broke the glass in the showroom and fell to another car three feet below. Both cars were badly damaged in the accident. Thankfully no casualties were reported.

According to the information, during the daughter-in-law's Muhurta drive, her son was also sitting on passenger seat. When the daughter-in-law turned on the car and applied the brake a little further, the foot went on the accelerator instead of the brake. The car that the family was buying is worth about seven and a half lakh rupees and the car it fell on is worth about 15 lakh rupees. Both vehicles have insurance, Therefore, the family will not have to deposit the amount of loss in the cars. To compensate for the damage to the showroom, the family and the owner of the car, who have come to buy the car, have signed an agreement to bear 50 per cent of the expenses. The showroom operator refused to give information about the family.

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 9th September 2020 at 18:14. Reason: used multiquote
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 18:30   #31507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
He also drove away after the accident. Classic example of a Hit and Run case.
"Legal: The car driver apparently surrendered to police."

He should have stopped and called police/ambulance. But he surrendered to the police so he might have run due to fear of a mob and/or an impulsive reaction to get away from the scene.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:16   #31508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post

Used Google translate

Thanks for the effort, I can read and write Hindi, but it should help others who don't. Just wanted someone local to Indore to confirm the news, as it seemed too suppressed to be true and has been published by only 1 media house.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:39   #31509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post

Yep, happened at the Honda dealership.

WasavaTyres is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 12:15   #31510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
"Legal: The car driver apparently surrendered to police."

He should have stopped and called police/ambulance. But he surrendered to the police so he might have run due to fear of a mob and/or an impulsive reaction to get away from the scene.
His Surrender to police is his only saving grace and I am sure he might have got legal help/inputs in the meanwhile. There was no way he could have completed the overtake in those wet conditions. With all the slush and puddles on the side of the road the risks reached suicidal proportions for any corrective action. Hence the bike driver had little chance except maybe going to extreme left and falling down risking serious injury all the same. The biker might even have expected the Car to fall back into his lane instead of going ahead with this murderous overtake. This is another apt case for slapping manslaugther charges. It is high time the laws of our country are amended to book such scoundrels on manslaughter and making them pay heavily for such mis-adventures that can potentially snuff out another innocent drivers life. Any developed country that Dzire driver would have been ruined financially and legally.
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 13:17   #31511
BHPian

This happened two days ago near Sagar Bina crossing
Source: Whatsapp

With so many people around, only a lady (in green dress) became victim.

dicor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 14:16   #31512
Senior - BHPian

Never seen one accident in 4K HD level of clarity from so many different angles.

RIP the victim!
Old 10th September 2020, 14:25   #31513
BHPian

RIP, however she ran in the wrong direction. If she would have run in the same direction the biker fell, she would have been alive
sumathindra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 14:31   #31514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
This happened two days ago near Sagar Bina crossing
Source: Whatsapp

With so many people around, only a lady (in green dress) became victim.
Did that lady survive.. Very unlikely! Heck, what a bad luck and how a split second costed a life. Had she just stood where she was she would have been spared, but you never know what is going to happen. And look how many survived in the nick of time.
Old 10th September 2020, 17:12   #31515
BHPian

I always wonder, how does it feel when you involve in an accident and you die on the spot? Is it lot of pain or some kind of very terrific feeling during the process? I feel really sad and pathetic as a country we are failure when we go through this thread. This thread had made me defensive driver but still I am not sure how the death will come and from which direction on the road. The probability of dying on the road is simple high in India. Still we are not learning and still we have not started to walk in the direction of learning. I feel it is going to get worse as more people start to drive. So I always wonder how it feels when you die in road accident?
sushantr5 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks