Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 17:22   #301
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post
Wow.....any trip I plan, Team-BHP has a rout query thread open...Awesome!!!
I am planning a trip to Kasargod as follows during the Ramadan weekend - 24,25,26 June

Brookefield - Kunigal - Channarayapattana - Sakleshpur - Subramanya - Sullia - Kasargod - Avisa Beach Home

Regards,
Saurab
Avisa Beach House is in the back water side of Thrikkarippur, do not go to Kasargod at all. Just follow the google map -> https://goo.gl/maps/UBumVRoVgkx

If you start at 3am from Brookfield, you will reach Hunsur by 6.30 - 7am on a normal speed. You can break for breakfast at Café County (better toilets, but food is average) or there are 2-3 hotels near by to that.
Once you reach Payyanur, you have to take some local interior route to reach there. Please do download offline map. When in doubt, ask for Thrikkarippur / Kannuveedu Kadappuram.
If you PM me, I can share my number. I am local to that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You dont need to touch Virajpete while driving to Iritty or further.

The route is Bangalore - Mysore - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Bittangala--Iritty - Taliparambha - Payannur.
Yes, no need of going to Virajpet.
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 19:50   #302
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Bekal on the 8th of Feb, and considering driving down from Bengaluru. Any suggestions on what route to take? There also seems to be some road closure from 20th.
Old 18th January 2018, 21:13   #303
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Any suggestions on what route to take? There also seems to be some road closure from 20th.
Road closure is Shiradi ghat road, so you cannot go via Sakleshpur-Shiradi-Gundya-Kukke-Jalsoor.
Some alternatives are:
#1:Bangalore-Channarayapatna-Arkalgud-Shanivarasanthe-Somwarpet-Madikeri-Sampaje-Sullia-Jalsoor-Chattanchal-Bekal

Or

#2:Bangalore-Mysore-Kushalnagar-Madikeri-.. et all like #1

Or the Google maps suggested one

#3:Bangalore-Channarayapatna-Arkalgud-Ramanathapura-Kushalnagar-Madikeri-...et all like #1

However, I'm not sure how good Arkalgud-Ramanathapura-Kushalnagar is - few months ago there was some work in progress on that section.

My choice would be #1 or #2 (start very early if going via Mysore).

Last edited by NPV : 18th January 2018 at 21:15.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 11:14   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
#1:Bangalore-Channarayapatna-Arkalgud-Shanivarasanthe-Somwarpet-Madikeri-Sampaje-Sullia-Jalsoor-Chattanchal-Bekal

#3:Bangalore-Channarayapatna-Arkalgud-Ramanathapura-Kushalnagar-Madikeri-...et all like #1
I would recommend #3 over #1 , #3 offers smooth drive compared to twisty/narrow sections which is tiresome. Road work is nearly complete.
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 11:53   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bekal on the 8th of Feb
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Madikeri-Sampaje-Sullia
Madikeri route might see increased traffic due to Shiradi closure as KSRTC and other larger vehicles might be directed to use this route to get to Mangalore. Details here (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi).
Hence you might have to take Bangalore - Mysore - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Iritty - Taliparambha - Payannur - Bekal if the traffic on Madikeri route becomes crazy.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 17:08   #306
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning a trip to Bekal on the 8th of Feb, and considering driving down from Bengaluru. Any suggestions on what route to take? There also seems to be some road closure from 20th.
Please post your feedback on whichever route you take. I'm planning to go there in the first week of March. If you can post some info on whether there are any good veg restaurants in the area for lunch/dinner, it would be doubly helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hence you might have to take Bangalore - Mysore - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Iritty - Taliparambha - Payannur - Bekal if the traffic on Madikeri route becomes crazy.
Any idea what the road conditions are on this route beyond Hunsur? I've not been on this route at all.
Old 19th January 2018, 17:32   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Any idea what the road conditions are on this route beyond Hunsur? I've not been on this route at all.
Do check this thread for details - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...eries-123.html
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 15:30   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Please post your feedback on whichever route you take. I'm planning to go there in the first week of March. If you can post some info on whether there are any good veg restaurants in the area for lunch/dinner, it would be doubly helpful.

This is the route I took last week:
https://goo.gl/maps/xqpNTXthvMP2
BLR - Kunigal - Holenarasipur - Kushalnagar - Madikeri - Jalsoor - Bekal
Same for return.

6:15 hrs was my driving time when I started at 6am, drove at a decent clip, but almost constant speed. Return was a bit leisurely, so time won't be relevant.

Roads surfaces are extremely good, but can get narrow for a bit before Kushalnagar or as you enter Kerala. Still, you won't feel frustrated by anything as you progress at a decent speed.

I'm not the right guy to ask for food, as I only stop for coffee/loo breaks at places like CCD which were at reasonable intervals. Carried some breakfast along.
adroit_91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 16:06   #309
BHPian

Quote:
This is the route I took last week:
https://goo.gl/maps/xqpNTXthvMP2
BLR - Kunigal - Holenarasipur - Kushalnagar - Madikeri - Jalsoor - Bekal
Same for return.
Thanks for the route map, adroit_91. I will take this route next week too. I was kind of apprehensive about traffic on the Kushalnagar - Sullia stretch, since I assume this is where most of the Mangalore traffic is going as Shiradi is closed. I too plan to start early around 6 AM, so I can reach Bekal by lunch time. Will post an update in this thread once the trip is done.
Old 10th March 2018, 10:33   #310
BHPian

Back from a refreshing four days in Bekal. This is the route I took while going there (click thru for the route map on Google):

Bangalore > CR Patna > Holenarsipur > Shanivarasanthe > Somwarpet > Madikeri > Sampaje > Sullia > Jalsoor > Bekal

I like the Somwarpet route as it is much more scenic with well maintained roads. And twisties! I love them twisties! Not even a short straight stretch for nearly 40 kms. My XUV seems to love being thrown around curves. Started from Bangalore at around 6:45 AM, reached Madikeri at 12:45 PM and took a break for lunch. Departed Madikeri by 1:45 PM and reached Bekal by 3:30 PM. Happy to report that the roads are good all the way, without any problems anywhere. Mostly dual lane upto Jalsoor, after which it becomes slightly narrower, but still good upto Bekal.

We opted for the more boring and regular route via Kushalnagar and Mysore for the return journey. Nothing to write home about, roads are good all the way on this route too. But much more traffic than the "to" route.
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 18:15   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Back from a refreshing four days in Bekal. This is the route I took while going there (click thru for the route map on Google):

Bangalore > CR Patna > Holenarsipur > Shanivarasanthe > Somwarpet > Madikeri > Sampaje > Sullia > Jalsoor > Bekal
Am planning to visit Bekal in first week of May from Hassan. This seems to be the best route for me.
Old 10th October 2018, 14:13   #312
BHPian

I am planning to travel to Bekal from Whitefield Bangalore tomorrow, has anyone travelled recently ? Please suggest best way to go , considering Sabrimala protests etc
Old 2nd November 2018, 16:44   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car FANATICUS View Post
I am planning to travel to Bekal from Whitefield Bangalore tomorrow, has anyone travelled recently ? Please suggest best way to go , considering Sabrimala protests etc
I am planning to go to Bekal next week and would be interested to know what route you followed and how was your experience ?
Old 9th November 2018, 15:32   #314
BHPian

Hello ,

I travelled during 12th to 14th of October. Took Bangalore - > Hassan -> Sakleshpur-> Sullia route. Roads were under repair, nothing major though. Roads were good throughout except for Sakleshpur to Sullia. This stretch was under repair due to the damages from recent flood.
I took around 8.5 hours from Whitefield to Taj Bekal.
car FANATICUS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 21:19   #315
BHPian

I traveled to Bekal from Bengaluru on 8th November and was back on 11th Nov. While going to Bekal I followed the below route.

Bengaluru - Hassan - Sakleshpur - Gundiya - Subrahmanya - Jalsoor - Cherkala - Bekal

Route Map:

https://goo.gl/maps/dRVoPztf4sQ2

Excellent road from Bengaluru to Hassan . From Hassan I took a deviation towards Setihalli chruch and just followed the google maps. Roads from Hassan to Setihalli chruch was single lane and not in good condition. Not sure if there is any alternate good road but I just followed the google maps. Lots of potholes and difficult to drive fast. Road condition remains same from Setihalli chruch to Sakleshpur.

Once I reached Sakleshpur, the roads were good till Shiradi except 2 to 3 Kms while entering the ghat. Shiradi ghat was bliss to drive and the recent concrete work seems to be done nicely. Did not face any issues on this section.

Then I continued to Subramanya to Jalsoor to Cherkal and finally Bekal. Except few patches roads were good through out.

While coming from Bekal to Bengaluru, thought of coming through Madikeri so followed the below route.

Bekal - Cherkala - Jalsoor - Sullia - Madikeri - Kushalnagar - Channarayapattana - Benguluru

Route Map:

https://goo.gl/maps/6LBWSXEZoSz

From Sullia to Madikeri, I came through Sampaje ghat and was bit apprehensive about the road but it seems to be a good decision. Very less traffic on that route and most of the part has been patched. But there are few sections which are under construction and it shows the huge impact Coorg has to go through this year.

Road from Madikeri to Kushalnagar was excellent. From Kushalnagar to Channarayapattana, there were lots of speed breakers but a good scenic road to drive as it goes through villages and paddy fields and hills on both sides.

Few pics from the trip:

Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-beach.jpg

Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-bekal2.jpg

Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-fort.jpg

Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-sunset.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks