Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 12:04   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
- We will have Friday evening and Saturday whole day for sightseeing. I am considering Sunday morning to relax and get ready for the drive back - unless there is something very near to Hyatt that can be visited early morning.
Recently we took a road trip without any hotel bookings (it was off season). We halted for an overnight stay in Chitradurga Govt hotel which was completely avoidable even by Govt standards. Next day we checked in to Hyatt for a day, with a plan to head to Hampi Orange County the day after. We loved Hyatt and the JSW township so much that we spent 3 days and returned to Bangalore with great memories.

Of course, the company I had was my wife and kids who don't dig Hampi much. Others might get totally bored in Hyatt. We walked a lot in JSW township, it was beautiful.

Right next to the hotel they have Kaladham. Visit it in the evening 4-5pm-ish, go back to hotel for a tea break, and then visit it again during 7-8pm (the place is decorated with lights and they have a short 3D show).

There is a nice lake/pond with a walking trail, kids play area, temple and few other things that can make a great evening stroll.

We explored near by civic amenities of the township like shopping complex, sports club, movie theatre, etc. I took the kids to post office to send postcards.

The staff at the hotel were outstanding. It was off season and we were the only family+kids in the hotel so it felt as if the entire team was looking after us. They have a clean pool which is where my kids camped most of the time. We took a room with a small plunge pool but the pool had no privacy, too small and the main pool was much better option.

What should have been a standard business hotel for an overnight comfortable stay turned out to be an amazing holiday thanks to the staff and JSW township.

Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-pool.jpg
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-road.jpg
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-kaladham.jpg
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-staff.jpg

Last edited by androdev : 12th October 2017 at 12:07.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 12:15   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Route is fine especially since you're driving in daylight. This route is devoid of facilities and not recommended for night drives. Keep supplies of water, juice, snacks, etc
Thanks NPV, that was a detailed one.

Day 1: Let me see what I can fit in to Day 1 evening once I reach there after checking in to the hotel. May be cover Vittala temple and boating point (as time permits). I heard there are few points in Hampi with a great view of the sunset (Hemakuta hill/Anjanadri hill), will try to fit in one of this if possible.

Day2 - Start with Point #1 in your email from Queens bath to Virupaksha temple (will take as must to visit)

Point #2 and #3 - Do as time permits and conclude with a visit to Sunset point to conclude

I will plan to use Mayura for lunch, Dinner might be Hyatt to avoid late night drives or use one of the options suggested by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Probably we can meet there ....
That will be great, Please let me know the vehicle I need to be looking for( mine is a black fortuner), that should be the easiest way to identify there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshithr View Post
Instead of straightaway suggestions, I would like to tell you what we did as first time travelers to Hampi. We just finished a 3 days trip to Hampi on Dusherra weekend and found it very difficult to cover Hampi in just one day.
Many Thanks for that, I might do something very similar, On Day 1 - will try to visit Vittala temple and leave Thungabhadra dam out. That way, I should be able to cover Queens Bath and few other places including Virupaksha temple on Day 2. I want to catch the sunset from Hampi and need to see if it is best done on Day 1 or 2. Day 3 is planned for only for a late breakfast checkout

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Recently we took a road trip without any hotel bookings (it was off season). We halted for an overnight stay in Chitradurga Govt hotel which was completely avoidable even by Govt standards. Next day we checked in to Hyatt for a day, with a plan to head to Hampi Orange County the day after. We loved Hyatt and the JSW township so much that we spent 3 days and returned to Bangalore with great memories.
Thanks for those updates. Good to hear I have made the right choice in Hyatt. Let me know if you tried their Dinner Buffet/Ale-carta and the feedback.

Last edited by ampere : 13th October 2017 at 00:12. Reason: back to back posts merged
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 13:52   #618
BHPian

Here are my 2 cents in addition to what has been suggested in detail:
1. Tungabhadra dam in Hospet is also a good place. You have to park and take the crowded bus up but the view of the dam from above the hill is worth it. Makes a good evening activity. But for a 2 day trip, it will be difficult to squeeze this into your itinerary.
2. We tried the Malyavanta Raghunatha temple for sunset and it was great. The plus being you can take the car to the temple up and don't have to walk much for the view point. Trust me, after all the walking during the day, this save is a bliss!
3. Please stay well hydrated by carrying enough drinking water with you.
4. We tried a home style restaurant operating under their coconut Grove and fields and food was great with local flavors. Don't remember the name, but it comes just before entering Kamlapur on the left. It's a narrow lane leading to their field. Locals should help.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 17:54   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Here are my 2 cents in addition to what has been suggested in detail:
1. Tungabhadra dam in Hospet is also a good place. You have to park and take the crowded bus up but the view of the dam from above the hill is worth it. Makes a good evening activity. But for a 2 day trip, it will be difficult to squeeze this into your itinerary.
2. We tried the Malyavanta Raghunatha temple for sunset and it was great. The plus being you can take the car to the temple up and don't have to walk much for the view point. Trust me, after all the walking during the day, this save is a bliss!
3. Please stay well hydrated by carrying enough drinking water with you.
4. We tried a home style restaurant operating under their coconut Grove and fields and food was great with local flavors. Don't remember the name, but it comes just before entering Kamlapur on the left. It's a narrow lane leading to their field. Locals should help.
Thanks for the tips.

Considering the parking proximity, I will keep Malyavanta Raghunatha temple to view the sunset (mostly for Day 2).

Below is the plan for now, request all to suggest if any changes

Day 1 – Start at 6.30 am, Use Tumakuru, Hiriyu, Challakere route – have breakfast near Thumkur. Check-in to Hyatt Place, Toranagallu around noon. Start 3ish and reach Hampi by 4.30, visit Vittala temple. Come back to Hyatt for dinner

Day 2 – Start by 9 from hotel and reach Hampi by 10 am. Visit Queens Bath/Chandrahekara temple, Ganeshas, Yoganarishma and Virupaksha temple. Squeeze a humble lunch in one of the suggested places. Go to Malyavanta Raghunatha temple for sunset. Dinner at some place in Hampi or back in hotel

Day 3 – Late breakfast, checkout and drive back to Bangalore, light lunch to be packed considering there isn’t much available on the way
Old 12th October 2017, 19:17   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Day 1 – Start at 6.30 am, Use Tumakuru, Hiriyu, Challakere route – have breakfast near Thumkur. Check-in to Hyatt Place, Toranagallu around noon. Start 3ish and reach Hampi by 4.30, visit Vittala temple. Come back to Hyatt for dinner
1. Do you plan to take Challakere - Rampura - Hyatt route or the standard Bellari Bypass - Hyatt. Asking as Rampura had become the standard route if you are travelling in the day and has the advantage of avoiding the monster speed breakers on Bellari Bypass as well as the truck traffic on the road from Bellai - Tornagalu
2.Driving on the road to Hyatt pos sunset is a pain as you will encounter trucks on high beams and the road has no markings.
3. Would suggest you drive to TB day and wrap up that so that you have all of next day free for Hampi

Quote:
Day 2 – Start by 9 from hotel and reach Hampi by 10 am. Visit Queens Bath/Chandrahekara temple, Ganeshas, Yoganarishma and Virupaksha temple. Squeeze a humble lunch in one of the suggested places. Go to Malyavanta Raghunatha temple for sunset. Dinner at some place in Hampi or back in hotel
Here is the route I would take an would split the day into 2 halves:
Morning: Vittala Temple - Kings Balance - Queens Bath - Lotus Mahal - Hazar Rama temple
Finish these before noon as its mostly open space and involves quiet a bit of walking
Lunch: Heritage resort- food is good and you get clean loos and good comfortable seating to rest for a while https://goo.gl/maps/FSADp61g2fo
Afternoon: Monolithic Bull - Virupaksha Temple - Narasimha & Shivalinga - Ganesha - Sunset @ Hemakoota hill. Suggest this order as you park near Virupaksha then take car drive to Narasimha & Shivalinga and then park near Hemakuta again. That way you minimize walking in the Sun plus cover all the important ruins.

Quote:
Day 3 – Late breakfast, checkout and drive back to Bangalore, light lunch to be packed considering there isn’t much available on the way
Food at Hyatt is good and I would recommend A la carte over the buffet.

Check this map for more detailed route suggestions or check my thread for more details on Hyatt as well as Hampi.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:58   #621

Hello Friends,
I am planning to do a Bangalore - Hampi trip. Plan was to stop at LePakshi then take the route via Ananthpur- Bellary - Hampi and return via Chitradurga.
Heard that there are heavy rains around Ananthpur - Guntakal. Can anyone update on the condition of the Ananthpur - Guntakal - Bellary roads.
Old 13th October 2017, 06:47   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishkv View Post
Hello Friends,
Heard that there are heavy rains around Ananthpur - Guntakal. Can anyone update on the condition of the Ananthpur - Guntakal - Bellary roads.
I saw reports of heavy rains around Bellary and neighboring places on regional news channel. Yesterday 2 buses were stranded in the middle of water, so not a right time for the trip.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 12:16   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
1. Do you plan to take Challakere - Rampura - Hyatt route or the standard Bellari Bypass - Hyatt. .
Thanks, that helps in fine tuning my plan further.

Yes, will be taking the Challakere - Rampura - Hyatt route.

I may try to cover some part of Hampi on Day 1 to maximize the trip. Have to manage the monsters on high-beam on the unmarked roads

I was planning Vittal temple on Day 1 reaching Humpi by 4ish, how long you think will be required to cover Vittal, I plan to use the service of a guide here

Is there a closing time I need to aware of in most of these places?
Old 13th October 2017, 13:39   #624
BHPian

Quote:

I may try to cover some part of Hampi on Day 1 to maximize the trip. Have to manage the monsters on high-beam on the unmarked roads

I was planning Vittal temple on Day 1 reaching Humpi by 4ish, how long you think will be required to cover Vittal, I plan to use the service of a guide here

Is there a closing time I need to aware of in most of these places?
2 hours minimum. You need to park much ahead, Stand in queue for taking a battery vehicle to the temple. You can cover the temple and walk to the river. Come back and take the battery vehicle to the parking. I'm sure there is a closing time for temple and battery vehicle. Please check the websites. Also, you can buy tickets for most of these monuments online through ASI website that'll help save time in entries.
Old 13th October 2017, 16:36   #625
BHPian

Quote:
2 hours minimum. You need to park much ahead, Stand in queue for taking a battery vehicle to the temple. You can cover the temple and walk to the river. Come back and take the battery vehicle to the parking. I'm sure there is a closing time for temple and battery vehicle. Please check the websites. Also, you can buy tickets for most of these monuments online through ASI website that'll help save time in entries.
Vijay Vitthala temple, which also houses the kal ratha, closes at 6 PM. It is the temple which provides battery cars as well.
iamnarayang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 17:05   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again. It might be tough to cover Vittal temple on Day 1 evening. Temple closing hours is shown as 5 PM, considering 2 hours for viewing it, we have to be there by 3 pm. This may not work for us considering 1 Hr drive from Hyatt. I read about a light and sound show and lighting here during the season, need to check if this is running now and then can plan to catch it on Day 1

Please suggest if there is something I can try to fit in a schedule from 4 pm and then drive back to Hayatt for dinner

I tried googling and ASI site to check for online tickets, but could not find any links. I might be missing it somewhere, please share if you have this handy.
Old 14th October 2017, 00:04   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again. It might be tough to cover Vittal temple on Day 1 evening. Temple closing hours is shown as 5 PM, considering 2 hours for viewing it, we have to be there by 3 pm. This may not work for us considering 1 Hr drive from Hyatt. I read about a light and sound show and lighting here during the season, need to check if this is running now and then can plan to catch it on Day 1

Please suggest if there is something I can try to fit in a schedule from 4 pm and then drive back to Hayatt for dinner

I tried googling and ASI site to check for online tickets, but could not find any links. I might be missing it somewhere, please share if you have this handy.
Here is the link for booking:
https://asi.payumoney.com/#/Common/Booking/Index

You could visit Sasivekalu Ganesha, Kadalekalu Ganesha, Badavilinga temple and Virupaksha temple for the evening. You can also walk down to the river from Virupaksha temple for a coracle ride. All these don't have any time restrictions as I'm aware of, well except for the ride across the river.

You can start early the next day and cover the rest.
Old 16th October 2017, 13:54   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link for booking:
https://asi.payumoney.com/#/Common/Booking/Index

You could visit Sasivekalu Ganesha, Kadalekalu Ganesha, Badavilinga temple and Virupaksha temple for the evening.

You can start early the next day and cover the rest.
Thanks, I could do online booking though it took a while and few attempts. Surprised that it is so economical, INR60 for 3 people for 2 days (its INR 500 for Foreigners with a special ticket at INR 750, special ticket option is not there for Indians). It would have been wonderful if Battery vehicle booking can be done online, but don't think the option exist.

Again, will that be an overkill for a schedule starting 4ish to cover that many places including Virupaksha temple
Old 16th October 2017, 17:12   #629
BHPian

you can also plan for Sandur .. its around 20 KM from Hyatt and places to visit is Shivavilas palace and kumaraswamy temple. You also get to see the neelakurunji flowers which only blooms once in 12 years.
vinukm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 00:21   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I could do online booking though it took a while and few attempts. Surprised that it is so economical, INR60 for 3 people for 2 days (its INR 500 for Foreigners with a special ticket at INR 750, special ticket option is not there for Indians). It would have been wonderful if Battery vehicle booking can be done online, but don't think the option exist.

Again, will that be an overkill for a schedule starting 4ish to cover that many places including Virupaksha temple
The first three are not actually functioning temples. They are just statues which would just need a few pictures to move on. You could complete all the three in 30-45 mins and still do Virupaksha temple.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks