Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 05:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

Hunsur to gonikoppa is decent.
Hunsur-murkal-kutta is good.

For people going to irpu falls do take the hudikeri route as my town comes on the gonikoppa-kanoor kutta route and i promise ppl taking this route for a hard and back braking ride.

Nagarhole restrictions of 6am to 6pm are strictly applied and the forest guards at time may make a problem if your a noisy bunch as you know its a forest and ther are few places where we have left for the animals!!!
Old 26th August 2009, 06:42   #77
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the updates.

How is the rains now? Irpu falls will be good?
Nagarahole - kabini are the roads good?
Old 26th August 2009, 11:11   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks guys for the updates.

How is the rains now? Irpu falls will be good?
Nagarahole - kabini are the roads good?
Well the rains are playing hide n seek. It doesnt rain for 2days and then doesnt stop raining for the next 2 days.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
How are these roads condition-
1) hunsur - gonikoppal - siddapur - injalkeri-madikeri

Additionally,
Gonikoppal - hudikeri -irpu falls - Nagarahole

Madikeri - gullibedu - subramanya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Hunsur to gonikoppa is decent.
No, The route near thithimathy is in bad condition.

Gonikoppa - hudikeri is also filled with potholes & in bad condition
Old 1st September 2009, 22:01   #80
Senior - BHPian

Road conditions update.

Virajpet -kutta - good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Kutta - nagarahole -murkal -hunsur - good roads except that it is narrow.

Hunsur - mysore -Superb roads.

Hunsur - periyapatna -Byalakuppe - good roads.

Bylakuppe -Hunsur road - harangi dam - good narrow roads, except some patches near the dam, not a major issue.

Harangi Dam - SH88 - good scenic roads, few patches, but not an issue

SH88- Dubare -valnoor-siddapur-chetalli-madikeri - good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Sidapur - pollibetta -good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Pollibetta - ammathi -virajpet -good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Virajpet -kadanga-kakkabe-madikeri - good narrow roads, but small patches through out.

Madikeri-bhagamandala-talacauvery -Mostly good narrow roads, but small patches through out, and near madikeri some rough patches.

On all these narrow roads you can comfortably do 40-60 kmph. Be careful when you get down to allow the oncoming vehicle to pass through.

Completely byepassed kushal nagar - so have no idea what it was like.

Though I took the swift through these roads, there were nothing which could have been a threat to the civic.

Last edited by laluks : 1st September 2009 at 22:11.
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:54   #81
Senior - BHPian

Well people try avoiding the kushalnagar madikeri route. Its pathetic to say the least
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:23   #82

Bangalore to Coorg (Tata Coffee Estate) Road Condition

Dear Fellow Members,

I and my wife intend to undertake a road trip from Bangalore to Coorg (Pollibetta) during the long weekend starting Dec 25. Since my wife is 5-months pregnant, I was hoping if someone can help me with the road conditions from Hunsur to Pollibetta. I will be driving a Toyota Corolla and intend to take the following route:

Hunsur - Virajpet / Medikeri Junction - Tithimathi - Pollibetta

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd December 2009 at 19:05. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 24th December 2009, 23:56   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitingunjan View Post
Dear Fellow Members,

I and my wife intend to undertake a road trip from Bangalore to Coorg (Pollibetta) during the long weekend starting Dec 25. Since my wife is 5-months pregnant, I was hoping if someone can help me with the road conditions from Hunsur to Pollibetta. I will be driving a Toyota Corolla and intend to take the following route:

Hunsur - Virajpet / Medikeri Junction - Tithimathi - Pollibetta
WOW! I am searching this forum with the exact same situation of travelling to Plantation trails from bangalore with a 4 months pregnant wife!! But I am leaving on Jan 4th. I see that you have not gotten an answer here.

It will be mighty helpful, if you can update me with a good route to take after you have returned from your trip. Thanks and happy holidays!
Old 25th December 2009, 23:50   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
WOW! I am searching this forum with the exact same situation of travelling to Plantation trails from bangalore with a 4 months pregnant wife!! But I am leaving on Jan 4th. I see that you have not gotten an answer here.

It will be mighty helpful, if you can update me with a good route to take after you have returned from your trip. Thanks and happy holidays!
Sure, I have finally decided to go based on information gathered from friends / other sources. Frankly, I am a bit disappointed about getting no response to my post!!!!
Old 30th December 2009, 21:44   #85

Quote:
Sure, I have finally decided to go based on information gathered from friends / other sources. Frankly, I am a bit disappointed about getting no response to my post!!!!
Hi, we just returned from a trip to Plantation Trails and I must say we did not get great advice considering I was traveling with a pregnant wife. Here is my advice if you are traveling with a pregnant wife:
- Avoid the shortcut via the KRS dam since the road in below average with a good number of bad patches that will make you and your wife nervous
- AVOID the shorter Virajpet route. Infact, this was the most horrifying experience for me personally. The road for most part was very bad and the road after Tithimathi crossing towards Pollibetta was completely non-motorable. Suggest you take the longer (40 KM longer) route via Kushalnagar - Dubare - Sidapur - Polibetta
Have a safe trip!!
Old 30th December 2009, 22:20   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi, we just returned from a trip to Plantation Trails and I must say we did not get great advice considering I was traveling with a pregnant wife. Here is my advice if you are traveling with a pregnant wife:
- Avoid the shortcut via the KRS dam since the road in below average with a good number of bad patches that will make you and your wife nervous
- AVOID the shorter Virajpet route. Infact, this was the most horrifying experience for me personally. The road for most part was very bad and the road after Tithimathi crossing towards Pollibetta was completely non-motorable. Suggest you take the longer (40 KM longer) route via Kushalnagar - Dubare - Sidapur - Polibetta
Have a safe trip!!
Any updates on the place itself? I have heard quite a lot of good things about plantation trails.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:09   #87
BHPian

Bangalore-Srirangapatna-Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Madikeri

Any updates on how good this stretch is NOW?

Planning travel in a Civic next week...

Thanks.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

That was bad Nitin. Really sorry to hear that and also on missing this thread.

I went to Kushalnagar in Sept-Oct 09. The road from Bangalore - Mysore and Mysore - Hunsur - Periyapatna - Kushalnagar is very good and the stretch from Periyapatna to Kushalnagar was freshly laid. But after Kushalnagar till Madikeri, the roads were pathetic to say the least. We were crawling in 30-40's and the stretch was riddled with potholes, stones and what not. But I guess that this is only for the short stretch from Kushalnagar to Madikeri. Not sure of the exact no. of kms though. Might be they have improved the roads now.

Quote:
Have a safe trip!!
EDIT: @Tempelhof, hope the above helps you. The indica we were travelling in was scraping some crude road humps made of mud and stones from Kushalnagar to Madikeri. This was in Sept-Oct 09. Not sure of the recent conditions of this road.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 31st December 2009 at 12:22.
Old 31st December 2009, 13:55   #89
BHPian

I was in Coorg on 24th and 25th December,and here's a quick update on the route I took and road conditions.

Mangalore - Madikeri: Pathetic. Large potholes everywhere on the ghats and uptill Madikeri town.

Madikeri-Napoklu-Kakkabe-Kabbinakadu: Narrow but OK roads.
Kabbinakadu-Virajpet-Gonikoppal: Roads are generally ok
Gonikoppal-Kutta-Kattikkulam (Wayanad): Unthinkable. Roads generally in bad condition, and gets worse near and after Kutta. Extremely painful drive.

From Kattikkulam onwards roads were excellent. My onward route, for those who are interested, was Kattikkulam-Mananthavady-Panamaram-Meenangadi-Sulthan Batheri-Pattyavayal-Bitherkad (night halt)-Devarshola-Gudalur-Theppakkadu-Bandipur-Gopalaswami Betta-Bandipur-Theppakkadu-Masinagudi-Kalhatty Ghats-Ooty (night halt)-Coonoor-Kotagiri-Mettuppalayam-Coimbatore-Palakkad.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:20   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
T
EDIT: @Tempelhof, hope the above helps you. The indica we were travelling in was scraping some crude road humps made of mud and stones from Kushalnagar to Madikeri. This was in Sept-Oct 09. Not sure of the recent conditions of this road.
Take Kushal Nagar Dubare madikere route. Ask near Kushal Nagar Bus stand for the route info.
Road conditions are good

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks