Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 16:51   #11191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

I don't know if it's just me but of late i have noticed cops just not being bothered about people cutting red lights, taking u-turn where it is explicitly indicated that you should not...

Covid duty taking a toll? If cops start turning a blind eye to such offences then what chaos it will lead to?!
Old 4th November 2020, 18:19   #11192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I don't know if it's just me but of late i have noticed cops just not being bothered about people cutting red lights, taking u-turn where it is explicitly indicated that you should not...

Covid duty taking a toll? If cops start turning a blind eye to such offences then what chaos it will lead to?!

I read somewhere that they have installed more cameras in a lot more intersections and hotspots. Perhaps the people who break these rules are being penalized automatically?
Old 4th November 2020, 22:10   #11193
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Not exactly an accident, but the person on activa and brezza almost got hit by this reckless s-cross driver

WhiteSierra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 11:42   #11194
Distinguished - BHPian

Have noticed this dude's rash driving couple of times on the same stretch. This road is pretty narrow with blind sections and yet this dude tries out some dangerous overtakes. Almost hit another car few days back.

naveen.raju is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 13:40   #11195
Senior - BHPian

What the! I was so focused on the car in front being the bad driver and that alto caught me off guard. I can only imagine your reaction
deathwalkr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 13:43   #11196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Have noticed this dude's rash driving couple of times on the same stretch.
This is what happens when you give a Go-kart to a Private Bus driver of God's own country. You should have pulled over later and checked his DL and if it belonged to HCV category .

That overtaking manoeuvre was insanely stupid and these are the type of bad drivers who are always under the assumption that the others will make way or allow them to get in lane fearing a collision anyway.

Because, it is not always that he would encounter someone like this each time he tries these stunts:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-kasrtc.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 5th November 2020 at 13:47.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 15:31   #11197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Because, it is not always that he would encounter someone like this each time he tries these stunts...

Social media and the angle of a photo can give us the wrong impression.

This news report did not gain as much traction as the viral photo.

Quote:
“The video on social media shows just the end of the entire incident. I was not challenging the bus driver. Actually, I froze,” said Surya. Recounting the incident, Surya said, “A school bus was parked on the narrow road and I couldn’t find enough room to go around it. So, I stopped behind it. However, since children were alighting from the bus and a lot of vehicles were parked along the roadside, I found myself in the middle of the road,” she said.

“After some time, the school bus left and I moved forward. That was when the KSRTC bus swerved into my lane after overtaking a private bus. The speed at which it was approaching me made me freeze,” she said. What she remembers is the change in the KSRTC bus driver’s expressions – first surprise, then horror and finally, amusement.
Quote:
Driver's version:
Surya’s version of the incident nearly matches that of the driver. “The incident took place on Wednesday just before I entered the Perumbavoor KSRTC bus depot,” said the driver, who did not want to be named. “Children were alighting from a school bus. So, I took the empty right lane. That was when I saw the woman stop her scooter at some distance. She kept looking at me. I also saw her friends shooting the incident,” said the driver.

He said Surya was not as close to the bus as it appears in the video. “I think her friends may have done it for the fame,” said the driver, adding, “Nothing happened though. When I saw she was not moving. I turned to the left lane and entered the depot.”
silversteed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 20:42   #11198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have noticed this dude's rash driving couple of times on the same stretch.
I'd be willing to bet that this guy was driving a two-wheeler not long ago, and doesn't appreciate that there are more differences about a four-wheeler than just not getting wet in the rain.

I'm sorry to say that "Kerala?" came into my head before I checked your location. That might be unfair bias and plain wrong: I might be noticing the Kerala/TN stuff on this site simply because I have little experience of the rest of India.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 21:29   #11199
BHPian

Quote:
Have noticed this dude's rash driving couple of times on the same stretch. This road is pretty narrow with blind sections and yet this dude tries out some dangerous overtakes. Almost hit another car few days back.
Isnt this the road behind CSEZ? I used to live nearby and I think I too have noticed this guy before. That road is super narrow and used to be partially dug up (Adani gas pipeline IIRC). Given that plenty of lorries and other heavy vehicles frequent this road, only an absolute moron would attempt a maneuver like this.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 22:41   #11200
BHPian

Also the high beamers at night ; these lunatic morons cause headache as well as mouthache during night drives.
Old 6th November 2020, 12:05   #11201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
What the! I was so focused on the car in front being the bad driver and that alto caught me off guard. I can only imagine your reaction
LOL. Yes, this was unexpected but I knew this was coming. Few days back, he was in front of me and I witnessed his dangerous tactics. But unfortunately for him, I was ahead of him this day. And the section where he tried this overtake was pretty straight and the oncoming car was very visible. No idea what made him do this dangerous overtake. I didn't provoke him and was driving within the legal limit. Maybe the TeamBHP sticker on my car sparked this (Maybe his membership approval was rejected ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is what happens when you give a Go-kart to a Private Bus driver of God's own country. You should have pulled over later and checked his DL and if it belonged to HCV category .

That overtaking manoeuvre was insanely stupid and these are the type of bad drivers who are always under the assumption that the others will make way or allow them to get in lane fearing a collision anyway.
Might be . I purposely didn't give him way but at the same time I was cautious of his move and I was prepared to turn left and brake and that's what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'd be willing to bet that this guy was driving a two-wheeler not long ago, and doesn't appreciate that there are more differences about a four-wheeler than just not getting wet in the rain.

I'm sorry to say that "Kerala?" came into my head before I checked your location. That might be unfair bias and plain wrong: I might be noticing the Kerala/TN stuff on this site simply because I have little experience of the rest of India.
There are lot of morons here but generally speaking, the traffic sense is better than some of the other cities that i have visited. And most BHPians from KL/TN are very active on this thread so you get that feeling hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Isnt this the road behind CSEZ? I used to live nearby and I think I too have noticed this guy before. That road is super narrow and used to be partially dug up (Adani gas pipeline IIRC). Given that plenty of lorries and other heavy vehicles frequent this road, only an absolute moron would attempt a maneuver like this.
Yes, that's the road. Now that the road is good, this dude is very happy about it. Yes, you can spot this dude at around 9am. I have seen him couple of times. Waiting for the next time (Evil grin).
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 13:46   #11202
Distinguished - BHPian

Footage from today:

Mistake 1 : Hurrying while driving a long rig and it's raining. The toll plaza is just 300 meters ahead.

Mistake 2 : Overtaking from the left when the truck moving in the front clearly has decided to occupy the left lane

Mistake 3 : Squeezing into the left lane forcing the lame truck in the right to swerve into the right lane against the other motorists.

Incident from yesterday:

Idiot 1 - The pickup truck driver

Mistake 1 : Overloaded bay.

Mistake 2 : Overtaking on a narrow bridge with 2 way traffic

Mistake 3 : No sense of judgement to assess and executive the overtaking maneuver

Mistake 4 : Sticking to the right lane so long even after that stupid police car over took from the left

Idiot 2 : Cop

How idiot can one be to overtake a loaded pickup on a bridge, from the left, when clearly he knows the truck may have to move left any time to avoid crashing into oncoming vehicles

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 6th November 2020 at 14:00.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 22:54   #11203
BHPian

A near catastrophe today. The video is from a friend of friends Honda City. A driver decides to take a quick u-turn, probably without seeing the oncoming speeding R15 and the rider along with the pillion were just pure lucky to stay on the bike after what could have been a disaster for not one, but potentially 2 bikes and the car with the dash-cam.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th November 2020 at 19:48. Reason: See edited post.
Xaos636 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 09:51   #11204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
A near catastrophe today. The video is from a friend of friends Honda City. A driver decides to take a quick u-turn, probably without seeing the oncoming speeding R15 and the rider along with the pillion were just pure lucky to stay on the bike after what could have been a disaster for not one, but potentially 2 bikes and the car with the dash-cam.
Crazy idiots the whole lot. The driver happily taking U turns as per her notions, R15 almost on the wrong side of the road and speeding. On such a narrow road with so much traffic.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th November 2020 at 19:49. Reason: Edited quoted post.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 12:11   #11205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post

https://Youtu.be/vTs1nm2lqbs
This is something we see repeatedly. Just for the lack of patience or taking an extra mile, sheer stupidity could cost someone's life !

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Fzz33bNtKIA
I have seen this kind of driving in multiple instances. I think he must be a bus driver. Those are the folks who do this kind of push and place their vehicles regardless of the space available. Also two wheelers and three wheelers. No proper four wheeler driver would do this, as it would instantly lead to vehicle contact.

Maybe these guys have learnt driving from a special secret school or maybe he is influenced by the bus scene from Harry potter and the prisoner of Azkaban !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks