Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 17:34   #196
BHPian

almost all drivers in white sumo/qualis/tavera/innova with yellow plates are bad, especially so if the number begins with HR,BR,or PB
Old 4th January 2007, 20:03   #197
BHPian

Cyclists & bikers in right lane driving at 10-15 KMPH, chatting with friends or lost in thoughts.

Biker caravan, a few bikers in parallel, typically young college guys lost in their own world
Old 4th January 2007, 21:50   #198
BHPian

Very true rehan
Infact I have developed this habit of using both the Outside RVMs on both the vehicles I drive that I can not drive without these. I believe its much safer and easier even to make your car reverse using the outside RVms. I always make it a point that i advise other family members to use these whenever they drive specially females. I actually feel very uncomfortable when I am without these OVRMs and my seat belt. Its just the very similar way that people like Rahul Dravid can bat comfortable without the helmet and Side arm guards and thigh guards but Sachin Tendulkar always plays with all the guards in the same way even if he is playing spinners. Just shows you learnt the basics in the right and the appropriate way....and proves why you r the best!!!
Old 4th January 2007, 22:45   #199
BHPian

BTW have you observed people who are too innocent to know which lane they are driving. I daily see people on my way back to home from Vasant Kunj to Gurgaon on the [renovation in Progress] 8 lane Highway, people on M800 and altos coming wrong side and cars trying to stop on the highway where other cars are moving at 60+ speeds, they just stop and take a right turn where you cant even believe that a car could cross from. Sometimes its the divider they are trying to pop across upon or sometimes its the specially fitted barriers they hit and replace somewhere else.. they just dont seem to understand the obstacle they sometimes create for the vehicles followings these and this is one of the things I am mostly worried about, to be in the series of cars bumping one after the other because some intelligent driver didnt want to burn some extra half a km of his fuel to take a U turn from the proper delegated place. Or mostly you would fiind a lots of three wheelers and two wheelers coming head on in your direction on a proper 4 lane highway. Also you can easily spot a lot of truck and lorry drivers on the highway near Delhi parking their vehicels on the place where there is no place left for even a car to pass by. And not to leave those Avatars in Delhi who will Just stop anywhere on the main road on any side to ask [for the honour of the others] the way to the place they intend to visit. And once you try and let them know their mistake they will treat you with such good abuses as if you are a newcomer to Driving. If i am given one good day any authority, i will start cancelling their licences.
Old 5th January 2007, 13:30   #200
Senior - BHPian

Tips for spotting bad drivers in kerala !

Hmm this is gonna be a long list so i'd stick to the important ones...

1. Any vehicle with a lot of multicoloured lights blinking on and off on every convievable place on the vehicle body, these guys do these to catch attention and they will do anythin to get attention , especially the " Bryan Adams " autos plying in cochin! ... hehe i dunno who names the autos that way ! maybe because they make so much of a ruckus from the modded exhaust pipes.

2. Red coloured private bus dirvers - These are not really bad drivers , but they are highly skilled in what they do , but since they are pushed by deadlines and business for a large part of the day these guys try to find entertainment on the road by bullying other vehicles, no matter what size from bikes to big trucks. And also by competing / racing against each other. the worst situation you can find yourself is to find yourself in between two of these bright red monsters racing aginst eah other probably in peak hour traffic.

3. Out of state vehicles, not really in touch with the road uasage in kerala , expect sudden loss of velocities and movements to the road side to ask for directions or to answer the call of nature. One common thisng they scare you with is the overteake from the left stunt, which most of the times they pull off with flair on the winding roads.

4. Drivers with all sorts of garlands on the vehicles. most of them so old that they have been dried solid, these are the out of state vehicles going to Sabarimala or coming back from there ( on thier wayto party off the blues), either ways , they are a high risk category on Kerala Roads, and every year there are handful of fatalities with respect to this kindda vehicles. These flowers and garlands should invoke the same treatment from you as would the activation of hazard warning lamps.

5. Look at the state of the vehicle if its covered with dents and patches and scars from pervious skirmishes , this guy is better left alone , KEEP DISTANCE from him. and as far as possibel try not to be naear 100 m of this guy.

6. Autodivers making a u turn after showing the nails on three of his fingers out side his cabin in his ferrari like set of wheel before doing his uturn stunt without as much as adjusting his hair in the RVM.

7. Two wheelers with modded exhaust systems, you can make them out from the defeaning sounds they make , for no reason some of them drop speed suddely and most dont have indictaors or leg guards. then they zoom back weaving inbetween the other vehicles , take care of your side RVMs, when these guys are in the vicinity

Thats all from me pals .. drive safe .........
Old 17th March 2007, 09:59   #201

Lets not forget the pizza delivery guys on scooters, darting between cars stopped at the signal light. They seem intent on making contact with as many OVRM as possible in their rush to get to the head of the line.
Old 17th March 2007, 11:32   #202
elf
BANNED

@cpserrao: I used to get darned mad at them as well & always tried to block them off, till I heard that if they don't deliver & return on time, the cost of the silly pizza is deducted from their salaries.

Being the softie that I am, I now give them as much right of way as I do for ambulances.
Old 17th March 2007, 11:47   #203
Team-BHP Support

Domino's has clearly mentioned that late deliveries ARE NOT deducted from the delivery boy's salary. They simply pull that sob story hoping the customer will feel sorry for them as they pocket the 30% saved.
Old 17th March 2007, 12:02   #204
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Domino's has clearly mentioned that late deliveries ARE NOT deducted from the delivery boy's salary. They simply pull that sob story hoping the customer will feel sorry for them as they pocket the 30% saved.
Great to hear the inside story from one of their own, & glad to see it's not deducted from your salary.

By the way, shouldn't you paint your putt-puttee blue & install a hot case on the back, keeping with the company rules?

Shame, shame, Rt.
Old 17th March 2007, 12:13   #205
Team-BHP Support

...and shouldn't you cover your head with that brown paper bag I gave you and make the world a bit less ugly?
Old 17th March 2007, 12:59   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
But, the ad says 30 mins delivery or pizza free, did they change it to 70% payment if delivered beyond that time?
Old 17th March 2007, 13:54   #207
BANNED

OT: Pizzaraunt and Chef Express in Chennai clearly state that there are no guaranteed delivery times in the interests of road safety.
Old 17th March 2007, 15:44   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
@cpserrao: I used to get darned mad at them as well & always tried to block them off, till I heard that if they don't deliver & return on time, the cost of the silly pizza is deducted from their salaries.

Being the softie that I am, I now give them as much right of way as I do for ambulances.

Hmm... I wasn't aware of that.Maybe I will be more considerate to them in future.
Old 12th April 2007, 15:19   #209
Senior - BHPian

no offences to anyone here, but here are my few 'insights'

1) i really really get scared when i see : the driving seat is in the closest position to the steering wheel, and the guy / girl trying to find the left corner of the bonnet by. Dude this is a sure sign of danger.

2) no offences : lady drivers and specially if they are a little OLDER. Dude . . run at the sight of one.

3) THE BRIGHT RED BUSES which are called BEST buses. They are SURE DANGER.

4) Any car with an 'L' plate behind it.
Old 12th April 2007, 15:39   #210
Team-BHP Support

city cabs, call center cabs and whatever cabs!! show me just one OK cab driver in bangalore and i shall buy beer for the find !!

can we get some cabbies to join the forum, or better anybody arrange for a days orientation for these guys? would be ready anytime as a volunteer!!

irritating, annoying with horn, trying to show you off road and cares a damn about others!

ac point 2 i would disagree, too much of generalization. know couple of good lady drivers, older ones also (40-50 age group), careful and fast drivers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks