Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:00   #496
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If you're planning to visit Hampi mainly, Royal Orchid is better as it's well located and easy to access Hampi sites.

Look at this recent post where the member has covered Badami, Aihole, Pattadakal and Hampi (stayed at Hospet)...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4012685
Thank you all for the route help. Took the Chitradurga - Hospet route. Roads are in bad shape for the 130 kms stretch where road widening is in progress but in initial stage. Unmarked humps , broken roads and loads and loads of trucks enroute. But brilliant weather right now in Hampi and very ideal to go touring. Mild drizzle here and there but apart from that it was outstanding to be there this time of the year.
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 12:04   #497
BHPian

Can anyone suggest any good rest stops / food & loo stops on the Bangalore -> Hiriyur -> Challakere -> Hampi route ? Once I cross Sira (Kamat)/ Hiriyur, what are my options for the second half of the journey ?

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th August 2016, 12:17   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

On the Hiriyur route, your option would be inside Bellary city or Torangallu (at the hotel).
Nothing in between
Old 4th August 2016, 12:22   #499
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Can anyone suggest any good rest stops / food & loo stops on the Bangalore -> Hiriyur -> Challakere -> Hampi route ? Once I cross Sira (Kamat)/ Hiriyur, what are my options for the second half of the journey ?
Where do you plan to stay ? Decide the route based on that.
For Royal Orchid, I would still suggest Chitradurga-Hospet. Again, you will not find many options but there may be the odd roadside dhabha/hotel since this is a trucker route.

If heading to Hyatt at Torangallu, take Hiriyur route but be prepared for the lack of facilities in between.
Old 4th August 2016, 12:30   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Where do you plan to stay ? Decide the route based on that.
For Royal Orchid, I would still suggest Chitradurga-Hospet. Again, you will not find many options but there may be the odd roadside dhabha/hotel since this is a trucker route.

If heading to Hyatt at Torangallu, take Hiriyur route but be prepared for the lack of facilities in between.
Planning a stay at Orange County Hampi. Suggestions pls?!
vsathyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 12:39   #501
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hadn't heard about this place till I saw your post
Their website is suggesting the Hiriyur-Challekere route.
The address says Kamalapura – P.K. Halli Road and I think it's just off the SH 131, please see the earlier posts on the previous page (ampere, creative420, RedLiner, etc) for reference.

Last edited by NPV : 4th August 2016 at 12:41.
Old 4th August 2016, 14:10   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Its after Hospet on Hospet Bellary Road i think. Saw a sign board saying 18kms near Royal Orchid Hospet which is near City Railway Station..So normal Chitradurga Hospet road. Although Hiriyur Challakere may also work. Potato --Potaato on bad roads either way

Last edited by shadows123 : 4th August 2016 at 14:11.
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 14:58   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
https://goo.gl/maps/UDRy99npgm52 This is the route that I would take as I absolutely did not enjoy the drive from Hospet - Chitradurga. Having said that, I will say that if you are driving a low GC car, then Hiriur - Chellakere - Hampi route will be a pain thanks to the monster speed breakers. So its still 50-50 between the two routes.

OT: Do share a few pics after your trip as the buildings in OC hampi property are apparently designed like the lotus mahal.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 15:19   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
https://goo.gl/maps/UDRy99npgm52 This is the route that I would take as I absolutely did not enjoy the drive from Hospet - Chitradurga. Having said that, I will say that if you are driving a low GC car, then Hiriur - Chellakere - Hampi route will be a pain thanks to the monster speed breakers. So its still 50-50 between the two routes.

OT: Do share a few pics after your trip as the buildings in OC hampi property are apparently designed like the lotus mahal.
Thanks for the Gmaps link. Are you sure the road from Ramapura through Ubbalanagadi is in a good condition? I'm thinking of going all the way upto Bellary Bypass and then take the Bellary-Hospet Road till Orange County, just to be on a bigger (and probably better) road. More or less, this route > https://goo.gl/maps/Pv739d5ZKV62.

Any suggestions?

Yes - I will probably write up a mini TL if the place and roads are TBHP TL-worthy. Will post pics nonetheless.
Old 4th August 2016, 18:20   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
And the final stretch from Rampura to Vidyanagar on SH 131 was amazing. Very narrow road, but majestic. Hardly any traffic on this route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
SH 131 is a dream. Absolutely phenomenonal stretch. Thanks creative and amp!
Quote:
Are you sure the road from Ramapura through Ubbalanagadi is in a good condition?
Both creative420 & Red Liner have confirmed that this stretch is good. So its your call which route you want to take.
Old 4th August 2016, 19:32   #506
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hadn't heard about this place till I saw your post
They were coming up with a big property in Hampi. The announcement went out last year. But I was not sure, as to when they were commencing operations.
Old 8th August 2016, 16:50   #507

Hello,

Have gone through the thread/multiple route suggestions and got a little lost. We are 3 families with kids and teenagers off to Hampi for the long weekend (13-15 Aug). Need some guidance please :

a) Route suggestions

Our stay is at Heritage Resort Hampi (Hosamalapanagudi, Hospet Taluk). Google suggests BLR - Tumkur - Sira - Chitradurga - Kudligi - Hospet route. But, few comments in the forum have been advising about the bad condition of roads and monster speed breakers , between Chitradurga and Hospet.

What is the best route from bangalore (BG road) to Heritage Resort ? Driving a Honda City ; so need to be careful about the monster speed breakers

b) Suggestion for itinerary

Is this too much to take for an itinerary - the youngest in the group is 3.5 years old ?

Day 1
Leave bangalore @ 5.30am / arrive by lunch
Evening Virupaksha Temple, Vithala temple, tungabhdra river

Day 2

Day trip to Badami -Pattadakkal - Aihole
  • Depart at 8am after breakfast / arrive at 10am
  • Visit cave temple and finish lunch at Badami
  • Post lunch, Badami to Pattadakal (world heritage site). Visit the group of temple complex
  • {If time permits} Pattadakal to Aihole
  • Evening around 5pm leave for Hampi

Day 3
Local sight seeing/ bazaar - and leave for Bangalore

Any suggestions based on your personal experience pls?

BR,
Old 9th August 2016, 08:05   #508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifuwant View Post
Our stay is at Heritage Resort Hampi (Hosamalapanagudi, Hospet Taluk). Google suggests BLR - Tumkur - Sira - Chitradurga - Kudligi - Hospet route.
What is the best route from bangalore (BG road) to Heritage Resort ? Driving a Honda City ; so need to be careful about the monster speed breakers
Chitradurga-Hospet is the best option, since your stay is close to Hospet.

Quote:
They are two different ends. Usually a visit starts at one place and ends at the other.

Quote:
One after noon at Hampi and you are done? No way. I would say, dont go to Badami at all. Better stay in Hampi and go around. There are many places to see. And I am sure 2 nights itself would be hectic for adults. Not to mention the 3.5 year old in the group!

Last edited by ampere : 9th August 2016 at 09:14.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 10:40   #509
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Our stay is at Heritage Resort Hampi (Hosamalapanagudi, Hospet Taluk).

This resort is just off the SH 49 which goes from Hospet towards Kamlapur and Hampi. I would say start early, take the Chitradurga-Hospet route.
If I remember correctly, the speed breakers though many in number were mostly like rumbler strips and easily manageable for my Dzire, not the tall ones that break the car's belly. But that said, do take it slowly, nice and easy, it's a Honda City.

Quote:
Day 1
Leave bangalore @ 5.30am / arrive by lunch
No, these are two different places to so don't do this.

What you can do is, start around 3pm, get back to SH 49 from your resort, turn left and you will see an arch on the left and next to it a big ad board for the Daroji Bear sanctuary - this road does not lead to the bear sanctuary, it's just an ad

This road is the SH 131, turn left here and you will reach the Virupaksha temple via Kadirampura and the Sasivakalu and Kadlekalu ganeshas. Once you visit Virpuaksha temple, head back and go straight past the SH 131 junction from where you entered towards the Virupaksha temple , which is actually the other side/continuation of SH 131 towards Kamlapur. On this road are several other ruins till you reach the SH 49 junction at Kamlapur. This way you would cover quite a few places on this side of Hampi.

**Look at the map and you will understand what I'm saying and why I'm suggesting this.

Quote:
Day 2

Evening around 5pm leave for Hampi
Instead start around 8 or 9am and go towards the Vittala temple and visit the Stone Chariot, etc
By 11am you should be done, then you can plan other visits (of course there are places in Hampi like the Jain temple, Bhimas Gateway, ASI museum and Pattabhirama temple too on the other side of SH 49 if you do wish to visit).

Also very close to Vittala temple parking lot is the ferry point to go across the Tunga river to the Anegundi side

To do justice to the ruins and attractions at Hampi, you need at least 2 full days or 3 days if done leisurely, so I would not recommend Aihole, Pattadakal and Badami to be clubbed with Hampi on a 3 day (total) trip where half days on Day 1 and Day 3 are gone in driving.

Quote:
@NPV : Did you refer to Hampi and Badami here?
I meant don't visit Virupaksha and Vittala temples on Day 1 evening. They're located at different points with lots of other ruins and attractions in between. Look at the map of Hampi and you will understand.

Also, on such a short trip, don't club it with Aihole, Badami, et all.

Last edited by NPV : 9th August 2016 at 10:53.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 10:49   #510

Thank you ampere & NPV for your inputs...

Quote:

No, these are two different places to so don't do this.
@NPV : Did you refer to Hampi and Badami here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks