Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2017, 21:45   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I think he is referring to the VRL pit stop located here https://goo.gl/maps/YcvrN8Bt6F92
I remember mpksuhas mentioned this place as a pit stop in his Gujarat thread.
This has been there since a while but I never recollected it by name nut just by the sight of a lot of VRL Trucks and buses.

Once I stopped only to see greasy wash Basin and that was it. However, this was a decade back when I had hopped onto one of their Buses enroute Pune.

It was earlier their Depot and a warehouse, added a restaurant for trucks and then buses and now they advertise it for regular commuters as well .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 12:27   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yes, as procrj and parag mentioned its the VRL depot.

Restrooms are clean there, food and service are average though. I don't recollect any better places near to Chitradurga before Hampi turn off on the left side while driving North.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 17:52   #588
BHPian

Took the bangalore - chitradurga - hospet route last week in my Fiat.
Roads till chitradurga are a dream, once you take right at chitradurga, for most part till hospet the road construction work is in full swing and at least one side of the road with proper asphalt is done. so you should be able to cover the distance lot faster.

yes after taking right there are no options for a break/food. We usually stop and take a break at chitradurga. Just under the flyover instead of taking right towards hospet if you carry on for 100m you will find a kamat on the left.

Has enought parking, food is decent and restrooms are OK.
ant_vas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 20:44   #589
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
yes after taking right there are no options for a break/food. We usually stop and take a break at chitradurga. Just under the flyover instead of taking right towards hospet if you carry on for 100m you will find a kamat on the left.

This is news! Was not aware of a Kamat in Chitradurga. Long time it was due. Thanks for sharing.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 21:07   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is news! Was not aware of a Kamat in Chitradurga. Long time it was due. Thanks for sharing.
Indeed a news Amp. If yes, this is a much needed break-point most travelers were looking forward to as Chitradurga in itself (specially on the bypass) was not famous for good Places to eat. Whatever was good (Naveen) was never so when it came ot good Breakfast/Lunch.

There are so many Hotels at that turn off (few meters after) that have flex signs or neon lights advertising "Breakfast/Lunch" but had never stopped there mainly because it was too early.

With Kamat being a reliable name at least for good Vegetarian food when you have nothing good around, it will be worthwhile stop with the next one only another 40 minutes ahead at Davanagere (Apoorva).

Plus, this one will also cater to Hampi visitors as a good stop before they take on the ever busy highway after turn off from here that lacked facilities anyway.

Will try to keep an eye when I drive next weekend.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 21:26   #591
BHPian

Folks, sorry to disappoint but this isn't a full fledged kamat. It's called Ravi Kamat and it's in the same building as Ravi Mayur International hotel besides the highway.

Again for me it's decent enough to stop compared to other options after this. What's good for me or my family might not necessarily be ok for some of you. But I see families stop here for lunch/dinner and food is decent too. Have tried breakfast, lunch & dinner here and that's why this place has become our preferred stop.

You folks make your own opinion about this place.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-ravi-mayur-international.jpg  

Last edited by ant_vas : 19th June 2017 at 21:28. Reason: Added details
ant_vas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 21:46   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, sorry to disappoint but this isn't a full fledged kamat. It's called Ravi Kamat and it's in the same building as Ravi Mayur International hotel besides the highway.
No worries mate .

This turn off as you may have noticed has many hotels and Ravi Mayur is something I have never missed when I passing from the main carriageway above. It's easy to notice.

What these hotels have done here, sighting regular travelers and their needs to stop have now started to advertise breakfast big time along with a different name for their restaurant. I even recall one the hotels here have a neon sign that reads "Pub" to invite whoever one can think of.

Good to know that you had decent experience here. Thanks for sharing.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:12   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Took the bangalore - chitradurga - hospet route last week in my Fiat.
Roads till chitradurga are a dream, once you take right at chitradurga, for most part till hospet the road construction work is in full swing and at least one side of the road with proper asphalt is done. so you should be able to cover the distance lot faster.

Thanks for your feedback ! Sounds perfect and I've locked my Itenary for this.

I'll be taking my Punto as well, so how much time you would say it would take from this stop to the TB dam?

Quote:

Again for me it's decent enough to stop compared to other options after this. What's good for me or my family might not necessarily be ok for some of you. But I see families stop here for lunch/dinner and food is decent too. Have tried breakfast, lunch & dinner here and that's why this place has become our preferred stop.

You folks make your own opinion about this place.
Thanks again for the feedback here. Really helps. If he serves clean and decent quality south Indian breakfast, I think it would be an ideal stop before I hit the exit towards Hampi.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:37   #594
BHPian

Quote:
I'll be taking my Punto as well, so how much time you would say it would take from this stop to the TB dam?
if you don't encounter too much of truck traffic, then max 2.5 hours.

When i drove my punto, i started at 1430 after lunch at Ravi Kamat and was crossing Hospet by 1645.

Hope you have a pleasant and safe journey
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 18:18   #595
BHPian

Any road updates on the route condition for :
- Gooty- Bellary
- Bellary - Chellakere-Chitradurga
- Ananthapur - Chitradurga

Basically planning to do Hyd - Chitradurga & trying to figure out -
- whether to drive right upto Anathapur on the Hyd- Blr highway & then proceed to Chitradurga via Chellakere
- or do Hyd-Gooty- Bellari- Chellakere-Chitrdadurga ?
Old 10th July 2017, 08:52   #596
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Am planning for Bangalore Mantralaya Badami next month. Could somebody help on route from Mantralaya Badami please?

Google maps show three options
1. Mantralaya-Adoni-Ballari-Hosapete-Yelburga-Sudi-Badami (311KM)
2. Mantralaya-Manvi-Sindhanur-Kushtagi-Sudi-Badami (235KM)
3. Mantralaya-Neermanvi-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Amingad-Guledagudda-Badami (244KM)

Looking for good roads since have a young kid with me.
Old 12th July 2017, 08:31   #597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Hi,
3. Mantralaya-Neermanvi-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Amingad-Guledagudda-Badami (244KM)
I am not sure, but I think option 3 seems to be the closest.

I would suggest a modification of #3.
Mantralaya-Raichur-bypass-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Amingad-Guledagudda-Badami (255KM) At least known sections of roads

If you have time on that day you can also visit Kudala Sangama on the way. (Hungund-Kudala Sangama-Badami)
Old 12th July 2017, 09:11   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I am not sure, but I think option 3 seems to be the closest.

I would suggest a modification of #3.
Mantralaya-Raichur-bypass-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Amingad-Guledagudda-Badami (255KM) At least known sections of roads

If you have time on that day you can also visit Kudala Sangama on the way. (Hungund-Kudala Sangama-Badami)
Do you have updates on the road condition? I heard that Raichur patch was bad. No idea on further rather any of the roads in this area.
Old 12th July 2017, 12:16   #599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you have updates on the road condition? I heard that Raichur patch was bad. No idea on further rather any of the roads in this area.
Absolutely no idea.

The only reason to suggest Raichur, was because of Goa and Hampi traffic from Hyderabad takes the Raichur-Hospet section and some of them also have tried the Hungud approach.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 13:58   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Am planning for Bangalore Mantralaya Badami next month. Could somebody help on route from Mantralaya Badami please?

Looking for good roads since have a young kid with me.
I went via the option 1 last month and it was a mix of great roads and horrible potholes. There are extended stretches of a single lane road under construction with no lights at night. not a good driving situation at all. will try to dig up some pictures.
pickdj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks