Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 16:49   #691
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Latheesh, just came to Payyanur yesterday. Roads are at the same condition, but few big potholes got added in the hunsur - gonikkoppal stretch. Took me 7hrs to reach Payyanur.

Thanks
Rajesh
@Rajesh What is your time log? Any chance we crossed path? I was in a Pearl White Corolla.
Old 17th June 2011, 20:08   #692
BHPian

Shan..Good to see that you got an eventfull trip..!!

I am still in Payyanur, coming back to Bangalore tomorrow by Train leaving my car at native. Will come in July 1st wk for taking it back to BLR.
On 11th June'11, I left Bangalore, Meenakshi Mall around 3:30pm and reached Payyanur by 11:30pm. So chance is less for meeting on the way..!
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:33   #693
Senior - BHPian

Came back yesterday - Left Kannur @ 2 PM and reached BTM layout @10 PM. Truck traffic was more in ghat section (Makoota-Perumbadi).
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:10   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Shan..Good to see that you got an eventfull trip..!!

I am still in Payyanur, coming back to Bangalore tomorrow by Train leaving my car at native. Will come in July 1st wk for taking it back to BLR.
On 11th June'11, I left Bangalore, Meenakshi Mall around 3:30pm and reached Payyanur by 11:30pm. So chance is less for meeting on the way..!
You bet it was! I was wondering how come you guys could make it in 7-8 hrs? But then I realized that my source is Whitefield, so easily takes up 30-45mins more on a light traffic. Plus since this was my first time, I kept slowing down at every intersection to make sure I'm heading the right way. Also with the baby, the unscheduled stops are more.
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:12   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Came back yesterday - Left Kannur @ 2 PM and reached BTM layout @10 PM. Truck traffic was more in ghat section (Makoota-Perumbadi).
That is so true! The ghat roads, although good, are narrow and winding leaving very little room and vision to make a pass. And the heavy loaders are already trying to hold on to their ground, it is very difficult to pass them.
Old 4th July 2011, 15:37   #696
BHPian

Driven back to Bangalore yesterday. Started from Payyanur at 2:30 noon and reached home@Blr by 11pm including dinner and tea breaks.

At Gonikoppal one new restaurant opened (I hope its new..!!) on top of the More Supermarket. Its name is 'Cuisine Papera'. Restaurant is in 2nd floor and spacious enough comparing to this town. I had only tea and didn't wait for tasting other menu items..!!

The road beyond Gonikoppal to Hunsur is getting deteriorated. Many potholes are got added.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 14:55   #697
BHPian

Planning to travel this weekend. Will take the usual route - Mysore bypass, Hunsur, Gonikoppal, Virajpet and Iritty. Planning to leave early to bet the rains and the traffic. Will post the feedbackm Meanwhile, it there is anything to watch out for please do let me know.

Also any feedback on the Srirangapatna bypass? Last time it was in a pretty bad shape. Is this road better now?
Old 7th July 2011, 15:15   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Also any feedback on the Srirangapatna bypass? Last time it was in a pretty bad shape. Is this road better now?
Other than few hundred metres condition is decent. They did some repair work.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:15   #699
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how good (or bad) are the roads on the Hunsur-Periyapatna-Suntikoppa-Mercara-Bhagamandala-Panathur-Kanhangad route ? Need to go to Kanhangad during the next weekend and suggestions on the best route to follow would be welcome.
Old 19th July 2011, 06:57   #700
BHPian

One of my relative took this road 2days back and as per him, it is not bad...they were in an Innova. I think you can surely take this road.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 12:52   #701
BHPian

Is there an alternate route to Kannur (from Bangalore) without touching the pothole ridden Hunsur - Gonikkopal stretch? I heard someone say that we can avoid this grotesque single-lane stretch by taking a slight diversion, though a bit longer, but better. Has anyone explored this alternate route?
Old 24th July 2011, 21:01   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of my relative took this road 2days back and as per him, it is not bad...they were in an Innova. I think you can surely take this road.
Thanks for the info, Rajesh. My trip to Kanhangad got cancelled this weekend, but will have to do it in another week or two. Will try out the route and report back on the road status.
Old 24th July 2011, 22:40   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su48 View Post
Is there an alternate route to Kannur (from Bangalore) without touching the pothole ridden Hunsur - Gonikkopal stretch? I heard someone say that we can avoid this grotesque single-lane stretch by taking a slight diversion, though a bit longer, but better. Has anyone explored this alternate route?
You can take Hunsur-Periyapatna-Siddapur-Virajpet route. Detailed information is available few pages back.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 15:02   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
You can take Hunsur-Periyapatna-Siddapur-Virajpet route. Detailed information is available few pages back.
Please note that the Periyapatna - Siddapura road has quite a few bad stretches as well. The heavy rains have taken a toll.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 18:48   #705
BHPian

any latest updates of gonikoppa and/or siddapura routes. will be travelling to kannur this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks