Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2017, 09:11   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Thats why the query about road condition in Davanagere - Harappanahalli route.
Dont think I have seen an update on that route here in the recent past. GMaps says 3 hrs for 120 kms, which is on par with Hospet - Chitradurga route as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
If you had to pick one, which would it be?
Hampi > Tornagalu > Rampura > Chellakere > Hiriyur is a good route to take when driving in daylight. Check the last few pages of this thread for detailed updates.
Old 28th December 2017, 18:21   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. But I have a need to start from Davanagere. Do not want to backtrack to Chitradurga (60 Kms). Thats why the query about road condition in Davanagere - Harappanahalli route.
The davangere - harapanahalli-hospet is the route for you. It should be in fairly decent state as commpared to chitradurga-hospet section. This is considering the fact that not a lot of truck traffic on this route and is mainly used by buses traveling towards shimoga, mangalore

Quote:
I need to travel back from Hospete to Bangalore tomorrow. I plan to leave around 6AM. I am seeing that on google maps, the route through Chitradurga says its closed (NH50). Probably a stretch which is shut due to the road expansion or repair?

Request if someone can suggest whats the best route to take which is stress free driving and good roads.. seems there are mixed opinions about both Anantapur and Chitradurga routes... If you had to pick one, which would it be?
The road is open when i took it to travel back to bangalore a week back. Road till chitradurga is a mix of newly laid multilayered road and old road with bad patches. Many speed humps especially at the entry/exit of the villages. you should be able to do this stretch in around 2.30Hrs
Old 29th December 2017, 12:19   #693
BHPian

I left at 4.45AM and I took the Hosepet - Bellary - Anantpur road... The first 80 kms were a nightmare and i was "Bengalured"... The roads are filled with speed breakers and bad quality.. you really need to be careful to drive in the dark. but well we Bangaloreans are not new to this... so my average speed was 35km/hr..

Once i got near Anantpur and then into Andhra, the roads transformed dramatically and i was able to maintain an average speed of 120 km/hr.. Took me about 4 hours and 45 minutes to get to Hebbal..

As i had left at 4.45AM, the roads were almost empty till Bangalore and not traffic at the toll booths..

Thanks all for your help!
originalamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 11:48   #694
BHPian

The route through Anantpur is longer by 30 kms but better than the route through Challakera/Sira/Tumkur;
Onwards : Bangalore - Anantpur - Bellary - Hospet
Return : Hospet - Bellary bypass - Challakere - Tumkur - Banglore
The stretch between Hospet and Bellary is bad due to road work and truck movement. The Anantpur route gives you a longer stretch of good road!
Old 15th January 2018, 10:12   #695
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am travelling to Sloth Bear Resort by Jungle Lodges on 18 & 19 Jan from Bangalore, and plan to drive via NH48 and NH150A. This will be through Tumakuru, Sira, Challikere and Hampi.

- Can the experts please advise if this is a good option, and also share info about the recent road conditions here.

- Also, please suggest if going via Bangalore - Hyderabad Hwy/Srinagar - Kanyakumari Hwy and BELLARY Rd/Bellary - Uravakonda - Anantapur Rd would be a better bet.
Old 24th January 2018, 16:05   #696
BHPian

Recently travelled to Hampi from Bangalore and posting route conditions.

Onward. Bangalore-Chitradurga-Hospet 335kms

Great roads till Chitradurga
130 kms of patchy roads due to 4 laning from Chitradurga. Takes 3 hours to cover 130 kms at normal speeds.
Time 6 hours sedate driving

Return. Hampi-Bellari-Chellakere-Hiriyur-Bangalore 365kms

70 kms patchy roads till Bellari due to 4 laning work
130 kms good 2 lane roads till Hiriyur
160 kms 6-4 lanes back into Bangalore
Time 6.5 to 7 hours

There is another route via Anantapur.
speedkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 07:53   #697
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone done Bangalore to Hampi in the recent times ? I intend to travel this coming weekend and was looking for advice on the best route.
Old 26th June 2018, 08:35   #698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Has anyone done Bangalore to Hampi in the recent times ? I intend to travel this coming weekend and was looking for advice on the best route.
Depends on where you plan to stay. If Hospet, then its Chitradurga. In spite of 4-lane work happening, it worth taking it. But if its in Toranagallu or near Daroji, you can take the Hiriyur Challakere Bellary route.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 09:34   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Depends on where you plan to stay. If Hospet, then its Chitradurga. In spite of 4-lane work happening, it worth taking it. But if its in Toranagallu or near Daroji, you can take the Hiriyur Challakere Bellary route.
Thanks man. I will be staying at Toranagallu , so will stick to the Hiriyur route. Any information on the condition of the roads ? Cause the last post made on the road conditions was in January, 2018.
Old 26th June 2018, 09:56   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I had driven to Bellary,Hospet and back to Bangalore just about 3 weeks back.

If your destination is bellary, hospet then I suggest you take the route through Devanahalli-Anantapur-Bellary-Hospet. The roads are fantastic and I reached bellary in just about 4 hours 20 minutes . Hospet is another 90 minutes drive from there on.

While on the return I started after lunch in Hospet by about 1430 hours and was able to reach Bangalore by about 2100 hours . I was driving all the distances in 90-100Kms.

Kaushal
Old 26th June 2018, 10:16   #701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks man. I will be staying at Toranagallu , so will stick to the Hiriyur route. Any information on the condition of the roads ? Cause the last post made on the road conditions was in January, 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
I have never taken Anantpur-Bellary. Hence cant comment. But based on what Kaushal says, might be worth it. Hyderabad 4-lane followed by this wide 2-lane.

Its the same case even on Tumkur road. 4-lane till Hiriyur and then followed by wide 2-lane to Bellary via Chellekere. This 2-lane is low on traffic as well.

Also but these options I guess are very low break points.
Old 26th June 2018, 11:40   #702
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The roads are fantastic and I reached bellary in just about 4 hours 20 minutes . Hospet is another 90 minutes drive from there on.
About 6 months ago, there was road widening work in progress on the Ananthpur-Bellary section, is that complete now ?

See earlier posts in previous page of this thread discussing that - here
Old 26th June 2018, 12:06   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
About 6 months ago, there was road widening work in progress on the Ananthpur-Bellary section, is that complete now ?

See earlier posts in previous page of this thread discussing that - here
Yes, the road till anantapur is superb and could be done in about 2 hours and only a few patches remain between anantapur and bellary . Its definitely better than the regular chitradurga road devoid of all the traffic.

Kaushal.
mjkaushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 09:57   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

If your destination is bellary, hospet then I suggest you take the route through Devanahalli-Anantapur-Bellary-Hospet. The roads are fantastic and I reached bellary in just about 4 hours 20 minutes . Hospet is another 90 minutes drive from there on.

While on the return I started after lunch in Hospet by about 1430 hours and was able to reach Bangalore by about 2100 hours . I was driving all the distances in 90-100Kms.

Kaushal
My destination is Torangallu and I am actually toying the idea of taking the route you mentioned.
While the route you mentioned shows 344 kms and little over 6 hours, the one via Challakere shows 312 kms and google says this is the shortest and fastest route.

I probably will end up taking different routes during my onward and return journey :-) .
Old 4th July 2018, 09:37   #705
BHPian

I plan to go to Hampi during 13th to 15th weekend and have booked at Clarks Inn for the stay, hope it wouldn't disappoint.

Is the Chitradurga route the best for Clarks Inn, which is in Kamalapura, if yes, then I will plan to feast on Laxmi Tiffin Room Dosa on the way.

Edit - How would be the climate at Hampi, I read it's about 31 degrees average with interminent rains.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 4th July 2018 at 09:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks