Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2005, 19:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Another thing to notice is the area where the number plate is issued in Bangalore generally - there are exceptions

KA01 / KA03 plates generally better driven - mainly profesionals - but plenty of exceptions
KA05 - conservative people - drive very slow or very rashly driven by driver
KA02 - illiterate local with new money -very rash - unaware of safety/risk/rules - avoid
KA04 - Spoilt rich kids without a licence/ or driver driven - owner of good cars very badly driven - watch out

ajmat ,
i think you should add the KA-19 buses and the APSTRC missiles
Old 29th March 2005, 16:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
Those darn truckies....... they stick to the right most lane on the ringroads/highways...... doing only 40kmph....
I assume most of the times they do this to avoid pedestrians Jaywalking,Cyclists day dreaming with/without pillion,cattles/animals of all kinds and not to forget two wheelers.
Old 29th March 2005, 18:38   #78
BHPian

But I dont think all these stand the slightest of competition for the city buses here.. They are the worst nightmare for a two-wheeler or anyone for that matter in broad daylight..
They really scare the hell outta u.. They come right behind u and then honk like crazy.. They always skip the signal..
The KSRTC buses of kerala on the highways are way too rash..
Dont need better reasons to be the baddest of drivers..
I even hate the auto walas of b'lore.. very very rash...

_Everybody, i repeat everybody makes way for a Kerala KSRTC bus or a cochin city bus_
Old 30th March 2005, 10:42   #79
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Another thing to notice is the area where the number plate is issued in Bangalore generally - there are exceptions

KA01 / KA03 plates generally better driven - mainly profesionals - but plenty of exceptions
KA05 - conservative people - drive very slow or very rashly driven by driver
KA02 - illiterate local with new money -very rash - unaware of safety/risk/rules - avoid
KA04 - Spoilt rich kids without a licence/ or driver driven - owner of good cars very badly driven - watch out

Ajmat that was super duper classification
i have a KA 05 registration that means bangalore south
bangalore south is where the people are more calm and drive cautiously
there are the odd show offs tho who put other peoples lives at risk
Old 6th April 2005, 17:24   #80
BHPian

There are those red and yellow small buses plying in Calcutta(Sen Babu might recall). They are called mini-buses.

The autorickshaw driver in Hyderabad. Puts his foot out and says that is his indicator.

Most 2 wheelers in Bangalore regardless of their registration plates.

TN registered lorries and buses on the highways.

For all of the above.....WATCH OUT !!!

You may need to use your RVM, side mirrors (Sen Babu: I have started using them even though I got my license in 1982), turn your head to look left, right or even behind.

Safe driving.
Old 6th April 2005, 17:57   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Really?? So u keep turning ur head back everytime u have to change lanes?
I would feel practically blind if i were to drive with my side mirror folded! Usually at night i have to turn the side mirror down a little to avoid the headlights being reflected from it.... and even that makes me a bit uneasy.
Whether you have the rear view mirrors folded or not, it is always a good idea to check back before turning. You never know what has got behind you since you last checked. There are always blind spots. And anyway a last minute check never harmed you. Though ofcourse you should make sure there is nothing in fornt first.
Old 7th April 2005, 20:24   #82
BHPian

well i agree with all the points mentioned in this thread. IMO its much more comfortable for me to use the side mirrors & as someone mentioned, i would rather spend a few hundreds on the mirror rather than a scratch in my baby. also a few things which IRRITATE me to death
1. those 2 wheelers with F1 like mufflers i mean they got the loudest noise in their hayabusa powered CBZ's & Pulsars while driving at 20kmph. i have not done a freeflow in my zen yet because am scared that after that, i may be compared to these Valentino Rossis.
2. & who can leave the rickshaw stands filled with 4-5 ricks with alpines & kickers behind their seats & having a db drag of their own. i dont want to mentiion the tracks they play. (tum dil ki dhadkan mein, kala kauwa & some bhojpuri hits are the regular favorites)
Old 10th April 2005, 11:11   #83
BHPian

its gotta be the auto guys man . they drive with their legs out as an indicator. i live in bandra and i no how pissing off it is driving around with these guys
Old 10th April 2005, 13:35   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
I would feel practically blind if i were to drive with my side mirror folded! Usually at night i have to turn the side mirror down a little to avoid the headlights being reflected from it.... and even that makes me a bit uneasy.

You are spot on amitoj . Its nearly impossible to drive without the side mirrors . I would go as far as saying that the side mirrors(in my context) are even more important than the rear view mirror (though , both are as important).
Old 10th April 2005, 17:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
The KSRTC buses of kerala on the highways are way too rash..

_Everybody, i repeat everybody makes way for a Kerala KSRTC bus or a cochin city bus_
Must do a separate thread on the maniac bus drivers of Kerala - KSRTC or private, it doesnt seem to make any difference.

IMHO, if Gillette could be persuaded to fit their twin blades to the sides of these buses we could save ourselves a morning chore by standing by the roadside as these buses zip through.

Jokes apart, far too many innocent people have been killed in Kerala by these lunatics. I personally know of 6 different families who have lost one or more members on account of their crazed driving habits - the last being the sister-in-law of a friend and the unborn child she was carrying in her womb when they were knocked off the two wheeler driven by his brother. His brother was in the psychiatric ward for almost a year, unable to come to terms with his loss.

They've tried putting speed governors, speed checks, time checks and what not, but these drivers continue to kill innocents every day.
Of late, many of these 'drivers' have also been waylaid by other motorists and beaten up.
Old 11th April 2005, 17:43   #86
BHPian

@ steeroid: The problem is that every now and then they giv permission for new busses.. Some months bac, around 100 new private busses got sanctioned to ply on MG Road and other roads in city.. Man, competetion increases, speed too increases, and thus rash driving.. Well there is no end to it..

Recently i travelled in a KSRTC bus and was in the 2nd seat frm front.. It was raining like crazy and the roads too aren't pretty good. U wont beleeive that the driver actually was driving without the wipers(it wasnt working, lol..).. And the mist formed on the inside was being wiped of by the conductor using a newspaper.... At times when the conductor goes, u can see him actually lean forward(ass off the seat) and wife cos visiblity is nil.... I was fully thrilled and full of josh.. But i could see the faces of other passengers.. murmering stuff about the wiper, and each time he braked hard or see light from vehicles coming from the opp direction, get up and see if he's doing good... hehehe... I traveeled for about 20km when i had to get off.. he travelled the next 20km too like that i guess.... Man so much for safety....
But well in Kerala this isnt anything new.. All u guys will $#!t u'r loads if u sit in buses going in the ghat region... At some curves, a part of the bus front is outside and only the tires are inside.. Scary man, really scary.....
Old 18th April 2005, 09:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

Another set of bad drivers: Without front seats headrests.
If they cant care about own safety, how can they care about other's safety.
Old 18th April 2005, 14:23   #88
BHPian

one more set:
people with kids standing in the front passenger seat (even in the driver's lap!!) without any restraints.. if they are callous about their own kids' safety, what do they care about others on teh road
Old 18th April 2005, 16:06   #89
BHPian

I agree about the Kerala drivers of whom, I have first hand experience of!, I was travelling on a KSRTC bus from Munnar to Trivendrum and had the fortune(Misfortune?) of sitting close to the driver.. This guy did 80+ on the ghat sections of Munnar and was manic nearing Trivendrum. He was yelled by atleast 2 dozen car and other drivers. I spent those six hours praying for the best!!

and my experience with other KSRTC buses are the same..
Old 18th April 2005, 20:18   #90
BHPian

almost all the buses in kol are like that ... with out proper dr licences and traffic discipline... and even worse the autos and the taxis

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks