Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 15:59   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
ac point 2 i would disagree, too much of generalization. know couple of good lady drivers, older ones also (40-50 age group), careful and fast drivers
agreed. . . but i think they are faar too many and faaar too scarce and thats why i mentioned them. and dude i am serious i really would like to know these older girls who can driver well and drive hard.

cheers.
Old 12th April 2007, 16:29   #212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
and dude i am serious i really would like to know these older girls who can driver well and drive hard.

cheers.
you have to come with me to mallu land and meet some of my aunts, careful they are docs with some sharp scalpel in hand

one drives a baleno & alto, another drives a honda city 1.5L & alto frequents TVM-COCHIN 210 kms @ 100 km plus and the 3rd drives around in mpfi zen & santro.

last one is the fastest of all, loves her zen over the santro. she used to grab steering off her hubbies hand when we used to go for long trips in their fiat and M 800. reason??

he is too slow doing 80km/hr in a fully loaded 800. at that time we kids used to have fun adding fire to the argument and get her to drive the nuts off the lil 800.
Old 12th April 2007, 23:11   #213
Senior - BHPian

the other day i took an auto and on my way found a pulsarian with his loud horn honking for no reason he was in no rush was casually driving it often looking at the adverisement boards etc, the traffic was dead slow and there was no reason for a person to honk at all,traffic was moving dead slow at the rate of 5-8mins per kilometer, he kept on honking from the beguining till the end of Tankbund road, i lost my temper and asked him to stop honking and got back with a bunch of **** saying tere baap ka horn hain kya? mera hain, then my auto wala(already totally annoyed and frustated) over took him and stopped him and made a big issue out of it, the traffic consitable had to come to look into the jam caused and the issue, all the fursted public around supported the auto wallah and the conistable fined the guy with the huge horns a heafty 500buck challan for the noise pollution.(the reason for me mentioning the guy to be pulsarian is because these horns are factory fitted. so annoying... they sound like those Ambassador's horns fitted on a typical politician's car, remember those huge 'roots' horns?)

i find these kind of educated careless idiots more the cause for causing frustration in the jams and leads to rages as this annoyance keeps building and people just cant ask them to stop for it wastes more of their time or would cause a tug on road creating a issue which no one knows how far it may go to wastetime,money(as we already know the police's attitude to earn whereever possible.) and who knows what else it may lead to...

please correct me if am wrong...
Old 13th April 2007, 09:55   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
you have to come with me to mallu land and meet some of my aunts, careful they are docs with some sharp scalpel in hand

one drives a baleno & alto, another drives a honda city 1.5L & alto frequents TVM-COCHIN 210 kms @ 100 km plus and the 3rd drives around in mpfi zen & santro.

last one is the fastest of all, loves her zen over the santro. she used to grab steering off her hubbies hand when we used to go for long trips in their fiat and M 800. reason??

he is too slow doing 80km/hr in a fully loaded 800. at that time we kids used to have fun adding fire to the argument and get her to drive the nuts off the lil 800.
off topic : talk about cool aunts . anwywys happy driving.

cheers
Old 13th April 2007, 11:11   #215
BHPian

Most points for spotting a bad driver have already been covered. here are a few not yet discussed:

(a) Vehicles looking like Tendulkar viz. full of protective gear at every area -viz front, rear, side. Most M 800 that have seen many owners are like that. And interestingly there is little left to protect, considering the condition of the vehicle.

(b) Ribbon on the hood and plastics over the seats intact, even if the car was purchased years ago.

(c) The vehicle moving unsteadily in the first or at the most second gear in a vacant road, signifying that the driver is a beginner.
Old 13th April 2007, 19:04   #216
elf
BANNED

Actually, anything with an aftermarket chrome accessory would qualify.

You just know that the idiot on your left in a Scorpio with the chrome bum-bar and bull-bar, with chrome mirrors, chrome headlight surrounds, chrome taillight surrounds (yes, even on the new extended fake taillights), chrome door handles, chrome grille surrounds, chrome side rear view mirrors, chrome fender mounted rear view mirrors, a chrome tint on the window film, chrome number-plate surrounds, chrome gas tank cover, chrome wheelcaps on chrome tyres is going to cut you off the minute he can.

He'd probably be wearing chrome tinted aviator sunglasses when he does.
Old 13th April 2007, 22:36   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
the reason for me mentioning the guy to be pulsarian is because these horns are factory fitted. so annoying... they sound like those Ambassador's horns fitted on a typical politician's car, remember those huge 'roots' horns?
Totally agree on this. I dont know what the solution is, but sometimes, i blame bajaj for giving the pulsar such a big horn. Agreed that Bajaj is just giving a good horn and using it wisely is really what matters, but I think the bike market in India (even in cities) is still immature. Traffic sense among the bikers is less than the car drivers. -- Just my opinion!
Old 14th April 2007, 10:20   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Actually, anything with an aftermarket chrome accessory would qualify.

You just know that the idiot on your left in a Scorpio with the chrome bum-bar and bull-bar, with chrome mirrors, chrome headlight surrounds, chrome taillight surrounds (yes, even on the new extended fake taillights), chrome door handles, chrome grille surrounds, chrome side rear view mirrors, chrome fender mounted rear view mirrors, a chrome tint on the window film, chrome number-plate surrounds, chrome gas tank cover, chrome wheelcaps on chrome tyres is going to cut you off the minute he can.

He'd probably be wearing chrome tinted aviator sunglasses when he does.
That was a hilariously chromy post and i too agree with you completely on these chrome crazy drivers.
Old 14th April 2007, 14:03   #219
BHPian

Great stuff.

To add a few more:
- bikers who never believe in stopping but squeezing in any space they see
- drivers driving on right most lane at the slowest speed
Old 18th April 2007, 23:38   #220
BHPian

auto and RTC busses here in hyderabad man they are capable of showing even the cops some STARS at times!
Old 19th April 2007, 18:10   #221
gump

Great information for new car divers like me

Old 4th May 2007, 18:30   #222

an old but valid joke

Venue : Insurance office
Officer to the Truck Driver: What happened?
what caused the accident?
Driver : U see, this lady in the car.... well... she stuck out her right hand... and turned Right!!!
Old 4th May 2007, 19:01   #223
BHPian

I think the best turn into the worst possible in fornt of the barista in jnr in Blr. The sight of wheelie in a luna is absolootly brain whacking !!
Old 4th May 2007, 20:36   #224
BHPian

My observations:
Most of the people do not have basic knowledge on how to drive on roads
Cab drivers are mostly un educated people and they just know how to drive the cab, thats it.
Even if you try to follow traffic rules, you just can't do that, when you see that most people are driving like they are the king and only one on the road. It makes you think that are we stupid or what.
Lane Driving-People do not know what is this or they do not want to follow it, just go to any side, where you find space and way to take over, it doesn't matter if its on right or left
Driving on high beam-If people are coming from opposite are on high beam and you dipper them, most of them do not under it and simply keep on their car on high.
Old 4th May 2007, 21:12   #225

i second that.

for drivers who graduate from bikes, it is hard to come to terms. they try to maneuver the car arouund like the bike, squeezing into gaps. i hope they realize the difference sooner. (i hope i do because i observed this from watching myself drive )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Great information for new car divers like me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks