Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2016, 07:30   #8701
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

KA02MG1986, either start using indicators while changing lanes or please remove the Team-Bhp sticker off your car bumper.

Saw this guy wading through lanes at high speeds on ORR (after KRPuram towards Tumkur road) :(
Old 15th September 2016, 08:53   #8702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
How do you react when you spot a bad driver in your office campus?

Few examples that I keep spotting daily.

a) Overtaking when you are about to enter the office gate
b) Don't care to slow down while taking turn in the stilt parking
c) Don't bother to switch on headlights in the stilt parking
d) Loud honk when you are reversing your vehicle demanding us to let them pass through

The list keeps increasing. Phew!
Some of the worst driving behavior and lack of basic etiquette is exhibited in office parkings.

Selfish parking (too near the line brackets), diagonal parking, overtaking on speed breakers, incessant honking, glaring flash buy requests, tailgating vehicle past boom barriers and not swiping ones own card, no indicators, honking at guards to pronto up the security check, and basically being moronic.
asingh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 18:28   #8703
BHPian

Yesterday, came across a fathead who switched lanes hastily without even checking for passing vehicles, (forget about putting on indicators) and he'd almost hit me. Thought of pursuing him but gave up the idea as I'm sure that wouldn't make a teensy bit of sense to that guy. But I did fulfill my responsibility by complaining to the highway patrol with the picture of car.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_7024compressed.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 18:48   #8704
Senior - BHPian

Few captures today. Dull traffic day with the state yet to recover from Holiday mood.

1) Signs have no meaning:

2) Red light? What's that? We've got to go toilet urgent!

3) Could there be vehicles behind me? Who knows and who cares?!

All on the same day :(
deathwalkr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 23:02   #8705
Senior - BHPian

When you got to go, you got to go!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-forumrunner_20160915_225105.png
Friend sent this pic yesterday.

Apparently, the Figo Aspire driver received a very urgent 'call'.. from nature! He parked the car, and got down to 'talk'.
But in his 'hurry', he had forgotten to engage the handbrake. The car rolled down and got stuck in the ditch.
A passing goods auto driver offered to help tow the stuck car out of the ditch, but only managed to rip the front bumper off.

All in all, that was one very expensive 'call' for the poor owner.

Last edited by schakravarthy : 15th September 2016 at 23:32.
schakravarthy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 00:53   #8706
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
All in all, that was one very expensive 'call' for the poor owner.
If you ask me, still acceptable compared to the possible sequence of events had he not had the 'conversation' with nature. There is no force like nature, and that's true in all aspects. Of course not engaging the handbrake and/or putting it in R gear was a big rookie mistake, it becomes more of a reflex for drivers.

Let me give some tips for people who take long trips in metro cities (> 15 km) in peak traffic :

- Hydration is great and all, but time it appropriately.. drink a gallon after you reach home even.

- Contrary to popular belief, do NOT drink coffee/tea/Redbull if a long trip follows immediately, caffeine is a diuretic and will begin to flush liquids out the body almost immediately. Substitute it for sugar for energy.

- Restroom breaks every 2-3 hours when outside, it has to be a habit.

Comfort in all respects is the need to be a safe, patient and courteous driver.. mental and physical and its up to each driver to ensure that is in place before taking the wheel. As for alcohol and driving, alcohol is a diuretic, mind suppressant, and a liquid.. one has to be an extraordinary idiot to still consume it after reading this post.
dark.knight is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 11:36   #8707
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening I was on the scooter heading out of our office campus around 6pm. There was a long line of vehicles heading out of the campus towards the main gate and the left most lane was being used by two wheelers. We were stationary for couple of minutes waiting for traffic in front of the gate on the main road to clear and just as we started moving I instinctively felt something on my right and moved my foot inwards towards the scooter and woosh - a car tyre goes over the edge of my shoe and then turns away.
I was , looked at my leg, not much pain and then I see that a swift Taxi guy who was behind me tried a manouvre to get away quickly when there was a small gap as vehicles started moving. My shoe took the brunt of the impact protecting my foot and toes, else it could have been bad, plus the fact that I moved my leg out in time so just brushed over the edge!

Last edited by NPV : 16th September 2016 at 11:39.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 15:51   #8708
BHPian

A few years back, I had the same issue but it was a huge truck instead of a car. The driver tried to squeeze into a gap and the rear left tyres passed over my right leg little finger :(

Initial pain was negligible but the entire finger along with that part of the foot turned black later that day and stayed that way for days. You are lucky that your shoes protected you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Last evening I was on the scooter heading out of our office campus around 6pm. There was a long line of vehicles heading out of the campus towards the main gate and the left most lane was being used by two wheelers. We were stationary for couple of minutes waiting for traffic in front of the gate on the main road to clear and just as we started moving I instinctively felt something on my right and moved my foot inwards towards the scooter and woosh - a car tyre goes over the edge of my shoe and then turns away.
I was , looked at my leg, not much pain and then I see that a swift Taxi guy who was behind me tried a manouvre to get away quickly when there was a small gap as vehicles started moving. My shoe took the brunt of the impact protecting my foot and toes, else it could have been bad, plus the fact that I moved my leg out in time so just brushed over the edge!
Viv3k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 21:47   #8709
BHPian

Loc- GVK Mall, Hyderabad

The way a [wo]man parks a car would also betray how [s]he drives it.

I believe these gentlemen were quite intent about their appointments and seem to have forgotten that they aren't at their home.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_4783.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_4784.jpg  

Last edited by poised2drive : 17th September 2016 at 21:48.
poised2drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 23:24   #8710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
I believe these gentlemen were quite intent about their appointments and seem to have forgotten that they aren't at their home.
Well to be fair the Duster, being a Duster can erase any white line, and the Polo Cross did just that.. cross the line.

Fancy crossovers and names have their benefits after all, who'd have thought it.
dark.knight is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 11:47   #8711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Loc- GVK Mall, Hyderabad

The way a [wo]man parks a car would also betray how [s]he drives it.

The duster case is more of mismanaged parking slot. Honestly i cant imagine 2 cars parked side by side there, and if they squeeze in then the door cannot be opened.
Ideally it should be demarcated as a very spacious disabled drivers space.
racer_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 11:50   #8712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Well to be fair the Duster, being a Duster can erase any white line, and the Polo Cross did just that.. cross the line.

Fancy crossovers and names have their benefits after all, who'd have thought it.
Whoa, that was some fancy line about LINE !

I believe the Automobile Companies can use your line as their own....

Renault Duster- Erase Every Crappy Line

VW Polo Cross- Cross Every Damn Line

Like 'make your own road' , they'd add ' Make your own LINE'

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
The duster case is more of mismanaged parking slot. Honestly i cant imagine 2 cars parked side by side there, and if they squeeze in then the door cannot be opened.
Ideally it should be demarcated as a very spacious disabled drivers space.
I agree to an extent !

But my eyes say two cars can fit through the slot if one is a small hatch, with some moderate effort ! I may be wrong though.
Next time, I will make a point to visit the parking space and check it out closely.

Last edited by poised2drive : 18th September 2016 at 11:58.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 00:57   #8713
BHPian

Came across two bad drivers almost at the same time. See the Pic.

Sorry for the poor quality - taken in a mobile by my friend who was sitting in the passenger seat.

first one
The eon, being driven with BOTH the ORVMs folded in and the guy driving happily oblivious of any traffic coming behind/left of him and chatting away, with no signs of botheration!

second one
a biker, who has somehow found a small broken bit of the median and is precariously poised to join the opposite lane. This is on the dangerous ORR near hebbal, where umpteen mishaps have already happened.

a few seconds later the eon swerves sharply to the left , right on the path of volvo which applies a sudden break and swerves to his left.

Seeing both the folded ORVMs I had maintained a 2 - 3 cars distance gap and could comfortably slow down/stop.

The biker zooms away with nary a care in mind! The eon fellow is also least bothered of the angry honks!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-carswithorvm-folded.jpg  

Old 19th September 2016, 14:35   #8714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Came across two bad drivers almost at the same time. See the Pic.

Sorry for the poor quality - taken in a mobile by my friend who was sitting in the passenger seat.

The biker zooms away with nary a care in mind! The eon fellow is also least bothered of the angry honks!
Is this close to the place where the flyover takes off? I have been a first hand victim of this on the same road. I was driving at close to 70kmph and there was sparse traffic. A moron on splendor did the same thing to me.

With less than 100 meters between the motorcycle and my car, I had no ABS, EBD for my aid except for my common sense and a little luck. The middle lane was empty so I braked and swevered right at the last second. I stopped the biker, gave a piece of my mind and drove away.

Note to others bhpians: This road is a regular for me and unfortunately this way of crossing the median is also regular. Worse, this road has the worst case of jay walking/crossing. People who are driving towards airport, be extremely careful otherwise, it could lead a crash.
Old 19th September 2016, 16:23   #8715
BHPian

A few minutes ago the security at the parking lot of CBD Belapur railway station, where I park my car, came up to my office, asking for my colleague. When I asked what the problem was, he said that she had parked her car very badly and needs to move it. So off she went, grumbling to herself. Curious to see just how she had parked, I went to my office terrace, which faces the parking lot, and clicked her photo as she got into her car. When she returned, after parking in a vacant slot, I showed her this pic and asked her what was in her mind when she parked this way. Her answer was that there was another car similarly parked just in front of where she did, so thought it was ok. I was, like OMG, how can you think that. You had blocked at least one car and made it difficult for at least one more to get out of the lot.
Now, she is a very decent, gentle lady, but with no clue whatsoever about parking, or driving for that matter, etiquette. I'll probably give her the link to this thread and ask her to go through it, in the hope that she'll understand the do's and don'ts of driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-cbd-belapur-parking-lot.jpg  

FarPatel is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks