Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 22:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
T
Any idea how is the Bangalore -NH4- Hiriyur -SH19- Bellary as this will be around 300KM.
Lovely road all the way, except for some nasty road humps (unmarked, of course) and poor facilities.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:33   #77
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Condition is now better? Heard reports that it was very bad, good to know it has improved.
It was reasonably good. No pot holes. ocassiaonal patches. My timings in that stretch are
Bijapur-Ilkal 2 Hr Almost smooth(90%)
Ilkal - Muneerabad 1 hr ( Ok with patches)
After Hospet ( BP petrol pump)- chitradurga 2 hr 20 Min ( 6 PM to 8.20 PM) 50% smooth rest patches)
I was struck in trafic jam form muneerabad to this petrol pump( 10KM) took 3 hours
Old 28th May 2010, 10:34   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Lovely road all the way, except for some nasty road humps (unmarked, of course) and poor facilities.
I can reconfirm. SH19 is awesome. I did Blr - Hiriyur - Chalakhere - Hospet in Feb 10.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:36   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I was struck in trafic jam form muneerabad to this petrol pump( 10KM) took 3 hours
3 hours, 10 kms! What caused the jam, is it a constant thing?
Old 28th May 2010, 10:47   #80
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3 hours, 10 kms! What caused the jam, is it a constant thing?
I do not know. I was there at Munerabad at 3 PM. From then onwards huge pile of lorries for kilometers length. I had to go in the opposite lane many times( actually the lorry drivers themselves told me to go like that) . by the time i reached the BP petrol bunk outside hospet it is 6PM.

Actually i also wanted to know it is a regular problem, as in intend to go on another trip in near future in that road.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:40   #81
BHPian

Thanks All! for the input - also spoke to a relative in Bellary - they also confirmed the road is good and couple of weeks back they coverd the same route in 4h 30m in a santro. so all set now!!!
Old 9th June 2010, 20:51   #82
BHPian

Went to Hampi last weekend of May. Took the Tumkur - Hiriyur - Bellary - Hospet route.

On entering Bellary, there was left turn marking 'Hospet' which crosses over a railway track. This deviation was very very bad with huge craters. My Swift took some bad hits. While coming back we came through Bellary which was good and saved quite a bit of time and energy. And yes watch out for those unmarked speed breakers and cows.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:55   #83
Senior - BHPian

Update Needed Please

Guys - I need a update on the bangalore to Hampi Route. How is it after the monsoons? Friend is planning a Swift DZire drive to Hampi-Hospet.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:00   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Guys - I need a update on the bangalore to Hampi Route. How is it after the monsoons? Friend is planning a Swift DZire drive to Hampi-Hospet.
NH13 is bad all the way
Old 17th August 2010, 16:06   #85
BANNED

Don't take NH-13. i.e the Chitradurga - Hospet - Hampi route. I travelled in the 2nd week of August in that route and it took me almost 4.5 hrs from Chitradurga to Hospet.
Old 19th October 2010, 17:19   #86
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any update on the road condition on NH13 and NH7 and route suggestions along with approximate times for the trip Bangalore-Hampi-Mantralaya-Bangalore.

I plan to go this weekend in Innova (6 ppl), leave bangalore at around 7am, visit hampi and reach Mantralaya by night. And then, start off from Mantralaya on Sunday at around 1pm and reach bangalore by around 7pm at palace grounds (wouldn't want to miss the Octoberfest there).

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Old 28th October 2010, 21:19   #87
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Any news on the NH13 or NH7 route conditions to hampi?. Debating on the NH to take to hampi since the post above mentions NH13 being terrible. (that was in Aug, has it improved any?. Unlikely i would imagine)
Old 6th November 2010, 11:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from a trip to Hampi. Took the route via Anantpur/Gooty/Bellary/Hospet.
Bellary-Hospet stretch is full of craters. From Bellary to Gooty, some 25 kms in AP side is bad.
While going, there was one place where a smooth road suddenly ended in a pit and my car literally fell into the pit.
Overall, Hospet to Gooty which is around 150 kms, took 4 hours in day time.
Old 6th November 2010, 12:21   #89
Senior - BHPian

SilentEngine, that was quite a long route! I see little hope for improvement in the Gooty-Bellary-Hospet road, seems to be like this all the time
Old 6th November 2010, 18:46   #90
BHPian

Just been back from Jungle lodges resort at Daroji and Hampi.

Had taken the NH7 from Bangalore to Gooty and then NH63. NH63 is OK between Gooty and Guntakal but beyond Guntakal it's horrible.

For the return journey I continued on NH63 and took a right turn just before Bellary when I reached a board which said "BANGALORE BYPASS ROAD". I had no idea what road this was but took it anyways since it looked absolutely fantastic. It was four laned, well marked and had a toll of Rs.12/-.

After about 12 kms this four laned road abruptly ended and turned into a 2 laned one as it reached a railway crossing. Once past the crossing, I realised I was on SH19.

SH19 right upto Hiriyur (all 146 kms) is AWESOME! Well marked two laned butter-smooth road. You can easily and safely maintain triple digit cruising speeds on this stretch.

At Hiruyur I turned left and joined NH4.

All in all I think NH4-SH19-NH63 combination is the best one to Hampi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks