Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 14:11   #3601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

black Figo (2755) again found speeding on the BETL last evening:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_5338.jpg

Police vehicle parked on the right side (closer to the divider) to go shopping for vegetables; the Innova was again spotted on the Hosur road and driver was not wearing seat belt and also talking on the phone while driving.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_5331.jpg

let's all squish in together; who cares about safety:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_5324.jpg
Old 6th March 2012, 14:38   #3602
Senior - BHPian

See this 800 speeding through NH17 driven by a very bad and dangerous driver. Seemed like carrying children to school with some cement bags in the boot. Don't know whether he has kept the hatch door open purposely or it opened by itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-b.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-c.jpg  

Old 7th March 2012, 12:29   #3603
Senior - BHPian

KA-04-MG-7662 black Punto loosEmotion special Moron Edition!

this morning on the BETL there was a car travelling slowly on the left lane; i check my RVM and find there is a black car about 100mts out behind me, so i put the indicator and move to right late to overtake. all of a sudden i hear horn blaring and when i check i see that black car filling my RVM and he was very close to my tail (i was already doing 80kmph). fearing this dimwit might rear-end me, i raise the throttle and pass the slow moving car and move to the left lane. the black Punto shoots by me, zig-zags though traffic and is out of sight within seconds.

later i find him waiting in queue at the EC1 toll with a 100/- note in his mouth. the funny thing is, after all his antic, i still passed through the toll before him. pity.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 13:14   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
A scene from Calicut bypass road. A bunch of bad drivers.
Tell me about it! There has been umpteen number accidents on that bypass ans still people don't learn. I encounter that road every 2-3 months and driving that stretch makes me tired more than the entire journey from Bangalore to Calicut. There is absolutely no lane discipline (fact is that they don't even know what the markings on the road means) and flashing the headlight is a symbol for telling you that "I'm out to commit suicide, you better move"
Was there in Calicut last week and while driving to Guruvayoor, an auto driver tried his skills and ended up banging on to my front bumper. I was waiting for turning right at Changuvetty (for people who know that place). There was another car on the left lane and this auto fellow tried to take his auto through the non-existent gap between the cars and bang! He hit the left side of my front bumper. He was shivering after the incident, I went to him, kept my cool, asked him to be more careful and left with a smile. What else could I do?
Old 7th March 2012, 13:46   #3605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
There is absolutely no lane discipline (fact is that they don't even know what the markings on the road means) and flashing the headlight is a symbol for telling you that "I'm out to commit suicide, you better move"
Quite true. I noticed that beyond Trichur almost upto Kannur many prefer to drive on the right side of the road literally throwing caution to the winds with continuous flashing of headlamps. That is the way driving is all out there in those parts of the land.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:18   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I noticed that beyond Trichur almost upto Kannur many prefer to drive on the right side of the road literally throwing caution to the winds with continuous flashing of headlamps. That is the way driving is all out there in those parts of the land.
That's right mate. Even my co-brother-in-law agreed that driving becomes much better once you cross Thrissur. But till there, it's a hell. No wonder there are so many accidents occurring at that part of Kerala.
Speed limit for the Calicut bypass is 70kmph for cars and that is the highest for any category of vehicle over there. Still I see most of the cars, buses, tippers and even bikes doing much more speeds there. Once in a while, there will be a police interceptor and even they don't touch the high end cars. What a pity.
Old 8th March 2012, 01:21   #3607
Senior - BHPian

No prize here, guessing who is the bus driver oops, bad driver in the first pic. He is smart and saved few minutes in doing this, but a bad driver. I know its pointless covering these morons, but hey everyone deserves some rewards for their deeds.

In case you are wondering what is that Swift doing in this thread, look closely at the internal rear view mirror, he is actually playing video on it. Rear view mirror is very important in city traffic especially during nights, while slowing down for signals one should always glance at rear view mirror to check whether the vehicle behind is also slowing down.Hmm, I learned it the hard way.

PS: When we over took the Swift, I had a good look at the rear view mirror and it was playing some video songs. Incase some one thinks its streaming video from rearview camera, like we see in Volvo city buses.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, this is the best my humble mobile cam could do.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image1607.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image1609.jpg  

Last edited by ecenandu : 8th March 2012 at 01:23.
Old 8th March 2012, 09:22   #3608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
In case you are wondering what is that Swift doing in this thread, look closely at the internal rear view mirror, he is actually playing video on it. Rear view mirror is very important in city traffic especially during nights, while slowing down for signals one should always glance at rear view mirror to check whether the vehicle behind is also slowing down.Hmm, I learned it the hard way.

PS: When we over took the Swift, I had a good look at the rear view mirror and it was playing some video songs. Incase some one thinks its streaming video from rearview camera, like we see in Volvo city buses.
Yes, I've seen quite a lot of these recently during peak hours of Bangalore traffic.
Infact these "namesake mirrors" come equipped with USB, card readers, bluetooth among others.
Our police should ban such accesories...If not, one day there will a Front-Windshield-Television!!!

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 8th March 2012 at 09:24.
Old 8th March 2012, 14:55   #3609
Senior - BHPian

this is the way we park our cars, park our cars, park our cars
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_1045.jpg

the owner of that i20 was standing at a nearby tea shop and enjoying tea and a cancer stick! that Matador (supplies van) was also was parked behind it! that Omni is also parked and the driver missing.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 8th March 2012 at 14:56.
Old 8th March 2012, 15:41   #3610
Senior - BHPian

Hi, saw this very clever and money minded rickshaw driver yesterday near Bandra,trying to make little more extra money by carrying this wooden frame this way. His passenger is also extra clever by saving the fare by not carrying it in a taxi.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-057.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

let's all squish in together; who cares about safety:
Attachment 898231
This is a good example of a loving,caring, JOINT FAMILY who dont like to be seperated.

Last edited by noopster : 8th March 2012 at 16:07. Reason: Please use Edit function if posting within 30 minutes
Old 9th March 2012, 17:52   #3611
Senior - BHPian

Saw this idiot parked in this way when all others parked in correct method. I think he is very careful for his car , MIGHT get damaged by a passing car if parked in angularly.This way he is occupying 2 cars space.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dd-058.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dd-057.jpg  

Old 9th March 2012, 18:12   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi, saw this very clever and money minded rickshaw driver yesterday near Bandra,trying to make little more extra money by carrying this wooden frame this way. His passenger is also extra clever by saving the fare by not carrying it in a taxi.

Attachment 899441

This is a good example of a loving,caring, JOINT FAMILY who dont like to be seperated.
Ji, it looks like this guy could have inserted the frame into the passenger cabin (the size seems just fit) instead of this innovative approach to create safety hazard
Old 9th March 2012, 18:26   #3613
BHPian

Place: Yesterday night while driving near Kathipara junction on the right-most lane

Condition: heavy peak-hour traffic

A biker boy does an s cut in front of me and goes ahead. Immediately, a scooty girl cuts through and lands right in front of my car - I had to break hastily to avoid hitting her. Then she cooly rides and joins the biker boy and both of them drive parallely together, merrilly chitchating

Last edited by murillo : 9th March 2012 at 18:29.
Old 12th March 2012, 16:08   #3614
Senior - BHPian

1. Was going in the Hyd-Blore highway from Devanahalli, you approach quite a bit of speed breakers on the NH (Yeah i know ) I was on the middle lane, and there appeared one Fiesta, both braked for the speed breaker but after that as I trying to accelerate out the moron is coming slowly but surely onto my lane and completely blocking it, i just let him go. The best part, there was no obstacles in front of him, i guess he wanted to urge for a drag race.
  2. Just now while returning from Office on the Inner ring road towards Koramangala, i am on the middle lane after coming out from EGL and one Auto came from my right overtook me and then suddenly decided he needs to stop so what you do? Cut right across to the left. No wonder I am becoming bald after coming to Bangalore

Last edited by motomaverick : 12th March 2012 at 16:09.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:48   #3615
Senior - BHPian

Look at the tyres of this Force Traveller. Even Mogambo's head was not as bald as this. How can he risk his own life and the lives of his 13-14 passengers?
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-14032012570.jpg  

rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks