Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2020, 17:20   #11101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

A couple of bad bike riders from my dashcam downloads. Both show how (not to) change lanes or cross roads or make a turn.
1. Turn, cross and look if you hear a honk or a crash.

2. Cross crossing bikes are sometimes like a video game
BenjiRoss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 11:56   #11102
BHPian

Not a bad driver spotting but a bad driver on tweet. Here is a guy tweeting to the Hyderabad (Cyberabad) Traffic police over a challen for riding a bike without mirrors, telling that he did not know it was illegal to ride without mirrors!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_20200407_114926.jpg  

DriverR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 12:30   #11103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Not a bad driver spotting but a bad driver on tweet. Here is a guy tweeting to the Hyderabad (Cyberabad) Traffic police over a challen for riding a bike without mirrors, telling that he did not know it was illegal to ride without mirrors!!
Multiple possibilities

1. He is not the first owner and bought the bike without mirrors
2. He removed the mirrors after buying
3. Registered with mirrors and later sold without them
4. I heard this from one of my friends years ago. "bike loses its looks with mirrors", may be he or earlier owner is of that type
etc. etc.
Old 12th April 2020, 03:07   #11104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Multiple possibilities

1. He is not the first owner and bought the bike without mirrors
2. He removed the mirrors after buying
3. Registered with mirrors and later sold without them
4. I heard this from one of my friends years ago. "bike loses its looks with mirrors", may be he or earlier owner is of that type
etc. etc.
Let’s also include the people whose bikes have mirrors but have them folded because they like that ‘bunny ears’ look to the list.
Old 15th April 2020, 06:53   #11105
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

With all the extra time to trawl through YouTube, I came across the following channel whose entire content is street racing on highways. I'm happy for this post to be deleted if it's found inappropriate but I'd be even happier if this post is allowed to stay, gains some traction and catches the eye of someone in the Haryana police.

The cars he uses usually do not have registration numbers blanked out e.g. the Elantra that features regularly is HR260 J2702. It is therefore fully prosecutable. Any tips on how to get this idiot off the roads and behind bars?

McLaren Rulez is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 08:22   #11106
Distinguished - BHPian

That's outright stupid to do something like this on public roads. To me, this looks like the KMP expressway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Any tips on how to get this idiot off the roads and behind bars?
I guess that would be easy. Tweet to Gurgaon Police and Gurgaon Traffic Police with the links. Add a few more links of the videos and the owner details from mParivahan app. They'll take action based on this.
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 21:29   #11107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I guess that would be easy. Tweet to Gurgaon Police and Gurgaon Traffic Police with the links. Add a few more links of the videos and the owner details from mParivahan app. They'll take action based on this.
I'm not on twitter but did send a complaint through Haryana police's online complaint portal. If anyone wants to tweet them as well, please do!
Old 16th April 2020, 09:44   #11108
BHPian

I just discovered this on Reddit. Quality examples of how not to drive on roads.
Idiots in Cars
Old 16th April 2020, 15:06   #11109
Senior - BHPian

After reviewing some more dashcam footage, I'm beginning to wonder if I actually miss the bad drivers!!
1. Here's a car trying to come the wrong way on an exit on the Bangalore Chennai Highway near Ranipet.

2. And here's a car demonstrating how to make a uturn on a crowded traffic junction.

I still have a little more to review. So for those of you who are missing these bad drivers, there'll be a few more hopefully!
Old 7th May 2020, 18:10   #11110
BHPian

Today on my way back home from work, came across this gentleman crossing the Western Express Highway.

Traffic or no traffic rickshaw wala's will always be the same.

All this just to avoid a police checkpost just after the flyover.
Old 15th May 2020, 11:13   #11111
Distinguished - BHPian

Close call for both the lady and the other biker. She just switched on her indicator and went for the turn. Too much driving during lockdown I guess (she might have expected no vehicles around her).

I was easily doing 70 kmph here and I don't want to imagine their speed. Lucky I didn't turn left at that time to overtake the Brezza. Crazy driving!

naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 12:10   #11112
Distinguished - BHPian

Dude takes the oncoming lane and cuts back missing the truck by inches. You can see his dangerous move if you watch closely.

No idea what he was thinking. The signal had turned red for well over 5 seconds and you can see the vehicles of the other lane crossing the signal yet this dude tries to cut through. Really close call for the biker especially as it was raining.

naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 18:44   #11113
BHPian

Does anyone else feel the lockdown has made drivers even more idiotic? SUre, the sheer number of vehicles are down, but whatever vehicles that are on road drive like maniacs now that the roads are free.
guru_max is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 18:42   #11114
Distinguished - BHPian

An interesting revelation about European drivers after a sample survey labels the French and Greek drivers as ones, who share the top spot for hurling insults at other road users, the polling data suggested.

The full report here:-

https://www.thelocal.de/20200701/dri...vers-in-europe

Quote:
However, the poll found the Greeks were most likely (47 percent) to drive on the tail of the car in front of them and, with the French, to insult other drivers (70 percent). The Spanish, at 66 percent, were quickest to jump on their car horn, according to the research conducted in 11 countries by the Ipsos polling agency for roads operator Vinci Autoroutes. The Greeks, the study found, topped the list for dangerous road behaviour while the British came last.

According to EU data, some 22,800 road traffic fatalities were recorded in the 27 European Union countries in 2019. This was about 7,000 fewer than in 2010, representing a decrease of 23 percent. The number fell by two percent from 2018.
The 22,800 road fatalities for 27 EU countries are on a much lower side as compared to our figures for the calendar year 2018, when road accidents claimed 1,51,417 lives and caused injuries to 4,69,418 persons in India.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd July 2020 at 18:43.
Old 3rd July 2020, 19:48   #11115
BHPian

Notice how this idiot i10 driver cuts me off even after giving an indicator well before. He's something beyond stupidity can go!

P.S: Please ignore the wrong date and time stamp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks