Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2016, 10:00   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

SH 131 is a dream. Absolutely phenomenonal stretch. Thanks creative and amp!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-1468210820142.jpg  

Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-1468210839163.jpg  

Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-1468210860990.jpg  

Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-1468210878429.jpg  

Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-1468210895789.jpg  

Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 10:18   #482
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
SH 131 is a dream. Absolutely phenomenal stretch. Thanks creative and amp!
Brilliant! So that concludes it. Thanks to both of you. As you exit Toranagallu, you should see the hills of Sandur onto your right. The ones infamous for mining. And I do hope, the traffic remains light without the trucks trying to occupy this stretch. And I think it would remain that way. Because the trucks usually take the NH13 towards Mangalore or 63 towards Bellary.

So for Hampi travelers like us; Its goodbye Bellary!

EDIT:

If some one can take some pain and validate this stretch, that would then be a double whammy!

But guys do note: Last year once I drove to Toranagallu, I took a cab to go around Hampi, so as to save myself for safety and parking hassles. The cab guy *did not* take the short-cup. He went via Toranagallu town. That speaks something about this stretch in context. Should not be that great.

Last edited by ampere : 11th July 2016 at 10:37.
Old 11th July 2016, 16:43   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Brilliant! So that concludes it. Thanks to both of you. As you exit Toranagallu, you should see the hills of Sandur onto your right. The ones infamous for mining. And I do hope, the traffic remains light without the trucks trying to occupy this stretch. And I think it would remain that way. Because the trucks usually take the NH13 towards Mangalore or 63 towards Bellary.

So for Hampi travelers like us; Its goodbye Bellary!

EDIT:

If some one can take some pain and validate this stretch, that would then be a double whammy!

But guys do note: Last year once I drove to Toranagallu, I took a cab to go around Hampi, so as to save myself for safety and parking hassles. The cab guy *did not* take the short-cup. He went via Toranagallu town. That speaks something about this stretch in context. Should not be that great.

Hi Ampere. Given, my news about SH131 has been validated, let me tell you that the other route i.e. Bellary-Hubli Road > Kudligi route is almost 90% of what the Rampura route is. Just that there are some villages where roads are a bit dug up, but I could easily maneuver them in my Ritz. I took this route while coming back from Hampi to Hyatt Place in Vidyanagar (JSW) Township.

@Red Liner Even I took some pictures of this route and shared them with my biker friends. They're coming up with excuses to their spouses and bosses to ride about as soon as possible :P

Last edited by creative420 : 11th July 2016 at 16:45. Reason: replying to another member
creative420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 17:01   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

The SH 131 is a bikers dream. Absolutely superb. Hope it isn't marauded by our bullet/duke/other fraternities now. Its a very peaceful stretch with lots of sleepy hamlets and lovely beautiful people. Last thing we need is a big bunch of arrogant bikers running around there like they own the place.

Highly recommend that this stretch is only done solo to truly enjoy and become one with nature and the locals.

Last edited by ampere : 11th July 2016 at 17:27. Reason: Dotted post fixed
Old 11th July 2016, 17:23   #485
BHPian

Quote:
The SH 131 is a bikers dream... Absolutely superb. Hope it isn't marauded by our bullet/duke/other fraternities now... Its a very peaceful stretch with lots of sleepy hamlets and lovely beautiful people. Last thing we need is a big bunch of arrogant bikers running around there like they own the place.

Highly recommend that this stretch is only done solo to truly enjoy and become one with nature and the locals.
It is little too far away from Bangalore to be marauded by the kind of bikers you're talking about. Unlike, say, Nandi Hills. And the lack of pitstops on this stretch will seriously deter them from doing so. So only for serious nature-loving kinda bikers I say. And that's the kind of biker friends I have.
Old 11th July 2016, 17:25   #486
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hi Ampere. Given, my news about SH131 has been validated.
There is no question of being validated! We all go by member's trust. You say it we believe it!

Quote:
let me tell you that the other route i.e. Bellary-Hubli Road > Kudligi route is almost 90% of what the Rampura route is. Just that there are some villages where roads are a bit dug up, but I could easily maneuver them in my Ritz. I took this route while coming back from Hampi to Hyatt Place in Vidyanagar (JSW) Township.
Brilliant! You mean the road that climbs up the ghats beyond Sandur. Good to note that. But I think we need to be careful on that stretch. Because of the monster trucks. They are just too many in number. Is it the same today?

It was quite rough till Sandur, when I went last time. Since the condion was bad, I did not venture beyond.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 17:31   #487
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The SH 131 is a bikers dream. Absolutely superb.
The other side of SH131 is also very good and passes through green fields (loops around SH49 from near the Hospet side, almost near the Ananthashayana Gudi to the Kamlapur junction which is the main entrance to Hampi via the Kadlekalu/Sasivekalu Ganeshas near Virupaksha temple)

Last edited by NPV : 11th July 2016 at 17:34.
Old 11th July 2016, 17:50   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
let me tell you that the other route i.e. Bellary-Hubli Road > Kudligi route is almost 90% of what the Rampura route is
Quote:
Brilliant! You mean the road that climbs up the ghats beyond Sandur
Ampere - creative420 is referring to the route you highlighted and not the road beyond sandur. Come to think of it even i think my cab driver took the road that you highlighted and it was broken in a few stretches and was pretty narrow
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 13:34   #489
BHPian

What's the best route to travel betweenbhampi and Bangalore assuming we will be staying at Hyatt ? Or should we consider Royal orchid for better route . Additionally would like to know a good route to badami from Bangalore and the weather at this time in badami and Hampi .. Anyone ??
Old 27th July 2016, 13:43   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

If staying at Hyatt - come via Bellary - Hiriyur - Bangalore.

Except for the Bellary By-pass, the roads are good through out.
Old 27th July 2016, 13:51   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If staying at Hyatt - come via Bellary - Hiriyur - Bangalore.

Except for the Bellary By-pass, the roads are good through out.
Thanks for the info. Since I would be going to badami and coming to Hampi any info on Bangalore badami route ? Google maps suggest going through hospet
Old 27th July 2016, 15:41   #492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Thanks for the info. Since I would be going to badami and coming to Hampi any info on Bangalore badami route ? Google maps suggest going through hospet
If Badami, then I think its better to go via Hubli rather than Hospet. You get 4-lane till Hubli.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 15:46   #493
BHPian

Quote:
If Badami, then I think its better to go via Hubli rather than Hospet. You get 4-lane till Hubli.
There are so many options suggested here for Hospet->Bangalore that i am confused.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/15...9136!3e0?hl=en

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/15...9136!3e0?hl=en

And of course the regular Chitradurga->hospete/ Hiriyur->Bellary route. Any idea on this ?

As explained in previous post, I may stay at the Hyatt but i am not sure between Hyatt and Royal orchid.
Old 27th July 2016, 16:50   #494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As explained in previous post, I may stay at the Hyatt but i am not sure between Hyatt and Royal orchid.

If you are staying at Royal Orchid which is in Hospet, take the Chitradurga route. If Hyatt (which is in Vidyanagar, Tornagallu), then take the Hiriyur/Challakere option.
Old 28th July 2016, 09:32   #495
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you're planning to visit Hampi mainly, Royal Orchid is better as it's well located and easy to access Hampi sites.

Look at this recent post where the member has covered Badami, Aihole, Pattadakal and Hampi (stayed at Hospet)...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4012685

Last edited by NPV : 28th July 2016 at 09:36.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks