Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 07:38   #436
Team-BHP Support

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Repeating my question - has anyone availed the TN epass for a short (<72 hours) trip by flight? With to & fro flight tickets. Unfortunately the epass request form requires that you book the flight tickets in advance and provide flight details before raising the epass request.

Any feedback on this would be highly helpful
I have just generated an e-pass for a Sunday afternoon flight from Ahmedabad to Chennai. I am travelling to Ahmedabad on Thursday evening. It does require you to enter the confirmed flight details with the flight number and PNR and, even the details of the cab/car with the driver and his/her number coming to pick us up from the airport although this isn't mandatory. I've entered my car's details with a friend's contact number.

So now web check-ins are mandatory and Spicejet is charging a fee (as high as 350 Rs.)! I am guessing there's no other way but to pay this amount? I usually do check-ins at the kiosk which is free.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 10:35   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I have just generated an e-pass for a Sunday afternoon flight from Ahmedabad to Chennai. I am travelling to Ahmedabad on Thursday evening. It does require you to enter the confirmed flight details with the flight number and PNR and, even the details of the cab/car with the driver and his/her number coming to pick us up from the airport although this isn't mandatory. I've entered my car's details with a friend's contact number.
Thank you. I'm actually trying to get visibility if the TN govt is very adamant on a 14 day home quarantine requirement (or denial of epass) when traveling/flying to Chennai and returning back to source city (Mumbai for me) with a 2-3 days (halt) time-frame.

I'm thinking of going ahead and booking the flight tickets, assuming the epass will be generated without any hiccups.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 22:11   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm actually trying to get visibility if the TN govt is very adamant on a 14 day home quarantine requirement (or denial of epass) when traveling/flying to Chennai and returning back to source city (Mumbai for me) with a 2-3 days (halt) time-frame.
Quarantine - no.

I say this because some of our vendor reps. flew from Mumbai this week and the last week and they weren't asked to go into quarantine nor did the authorities call them up later. To their credit, they did get the covid test done before flying as per our company policy.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 11:57   #439
BHPian

I am planning to drive down to Ghaziabad from Bangalore; the journey is slated to start on 17th Oct 2020 and will try to reach Ghaziabad on 18th Oct 2020. The planned route is BLR-HYD-NGP (Day-1) and NGP-Seoni-Chinndwara-Narsinghpur-Sagar-Jhansi-Agra-Ghaziabad (Day-2). Hopefully rains in Telangana & Maharashtra will have minimal impact on the drive during Day-1. May someone please let me know if the planned route is good to go and if we need any travel passes (something which I have read is not mandatory now).
Old 14th October 2020, 12:08   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm thinking of going ahead and booking the flight tickets, assuming the epass will be generated without any hiccups.
As Gannu mentioned, its not checked.

I did a 3 day visit to Chennai during 2nd Oct weekend. EPass is autogenerated, so didn't have any issue in obtaining that.
While driving down, at border, pass check was random and I was not stopped for the same.

Though I had got the pass, there was no update done anywhere that I had visited TN. So on that logic, checking for quarantine also is not possible.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 10:30   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
if the planned route is good to go and if we need any travel passes...
You can refer to the update I shared in the same thread earlier, which shares the route till UP. No passes were required or checked, and road condition details as shared earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
  1. Within Bengaluru: Internal roads continue to be bad as usual and getting traffic heavy
  2. Bengaluru to Hyderabad NH44: Awesome roads as always!
  3. Hyderabad Nehru ORR: Literally a breeze
  4. Hyderabad to Adilabad NH44: Pretty good and picturesque
  5. Adilabad to Nagpur NH44: Not pleasant, with frequent, unexpected road damages which will severely test your shock absorbers
  6. Nagpur internal: Lot of road works happening in the city and roads vary from okay to poor
  7. Nagpur to Chindwara: Most of it is pretty good, the last bit is narrower and has a few bad patches
  8. Chindwara to Narsinghpur: Very bad roads for about 50 kms over flats followed by some better roads at ghats
  9. NH44 from Narsinghpur to Jhansi via Sagar: Smooth sailing throughout, easy to touch top speeds, just be on the lookout for stationary and moving groups of cows!
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 12:59   #442
BHPian

Hi all. I am travelling by road from Hyderabad to Chennai and back over the Dussehra weekend. Could someone who has travelled recently update me on.

1) If there are any e-pass requirements for AP and subsequently for TN?
2) Since our stay at Chennai is only for a day or two, is there any quarantine requirements that may ruin our plans?
3) Does Telangana need an e-pass on the return?

Would really appreciate any inputs from fellow BHPians.
Old 17th October 2020, 20:30   #443
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting my last week trip from Bangalore-Kumbakonam-Bangalore

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4910831 (Bangalore to Kumbakonam : Route Queries)

Crossing Zuzuvadi post in TN border is a pain and time consuming. As others noted. people cross the border by walk and state buses are taking U turn making difficult to cross due to chaotic traffic.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 13:40   #444
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Chennai yesterday. Applied for TN e-pass at 10:30 PM on Friday night and got it instantly.

Took the Chittoor route and crossed AP-TN border at Serkadu around 9:15 AM. Police checkpost was there and few cars were stopped, but our car was not stopped. No checking beyond that point too until we reached Chennai.

As per TN e-pass conditions, we are supposed to undergo 14 days facility quarantine followed by 14 days home quarantine (if required).

Wondering what will happen if I apply for a TN exit pass within 14 days! Will the system reject my request based on the car registration number?
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 14:22   #445
BHPian

I did ride to Krishnagiri yesterday, did not apply for any E Pass, crossed the Attibele toll and there was slight traffic on the main highway, thought it was E pass checking and I am souped. That was not the case, both TN & KA government buses are taking U turns at their respective borders since Interstate bus travel is still restricted between both states.

A cop was waving all the vehicles to take a diversion into the service road to avoid traffic, no checking of e pass and no stopping of pvt vehicles. It is not much pain to cross Zuzuvadi as others have stated above.
Old 18th October 2020, 18:50   #446
Team-BHP Support

Returned from Ahmedabad to Chennai (via Delhi today all thanks to Spicejet rescheduling a direct flight I had previously booked for this Sunday morning to tomorrow afternoon).

Please note that the cops are checking for TN e-pass at the exit gate of the terminal. If you have taken one, they'll quickly have a glance at the pass and let you go. Else you'll have to wait in a queue like this, make an e-pass at the counter and then leave:

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img_20201018_134553.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 01:34   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
)
Wondering what will happen if I apply for a TN exit pass within 14 days! Will the system reject my request based on the car registration number?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Please note that the cops are checking for TN e-pass at the exit gate of the terminal. If you have taken one, they'll quickly have a glance at the pass and let you go. Else you'll have to wait in a queue like this, make an e-pass at the counter and then leave:
How do we apply for an exit pass? The TN ePass website only has option for entry epass. No option for exit. I tried using this to check if I can select 'From' as Tamil Nadu, but I don't see that option in the drop-down.
Old 19th October 2020, 06:44   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
How do we apply for an exit pass? The TN ePass website only has option for entry epass.
TN does not ask for an exit pass. You can exit TN without the need of a pass. It is only the entry that asks for it. Please re-read what I've posted.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 20:58   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I'm actually trying to get visibility if the TN govt is very adamant on a 14 day home quarantine requirement (or denial of epass) when traveling/flying to Chennai and returning back to source city (Mumbai for me) with a 2-3 days (halt) time-frame.

I am actually driving down to TN next week from Mumbai to get my parents back here by road. I applied for an ePass and it is auto approved immediately. It says the validity is for 3 days, within which the driver my exit TN with the same pass. It also says quarantine of 14 days is required, however there doesn't seem to be any practical way foe TN to enforce this, if you wish to exit TN.. I mean, in most cases the ePass is not checked, and in cases where it is, it seems to be simply a cursory glance.. no digital recording of you actually having entered.. so I do not know how they can even enforce the quarantine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Cross posting my last week trip from Bangalore-Kumbakonam-Bangalore

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4910831 (Bangalore to Kumbakonam : Route Queries)

Crossing Zuzuvadi post in TN border is a pain and time consuming. As others noted. people cross the border by walk and state buses are taking U turn making difficult to cross due to chaotic traffic.

-Ravi
Ravi, are you advising any other route instead of Zuzuvadi? I have taken an ePass with entry at Zuzuvadi, I am hoping it is not too much of an issue crossing over

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th October 2020 at 19:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote functionality (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts at once. Thanks!
Old 20th October 2020, 22:05   #450
BHPian

Drove from Attingal to Bangalore a couple of days ago through Shengottah-Srivilliputhur-Madurai-Salem. At Aryankavu check post, Kerala cops were asking for TN e-pass. They advised to keep Kerala pass while returning. At Puliyarai check post on TN side, one has to get down at the post and enter details into a register (pretty much the same we have in the pass). Ironically, TN cops did not even glance at the TN e-pass. The rest of the drive was a breeze. No checking anywhere else. Fastag worked everywhere, cash lanes were choked though. Good restaurants seemed to have more or less pre-Covid crowd.
darklord is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks