Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 15:56   #436
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Thanks for that update cooltronics. I am planning to visit Hampi in the last week of Feb and will be staying at Hyatt Place near JSW.

Planning to take the Chitradurga - Hospet road and deviate towards JSW at Kudligi. Anyone here who has recently driven from Kudligi to JSW? Google maps says its 48K and should take 1 hr 20 min without traffic but I don't mind erring on the side of caution if no one here has recently driven this route.

Am I better off taking the Hiriyur - Bellary - Toranagallu route? 180 km & 3.5 hrs, which would mean a 6 hour drive from Bangalore.
In my opinion, based on the last experiences, please take the route which people have recommended and not what google recommends. Google has uncanny knack of leading drivers in a mess
Having said that, I would recommend you to use the Hiriyur Bellary road.
Chitradurga till Hospet road was excellent albeit truck traffic but have no idea on the road following deviation towards JSW.
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 10:02   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Chitradurga till Hospet road was excellent albeit truck traffic but have no idea on the road following deviation towards JSW.
Cooltronics - Will be taking the Chitradurga Hospet road. Did you happen to see any CCD or decent restaurants on NH13 where I could stop for a quick coffee/Bio break?
Old 25th February 2016, 10:19   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Cooltronics - Will be taking the Chitradurga Hospet road. Did you happen to see any CCD or decent restaurants on NH13 where I could stop for a quick coffee/Bio break?
Nope, I could not find any restaurant (pardon my ignorance if it got missed). We took a break at Kamath and went all the way to Hospet. There are some options also before Chitradurga on NH4 which you can use.
I would also recommend "Laxmi tiffin service" in Chitradurga for a good South Indian food. It is not on highway but 10 min drive inside Chitradurga
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 10:27   #439
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you're heading to Toranagallu (Hyatt ?) I think the Hiriyur route is better.
If you're staying at Hospet, I would recommend you take NH13 via Chitradurga. This is the route we took during our Hampi trip and we stayed at Royal Orchid Hospet.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 10:55   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The last decent option of what's available is at Naveen Regency in Chitradurga. It is on the service road of the highway. Once you cross Chitradurga, then nothing till Hospet.

Regarding stay, I would suggest Royal Orchid over Hyatt - basically Hospet over Toranagallu for the distance, and the traffic on the said roads.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 11:14   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Regarding stay, I would suggest Royal Orchid over Hyatt - basically Hospet over Toranagallu for the distance, and the traffic on the said roads.
Thanks condor. Went ahead with Hyatt as I had a few membership benefits & redemptions in place. Will have to live with the traffic i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If you're heading to Toranagallu (Hyatt ?) I think the Hiriyur route is better.
Taking NH 13 as cooltronics mentioned that it's much better than the Hiriyur route. I understand I might have to drive extra kms to Hyatt but I am OK with that as long as the road is good. If you say that its not really very different from NH 13, then will take Hiriyur

Last edited by procrj : 25th February 2016 at 11:20.
Old 25th February 2016, 15:20   #442
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Taking NH 13 as cooltronics mentioned that it's much better than the Hiriyur route. I understand I might have to drive extra kms to Hyatt but I am OK with that as long as the road is good. If you say that its not really very different from NH 13, then will take Hiriyur
As per recent reports here on the forum both the routes are decent (and has truck traffic so maybe need to time it well).

I stayed at Hospet so made sense to take NH13, also I visited Chitradurga fort on the way. For return journey also I took the same route.
I do not have any idea about Kudligi-Toranagallu. @condor ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 15:28   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

There was work going on in the Kudligi-Toranagallu section (south half)

Mining trucks are there in the north half of this stretch, and they drive fast & hard even when loaded. Double Watch out !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 17:05   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
As per recent reports here on the forum both the routes are decent (and has truck traffic so maybe need to time it well).
Quote:
There was work going on in the Kudligi-Toranagallu section (south half)
Mining trucks are there in the north half of this stretch, and they drive fast & hard even when loaded. Double Watch out !
Thanks NPV & Condor. Will stick to Hiriyur - Bellary - Tornagallu. The plan was to drive Chitraduraga - Hospet - Hyatt and not take Kudligi - Tornagallu but now will stick to the recommended route via Bellary.
Old 25th February 2016, 17:07   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

@procrj, After Hiriyur, watch out. Apart from the towns initially, the road has some sharp curves as you approach Bellary. Bellary by-pass has some nice big speed breakers too.
Old 25th February 2016, 17:24   #446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks NPV & Condor. Will stick to Hiriyur - Bellary - Tornagallu. The plan was to drive Chitraduraga - Hospet - Hyatt and not take Kudligi - Tornagallu but now will stick to the recommended route via Bellary.
If you are hitting Hyatt, I would any day take Hiriyur Challekere compared to Hospet. Its much better that way. You can take Bellary bypass. And as @condor mentioned, watch out for big humps.

Last edited by ampere : 25th February 2016 at 17:25.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 18:31   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@procrj, After Hiriyur, watch out. Apart from the towns initially, the road has some sharp curves as you approach Bellary. Bellary by-pass has some nice big speed breakers too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are hitting Hyatt, I would any day take Hiriyur Challekere compared to Hospet. Its much better that way. You can take Bellary bypass. And as @condor mentioned, watch out for big humps.
Thanks for the input. Will watch out for curves & speed breakers.
Old 24th March 2016, 18:47   #448
BHPian

Hello Members,

Traveling to Hospet in a couple of days. Would be staying at Hospet and visit Hampi from there.

Is the Chitradurga route the best bet as of today?

On my previous drives to Hubli / Belgaum / Goa, I have seen no good eatery between Tumkur and Ranebennur (Kamat). Considering this, is it advisable to have breakfast before Tumkur itself and then carry on till Hospet?

Planning a 6 am start.

Your inputs are appreciated!
Old 24th March 2016, 21:12   #449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Traveling to Hospet in a couple of days. Would be staying at Hospet and visit Hampi from there.
Since you stay in Hospet, go via Chitradurga. Thats the best option.

Quote:
On my previous drives to Hubli / Belgaum / Goa, I have seen no good eatery between Tumkur and Ranebennur (Kamat). Considering this, is it advisable to have breakfast before Tumkur itself and then carry on till Hospet?
There is a Kamat at Sira after Tumkur. I think there is a VRL Hotel too somewhere ahead.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 21:20   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Is the Chitradurga route the best bet as of today?
Yes, Pls check recent pages for more info on this route.

Quote:
Considering this, is it advisable to have breakfast before Tumkur itself and then carry on till Hospet?
Breakfast options:
1. Sree Rathnam before Tumkur.
2. Kamat before Sira - this is on opp side of the road
3. If you miss this, then Aroma - just before Hiriyur.
4. Naveen Regency in Chitradurga. This is on the service road of the by-pass.

Once you cross Chitradurga, it's dhaba's all the way - the life-support for Truckers

my Preference:
Rathnam > Kamat / Naven Regency > Aroma

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks