Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2022, 09:35   #1336
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Information regarding restrictions on movement and staying of tourists in Hotels/Resorts and Safari in forest areas, during the weekend curfew in Karnataka.

Source.
Any idea on whether this is applicable only for bookings done in the past or even for new bookings? In other words, are we allowed to book and travel during weekends following covid appropriate behaviour?
Old 9th January 2022, 15:02   #1337
BHPian

Friends,

I need to travel to Chennai on 17th January 2022, Monday for a two days trip. I will be travelling with my mother and my daughter. All the three of are fully vaccinated. Are you aware of any travel rrestrictions to travel between KA and TN.

Kindly advice.

Regards,
Narayan.
Old 9th January 2022, 15:32   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Friends,

I need to travel to Chennai on 17th January 2022, Monday for a two days trip. I will be travelling with my mother and my daughter. All the three of are fully vaccinated. Are you aware of any travel rrestrictions to travel between KA and TN.

Kindly advice.

Regards,
Narayan.
No restrictions currently.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:41   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Anyone traveled out of Bangalore or returned back to Bangalore over last weekend Jan 8th & 9th curfew? Are there any checks for inter-state travelers?

-Ravi
Old 11th January 2022, 12:28   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Anyone traveled out of Bangalore or returned back to Bangalore over last weekend Jan 8th & 9th curfew? Are there any checks for inter-state travelers?
Not during the weekeend. But I did a one-day match between Madras-Bangalore and back. I was on an emergency drive, so took a leap of faith and drove TN during night curfew. I did make sure I was into TN before 1000 pm

Only place there were cops stationed after Vaniyambadi, but no vehicle was stopped. Next was on Mount Road, again not stopped. No checks at TN-AP AP-KA or KA-TN borders.

It was only trucks and buses. The rare cars were all TN plated, so can't comment what's the treatment towards KA plates.
narayans80 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:37   #1341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Not during the weekeend. But I did a one-day match between Madras-Bangalore and back. I was on an emergency drive, so took a leap of faith and drove TN during night curfew. I did make sure I was into TN before 1000 pm

Only place there were cops stationed after Vaniyambadi, but no vehicle was stopped. Next was on Mount Road, again not stopped. No checks at TN-AP AP-KA or KA-TN borders.

It was only trucks and buses. The rare cars were all TN plated, so can't comment what's the treatment towards KA plates.
Any idea about entering KA from TN? Any checks for RTPCR?
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:01   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any idea about entering KA from TN? Any checks for RTPCR?
As of now, there is nothing. No policing in any of the 4 borders I passed.
narayans80 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:11   #1343
BHPian

Friends, Need an advice.
Planning to drive to Mumbai from Bangalore on 19th Jan and return on 21st Jan. Do i need to carry a RT-PCR report if i am returning to KA within 2 days if i am double vaccinated.In November if returning to KA within 2 days we just had to produce the vaccine certificate at the airport. So wondering what would be current rules if travelled by road.
Old 14th January 2022, 19:44   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudarsanketh View Post
Friends, Need an advice.
Planning to drive to Mumbai from Bangalore on 19th Jan and return on 21st Jan. Do i need to carry a RT-PCR report if i am returning to KA within 2 days if i am double vaccinated.In November if returning to KA within 2 days we just had to produce the vaccine certificate at the airport. So wondering what would be current rules if travelled by road.
AFAIK, the returnees from MH & KL to KA need to produce RT-PCR certificate even though fully vaccinated. However, i don't think there are stringent checks in border.
I could be wrong, but others can pitch in or correct me.

-Ravi
Old 14th January 2022, 22:33   #1345
Distinguished - BHPian

I crossed TN-KA border @attibele, around 7:30 PM today. There was no checking at all and the traffic was free flowing. However, they have put lights in the temporary shed which was active last year, two guys were sitting inside. Maybe they are planning to enable the Covid booth again, but not sure.
Old 15th January 2022, 18:26   #1346

I need to travel from Pondicherry back to Bangalore on 23rd Jan (Sunday). The weekend curfew in KA is declared only till 19th Jan, but if it gets extended will I be able to enter Bangalore.

Anyone travelled interstate during the weekend curfew, please advice.
Old 15th January 2022, 22:19   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walker View Post
I need to travel from Pondicherry back to Bangalore on 23rd Jan (Sunday). The weekend curfew in KA is declared only till 19th Jan, but if it gets extended will I be able to enter Bangalore.

Weekend curfew in KA is until 31st Jan. You will have to show a valid reason to enter KA not sure if proof of residence is sufficient.
Old 15th January 2022, 22:40   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walker View Post
I know people who have traveled into KA today (Saturday) via Mangalore without being stopped or questioned. And note that it is only a curfew and not a lock down. You traveling into KA in your personal car with a fair enough reason should suffice.

PS: Check posts in Coorg district sometimes are blocked for entry into KA on weekend curfew days, that is a different thing.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 15th January 2022 at 22:41.
Old 16th January 2022, 00:19   #1349
BHPian

I drove today from Kundapur (Udupi) -> Goa via Karwar. Weekend curfew was in place and hence very less traffic (read non existent) on the road. No police checks anywhere except the border.

On KA -> GA border, double vaccination is being checked without any ID verification. GA -> KA RT-PCR report is being checked again without verification.

There was absolute peace w.r.t traffic from Kundapur to Goa. All shops/eateries were closed even the highway dhabas.
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 07:32   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I crossed TN-KA border @attibele, around 7:30 PM today. There was no checking at all and the traffic was free flowing. However, they have put lights in the temporary shed which was active last year, two guys were sitting inside. Maybe they are planning to enable the Covid booth again, but not sure.
I was stopped at this toll in my MH registered car last Saturday night around 11pm. Was asked to do rapid antigen test and then go ahead. Forgot my Aadhar card at this checkpoint too!

So, it was active last week at least. May be they shut it down now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks